Probably a stupid question...

Anjil

Awards
But what is a Keto diet? If I need to drop weight asap, is this something that I could try? I want a lifelong body but I want to get a decent chunk gone by February 24th, any suggestions on this "Keto" diet?

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I would say search too but when I asked that question to myself I found some really great resources one of which was the 'mathews friends' website there's lots of Keto info there check it out. I would start with the pdf http://site.matthewsfriends.org/uploads/pdf/ClassicaMCTDiets.pdf . I think one of the 1st questions I asked here is what exactly is "DC training" lol to which metroba replied with an awesome set of links. Whats better atlest this isn't a "I just got a weight set for Christmas and want to know how much superdrol I should take per day" post lol. Best of luck

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Hey Anj,

To put it short, it is basically no carbs at all throughout the week and a refeed on one weekend day. You would eat only protein and healthy fats throughout the week. There are several different variations with the refeed concept, but Keto diets are based around forcing your body to go into ketosis and if you eat even the slightest amount of carb most often the process is thwarted. It takes a lot of self-control to run a Keto diet.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
If you aren't ready to commit to a keto diet, check out carb cycling. It can be very beneficial in fat loss.

Anjil

Awards
Good thing I dont like carbs :) So trying this!! Thanks guys!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
you will learn that you like them very quickly :)

For the first time dieter, I would suggest a 35% protein 45% carb 20% fat diet built on a sound caloric intake.

Anjil

Awards
Ive dieted on and off my whole life. The no carbs is really what seems to work the best. The thing that makes it hard is my Fiance. Mr. Psycho Metalobism over here needs to eat carbs because if he doesnt, hes hungry in 5 minutes. But that's going to be a little difficult because I got rid of ALL the carbs last night :)