Diet for a fat kid.

Parrrish

Awards
Hey Guys, I'm looking to loose weight. I got busy with school, and haven't been able to eat and work out the way I'd like.. But I'm starting fresh.

I need to know what to eat, and what to stay away from. I'm new to this, so be nice and help me out :)

Thanks
:thanks:

Parrrish

Awards
Also if possible what kind of fluids? Gatorade/water/juice

snyper2k2

Awards
Cut coke out. You will lose some weight that way.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
no fruit juice or gatorade.

sorry but fruit juice is just as bad, and even worse than some coke products.

imagine your blood sugar levels after a glass of grape juice with 45 sugars and no fiber to slow its absorption.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
no fruit juice or gatorade.

sorry but fruit juice is just as bad, and even worse than some coke products.

imagine your blood sugar levels after a glass of grape juice with 45 sugars and no fiber to slow its absorption.
comon man, Welch's is all natural fruit juice! that some good drank! :nono:
hahahaha

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
You really just gotta weed out all the unessacary stuff like junk food, soda, products with excess amount of sugar includes juices and sweets. Your going to want to be having a high protein diet generally speaking 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb. Drink plenty of water 1+ gallons a day i always do not only does it keep you hydrated water really has its benefits and theres really no benefit to drinking anything else. I advise to stick to mostly whole foods like chicken, beef, salmon rather then going to Protein powders protein is really for when you CANT get enough protein into your diet from whole foods i do drink them post workout of course and sometimes as snacks but whole foods are always better. Just dial in the diet and training and since your new your results will be great early on.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilders are usually diet nazi's. We don't like to give information to people who don't use it.

Diet:
For your instance - I would seek a diet with 45% of the calories coming from Carbohydrates, 35% coming from protein, and 20% coming from fat. Remember 4 calories per gram carbs and protein, 9 cals per gram from fat. Set your caloric intake at your body weight x 12 (if you are working out) or x 10 (if you are lazy and are not working out) Divide your calories into 6 or so meals. Space an equal serving of protein throughout these meals.

Example foods -
Carbohydrates - Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Wheat Bread, Whole Grain pasta, Veggies, Fruit
Fat - Nuts, Peanut Butter, Healthy Oils, Egg yolks, smart balance or butter spreads
Protein - Fish, Chicken, Lean Beef (reccomend 90/10 or better), Eggs, Protein shakes

This is definitely not an exhausting list so look more up when creating your diet.

Training: Get in the GYM! Build a daily habit to get in there! Find someone who knows how to lift and group up with them. I would suggest hitting 2 muscle groups hard every day and following that with 30 minutes cardio. If you are one of those people, who are like 'I don't want to build a lot of muscle, i just want to be a thin weenie the rest of my life.' then go to weight watchers. You are in the wrong place.

Supplementation: After a couple months of consecutive gyming, consider the use of creatine monohydrate.

This is the tip of the iceberg, use search and start acting!
Get bit by the iron bug, I love it!

pcproffy

Awards
Only eat "real" food, and no soda or alcohol. And only eat food that you prepare.

Is pizza a real food? When is the last time you've seen a pizza tree? Is mac and cheese born with 2 legs or 4?

Get the idea?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Cut out anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup, for starters. Search the forums,google come back for advice on how to refine your diet. Hit the iron like a man. Do not become a wanderer/talker.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
and never to be heard from again . . . congrats kid, congrats