Cutting diet question

terse

Awards
i have a bet going and i needa get lean as possible in 10 weeks.

current weight 195. maintenance cal right now is about 3300.

im thinking of gradually decreasing to 2500 cal with 280g protein, 125g carbs, 100g fat (a lot from fish oils). then gradually decrease to 2300cal with 290g protein, 85g carbs, 90g fats.

that would give me a ratio of 50/15/35 p/c/f. is that ratio too skewed? should i even bother with p/c/f ratios or just worry about each individual macronutrient seperately?

also, ive been eating 6 whole eggs/day. how bad are egg yolks while cutting? should i be cutting some out? i'm a newb to cutting

FTMGuy

Awards
Do a CKD you if you want to win the bet. Because you will loose water weight on top of loosing fat. I can swing 10#'s from my carb-up to the end of the week.

whale

Awards
I did a diet with my clients CKD and the average weight loss in 8 weekss was 18 lbs. These were women and well lets say they are not the easiest to lose weight. So I vote for CKD.

whale.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did a diet with my clients CKD and the average weight loss in 8 weekss was 18 lbs. These were women and well lets say they are not the easiest to lose weight. So I vote for CKD.

whale.
You got that right. Pesky beta 2 receptors are the worst. I did a variation of a CKD (cut half the fat out though) with my GF and got her down to 119 and a sixpack. I have another guy participating in a contest in 2 weeks that in all honesty should win. I don't think anyone is near him as I've seen some of the competition. CKD's work but its best that you keep the fats clean and stay away from saturated fats. Results are much better that way.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what does that mean? do u mean you can swing 10g carbs/day?

i'm looking to do more of a TKD diet now.
I think he meant 10lbs. His weight can fluctuate that much during the week.

whale

Awards
I totally agree with the fats thing!! I made them go get flax oil and other essintials just to make the diet easier. Plus I felt in the long run using efa's is a better way nutrition wise anyway.

Whale

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I totally agree with the fats thing!! I made them go get flax oil and other essintials just to make the diet easier. Plus I felt in the long run using efa's is a better way nutrition wise anyway.

Whale
That recommendation really wasn't meant for you. I already know your credentials you bookworm. :D

terse

Awards
thanks for the responses guys, but how do you feel about tkd over ckd? i'm thinking of about ~25g carbs in my PW shake (using oatmeal instead of dex, after reading bobo's other thread :D) and some other fibrous veggies. probably ~40g/day.

as far as fats go ... can i eat up to 6-8 eggs/day without too much concern?

smike319

Awards
I read a book one time called "Underground Bodyopus". The thoughts listed below were taken from that book. Maybe Bobo can elaborate on them. It seems like if you can regulate your thyroid while keeping your metabolism going this would achieve good dieting results while maintaining your muscle mass.

Dieting will more than likely lower your metabolism (most of the time the culpret it ESS), so if you can regulate your thyroid levels you'll be better off. You can do this with Cytomel but it's a bit tricky and it's best to monitor your TSH levels using the "sensitive thyrotropin assay" test a think the test is about $30. The reason for the test is because when using a "T3" drug your TSH levels are suppressed. It's also important to monitor yur wakeing body temperature before and then throughout the use of T3. The optimal goal is to maintain a temperature between 97.2F - 98.2F. You will adjust your T3 dosage accordingly. If you don't monitor this and supress production of TSH it could take up to 8 weeks to regain functional levels.
Also Clen works really well because it has anabolic and anti-catabolic properties that will help increase muscle mass while dieting. It has been discovered that the use of Clen for more than 2 to 3 weeks seems to become less and less effective because the B2 adrenoreceptors wouls down regulate.
By using both of the above mentioned drugs it appears that you could get excellent results. I think the author reccommended a 2day on 2day off regimen so that you can use them longer without the burnout mentioned above.
Hope some of this rambling helps you achieve your goals! :)

FTMGuy

Awards
Bobo is right I ment my weight can swing 10 pounds in a week and in the last 8 weeks I have lost over 20 pounds (was 22% BF now down to about 17%). I use a MTC and flax oil to get most of my oils. I also use dex in P/W shake. I thought about useing a low GI carb in my shake but I don't know how long it would bump me out of ketoisis. What do you think Bobo or anyone else?

Last edited:

quasar

Awards
I use a MTC and flax oil to get most of my oils. I also use dex in P/W shake.
Do you mean some type of MCT (medium chain triglycerides) like those found in muscle milk? How much dex do you use PW and is that all your daily carbs?

Bobo, do you have any experience with TKDs? Seems like it'd be easier bc you're eating the same everyday.

FTMGuy

Awards
Do you mean some type of MCT (medium chain triglycerides) like those found in muscle milk?.
I use a pure MCT oil. I ordered it from BB.com. You can also use DAG oil or coconut oil (which is 50% MCT). MCT and DAG oils are nice because your body can use them right away unlike flax or any type of oils that I know of.

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a pure MCT oil. I ordered it from BB.com. You can also use DAG oil or coconut oil (which is 50% MCT). MCT and DAG oils are nice because your body can use them right away unlike flax or any type of oils that I know of.
Yes those are prefect. Your one of the few people that bring this up and I'm surprised more people don't use these. These fats unlike others are removed from circulation fairly quickly because they are utilized more as carbs than fats. The one problem with high fat diets is the amount of circulating FFA's that can be present. This prevents the release of stored fat until those that are circulting are oxidized as fuel. This is one of the main benefits of MCT's is that they are burned quickly, add many benefits of healthy fats and keep the body releasing and burning fats.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you mean some type of MCT (medium chain triglycerides) like those found in muscle milk? How much dex do you use PW and is that all your daily carbs?

Bobo, do you have any experience with TKDs? Seems like it'd be easier bc you're eating the same everyday.

Yes I've used both and also combined them at times. Overall I don't stick to one method or the other. I tend to tailor the benfits of them all into one. One isn't better than the other. Its bascailly what you find easier or more beneficial for you. Some like the iudea of splurging a little on the CKD but they tend to overdo it while others seems to get sick of the monotony of a TKD.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read a book one time called "Underground Bodyopus". The thoughts listed below were taken from that book. Maybe Bobo can elaborate on them. It seems like if you can regulate your thyroid while keeping your metabolism going this would achieve good dieting results while maintaining your muscle mass.

Dieting will more than likely lower your metabolism (most of the time the culpret it ESS), so if you can regulate your thyroid levels you'll be better off. You can do this with Cytomel but it's a bit tricky and it's best to monitor your TSH levels using the "sensitive thyrotropin assay" test a think the test is about $30. The reason for the test is because when using a "T3" drug your TSH levels are suppressed. It's also important to monitor yur wakeing body temperature before and then throughout the use of T3. The optimal goal is to maintain a temperature between 97.2F - 98.2F. You will adjust your T3 dosage accordingly. If you don't monitor this and supress production of TSH it could take up to 8 weeks to regain functional levels.
Also Clen works really well because it has anabolic and anti-catabolic properties that will help increase muscle mass while dieting. It has been discovered that the use of Clen for more than 2 to 3 weeks seems to become less and less effective because the B2 adrenoreceptors wouls down regulate.
By using both of the above mentioned drugs it appears that you could get excellent results. I think the author reccommended a 2day on 2day off regimen so that you can use them longer without the burnout mentioned above.
Hope some of this rambling helps you achieve your goals! :)
T4 to T3 production will drop on any diet over time. This is one reasons for refeeds as they help rasie leptin levels and have a cascading effect on thyroid functioning along with a host of other metabolic functions and returning you to the "fed state".

Clen will actually lower T3 levels while Ephedrine will raise them over time (usually 4-6 weeks). If you do use Clen you should probably look into something like Ketotifen to upregulate Beta receptors allowing you to use it for a long time. Also it would be advisable to incluse T3 with that regiment to make up for the drop in endogenous T3 levels and the effects of Clen. Comboned they are a very potent fat burner but they are not magic. Diet HAS to be in check or they are useless.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo is right I ment my weight can swing 10 pounds in a week and in the last 8 weeks I have lost over 20 pounds (was 22% BF now down to about 17%). I use a MTC and flax oil to get most of my oils. I also use dex in P/W shake. I thought about useing a low GI carb in my shake but I don't know how long it would bump me out of ketoisis. What do you think Bobo or anyone else?

Dextrose will knock you out of ketosis longer than any oatmeal will. The effects of a high GI spike causes a cascade and effect many different mechanisms. Just because its absorbed fast does not mean the effects are fast. You have to consdier its effects on HSL and LPL which it seems many people forget.

Now having said that, the idea of staying in ketosis is highly overrated. It will not burn fat any quicker and is bascially just a byproduct of low carb use, not a goal which should be maintained. You can even ask Lyle about this and he will agree.

FTMGuy

Awards
I agree about ketosis it's over rated but low carb diets and there affects on beta 2 receptor are very nice. I was think that the high GI carb would be out of my system faster if its not then maybe I will try a low GI carb for a week or 2 and see how it works. Thanks for all the great information.

smike319

Awards
Just saw on Fox News that US researchers have possibly found a way to adjust Leptin levels, that will in turn help the overweight lose weight and keep it off.
Who knows? :rolleyes:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Problem is there are so many other factors involved. In this case what works for obese people will most likely not work for a normal or lean person.

smike319

Awards
Problem is there are so many other factors involved. In this case what works for obese people will most likely not work for a normal or lean person.
Very true. Just like all those diet ads on TV that claim you can lose 20lbs in 2 weeks time, sure if your an obsenly overweight fatty that has been feeding your fat face with whatever you want and hadn't done any exercise besides the constant curls of hand to face routine for years..........ya it's doable :rolleyes:

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Very true. Just like all those diet ads on TV that claim you can lose 20lbs in 2 weeks time, sure if your an obsenly overweight fatty that has been feeding your fat face with whatever you want and hadn't done any exercise besides the constant curls of hand to face routine for years..........ya it's doable :rolleyes:

ever see that commercial for the fat burner that is like 153.xx for a one month supply..and they add in that if you have only a little fat to lose this is not for you b/c it is too strong..lol

anyway..I have never tried a ckd diet, and I think i will attempt this shortly after my last week of pct that I am on... If I read that sticky about CKD, is that good to get me going? I printed it out once, but I lost it.

not to hijack you thread though...

smike319

Awards
Ya that stupid infomercial plays in my area too sometimes.