Weight gainer pre-workout with p-slin?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently cutting and am doing half a serving of quick gainer and a granola bar with p-slin pre-workout, is this counter productive as far as cutting goes?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
also am keeping carbs pretty low most of the time

allxoutxwar0

Awards
Obviously I don't have a lot of rep in here yet but Ive always wondered the same thing. Since most seasoned lifters seem to grasp on to the notion that weight gainers (ingredient profile depending obv.) are essentially useless when it comes to ingesting/chewing quality nutrients. But even with that logic, a nice high carb serving of a weight gainer during the pre or pwo time period with some form of decent nutrient partitioner would theoretically be fine right? Even on a cut. Obviously the other 90% of the meals should be whole foods but I don't see any problems with utilizing shake calories to fuel or recover from a workout.

xanderjd

Awards
I'm in Baghdad, Iraq and guys here cut on weight gainer cause it's all they got.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can still cut even if you're taking a mass gainer. It's just a matter of what else are you taking in each day and totaling up your macros for your goal of cutting.