8 weeks cut, lets see what we can do

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I am mostly using this thread for my own journal keeping purposes, but join in if you'd like. I am adapting the ideas of muscleandfitness.com's 'showtime diet' Here is a link to the idea of the diet Muscle and Fitness nutrition THE 'SHOW TIME' DIET

I have changed it a bit by making it 8 weeks instead of 4 and i decrease calories and carbs at half the rate. That way it is a longer less burstish loss.

Diet - I will be posting my weekly diet as it changes.

Training -
mon - legs/abs
tues - chest/triceps
wed - back/biceps
thurs - hammies/calves
fri - shoulders/abs
sat - arms
30 minutes cardio following every workout

Supplementation -
Recreate x3 daily
Thyroid Factor (natural thyroid booster) x3 daily
Anabolic Pump with meal 1,4,6
Pslin with preworkout
Creatine Monohydrate - 5g preworkout and 5g postworkout
Superpump in meal 2

I also have some old Superdrine and Showtime that i may use near the end of the cut, if i feel like it.

REVIEW: Start weight 217-218. End weight 203-202.

Strength loss: minimal
Mass loss: minimal
Overall feeling: felt drained somewhat, but not exhausted.

This cut ended up mainly being focused on diet and training. I would not attribute much to supplementation. Although I put my stamp of approval on creatine monohydrate, a burner, and L-tyrosine/Thyroid factor supplements that were used in the cut. The idea of removing carbs in this fashion worked well at stripping fat in a consistent manner. If i were to do this again, or suggest this to anyone, I would say do weeks 1 to weeks 5 and keep the carbs from going under 70 - 100g depending on your bodyweight. Cardio was definitely a success factor. It was pretty much steady state for the entire cut. I trained just how i had been training before. Lifting for hypertrophy - usually 8-12 reps with most muscle groups, 15-25 on legs.

:approve:

Feel free to pm with any questions on the diet or training for this log. Peace out bros, time to gain some mass.

The top 2 pics are before, bottom 2 pics are after - should have done them in the morning but who gives.

Attachments

Last edited:
Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - weight 216.5
I felt pretty energetic today! Hit Quads hard - 4 sets leg press and 4 sets squats, 4 sets leg extensions, with some hip abduction work as well. Only did a quick 4 set cable ab curl for abs. 30 minutes cardio went smooth and the last 5 minutes i picked up a lot of intensity. Diet went perfect today. I am going to have to hit the store on my way home from work in just a minute. Hate having to cook so late, but it is a must in order to stay right on the diet.

Aitkenn

Awards
I'll be following you man. Thinking about giving your diet a try. Not tooo far off from mine, macronutrient wise.. but seems more doable for me. Keep it up

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
good luck man.. i'm on an 8-10 weeker.. depending on if i can get to single digit bf or not

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Aitkenn, Jimbo, and Tumtum - good to have ya!

That PP stack looks pretty sweet for its price. Unfortunately, I gotta use the sups i have before i buy more. I am going to edit the sups i am using today up top so check it out. Sucks being a poor A$$ college student!

Good luck tumtum, are you loggin it? Is your name from 3 ninjas, if so reps coming to you just because of that.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - weight 215.5
Worked chest and triceps today. 4 sets of slightly inclined db bench press, 4 sets incline hammer strength, 4 sets cable flies decline, 3 sets of smith machine bench press half contractions. Felt very pumped after that. 3 sets of dips and 4 sets wide grip push downs followed by 30 minutes cardio.

Turkelton

Awards
I'm at almost the exact same weight and just started my cut yesterday. I'd be curious to see you diet, etc...this is really the first proper cut I've done.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I have 8 weeks of diet created with an excel program that a buddy and i made. But! I can't upload excel file format on this thread :( I will just take the time to post it up week by week i guess.

Here is the diet I am doing with week 1:
Calories 3,596.50 / 327.65g Protein / 332.05g Carbohydrates / 108.90g Fat
36% Protein / 37% Carbohydrate / 27% Fat

Meal 1 - 664 calories, 44.4g P/ 57.8g C/ 30.4g F
4 Egg Whites
3 Eggs Whole
3 slices Ezekial Bread Cinnamon Raisin
1 tbsp Smart Balance

Meal 2 preworkout - 559 calories, 58.5g P/ 68.0g C/ 6.0g F
2 scoops Gaspari Myofusion protein
4 ounces skim milk
1 slice Ezekial bread cinnamon raisin
1 Orange
1 1/2 scoops Gaspari Superpump

Meal 3 Postworkout - 585.5 calories, 75.25g P/ 53.25g C/ 6.75g F
16 ounces skim milk
1 slice Ezekiel bread cinnamon raisin
2 1/4 Gaspari Myofusion Protein

Meal 4 - 492 calories, 33g P/ 55g C/ 15.5g F
4 ounces chicken breast
1 cup Brown Rice
1.5 tbsp Smart Balance Buttery Spread
1 cup Green Beans

Meal 5 - 430 calories, 43.5g P/ 24.00g C/ 17.25g F
5 ounces tuna
1 slice ezekial cinnamon raisin bread
2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter - Adam's Chunky

Meal 6 - 436 calories, 29.0g P/ 45.0g C/ 16.0g F
1 cup Brown Rice
4 ounces 96/4 Lean Ground Beef
1 tbsp Smart Balance Buttery Spread

Meal 7 - 430 calories, 44.0g P/ 29.0g C/ 17.0g F
2 scooops Muscle Milk Protein
8 ounces 2% milk

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
you cut on that many cals and carbs?

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 3- weight 215
Hit back and biceps. Did some heavy one arm rows. Felt pretty tired on cardio today. My legs definitely do not feel recharged from monday. I am feeling good about the cut though and am seeing just a bit of progress.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
you cut on that many cals and carbs?
Well the suggested macros for the 'showtime diet' for week 1 carbs and protein are 1.5g x body weight - which was 219 so roughly 330g carbs and protein.

I have lost weight on 3800 clean calories before as well, with 45% carbs 35% prot 20% fat.

This diet tapers down an estimated 220 calories a week and week 8 i should be as low as 2300 calories.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 - Weight 215
Today, I went to court to fight a traffic violation ticket. I won! Dismissed charges woowoo! To celebrate, I destroyed myself in the gym. I have really grown to love having a hamstrings/calves day in my split. Did some high rep smith machine DL's to warm up the hammies and then hit some machine curls. I was feeling ambitious so I even threw in 2 bicep workouts as some workout dessert. Cardio went well. I pushed myself the last five minutes almost like hiit. I also have a buddy who is running this same diet concurrently so near the end i will post up his results as well.

soybon

Awards
I wouldn't mind taking a look at your spreadsheet man. You could put it up on Scribd or google documents and post the link here.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 - Weight 214.5
I went and worked out with a good friend in Sandy. We hit shoulders and abs pretty hard. Felt quite successful today. Starting school this upcoming monday so I am going to be playing the scheduling game for a little bit. I am hoping that it will be an easier schedule rather than my night work schedules.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 - 213.5
Today I worked biceps, traps, and threw in a back workout. It felt fantastic. 30 minutes cardio and i consider my training done for the week. I am very sore and am hoping I regen quick on my rest day tomorrow. I will post up the next weeks diet on day 8. Glanced in the mirror today - definitely looking leaner.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - weight 214.5
Depleted myself hard with a crushing legs day.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 - Weight 213.5

This is what i have been eating for week 2. I felt like i have recompositioned a bit this week. Visually just as much loss as week 1.

Meal 1 -
4 Egg Whites
3 Eggs Whole
2 slices Ezekial Bread Cinnamon Raisin
1 tbsp Smart Balance

Meal 2 preworkout - 559 calories, 58.5g P/ 68.0g C/ 6.0g F
2 scoops Gaspari Myofusion protein
4 ounces skim milk
1 slice Ezekial bread cinnamon raisin
1 Orange
1 1/2 scoops Gaspari Superpump

Meal 3 Postworkout - 585.5 calories, 75.25g P/ 53.25g C/ 6.75g F
16 ounces skim milk
1 slice Ezekiel bread cinnamon raisin
2 1/4 Gaspari Myofusion Protein

Meal 4 -
4 ounces chicken breast
.5 cup Brown Rice
1.5 tbsp Smart Balance Buttery Spread
1 cup Green Beans

Meal 5 - 430 calories, 43.5g P/ 24.00g C/ 17.25g F
5 ounces tuna
1 slice ezekial cinnamon raisin bread
2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter - Adam's Chunky

Meal 6 -
.5 cup Brown Rice
4 ounces 96/4 Lean Ground Beef
1 tbsp Smart Balance Buttery Spread

Meal 7 - 430 calories, 44.0g P/ 29.0g C/ 17.0g F
2 scooops Muscle Milk Protein
8 ounces 2% milk

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
See the link in my thread post. That will take you to muscleandfitness.com's showtime diet page.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 14 - 213
My body has recomped a bit more. I was way stressed out today. Today, normally being my rest day, was not. I got antsy and went to the gym and took my stress out on my abs and forearms. I didn't want to entirely drain myself so that Legs tomorrow will be effective.

Another Calorie + Carb cut for the week. I am glad to do this because i think it will spur more fat loss. It seems like my body gets used to the caloric intake every week. My rest day comes and then i trick my body with the drop.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Diet for week 3:
Calories - 3,134.5 / Protein 320.65g / Carbohydrates 217.55g / Fat 105.65g

Meal 1: Calories 524 / P 38.4 / C 21.8 / F 30.4
4 Egg Whites
3 Whole Eggs
1 slice Ezekiel Bread Cinnamon Raisin
1 tbsp Smart balance buttery spread

Meal 2 Preworkout: Calories 509 / P 57.5 / C 53 / F 6
2 Scoops Myofusion
1 Orange
6 Ounces Skim Milk
1.5 Scoops Superpump

Meal 3 Postworkout: Calories 505.5 / P 67.25 / C 41.25 / F 6.75
8 ounces Skim Milk
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread
2.25 scoops Myofusion

Meal 4: Calories 430 / P 43.5 / C 24.0 / F 17.25
5 ounces Tuna
1 Slice Ezekiel bread
2 tbsp Adams Natty Peanut Butter (crunchy - yeah, baby yeah!)

Meal 5: Calories 438 / P 43.5 / C 32.5 / F 14.5
6 ounces Chicken Breast lean
.5 cups Brown Rice
1.5 Smart Balance
1 cup Green Beans

Meal 6: Calories 363 / P 32.5 / C 22.5 / F 16.25
5 ounces 96/4 Lean Ground Beef
.5 cups Brown Rice
1 tbsp Smart Balance

Meal 7: Calories 365 / P 38 / C 22.5 / F 14.5
2 scoops Muscle Milk Protein
4 ounces 2% milk

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 - 213
Today it feels like I have been through hell. I showed my legs some tough love in the gym today and they ache even while sitting still. I am emotionally drained too. My brother is a drug addict and i have been trying to pull him from the drug life and he is just killing me. I gave him an ultimatum today, having to live by the rules or move out. I have been stressed out beyond belief, which is very negative to a cut. I can't have my cortisol hiking up this way. All i can do is pray that this gets taken care of in a quick manner. I feel like i have been hit by a truck and i just want to go to sleep. At least it was MLK Jr. day today and i didnt have school. At least i have been perfect on diet and training for the past 15 days.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 - weight 213.5
Back and biceps. It was a great day.

Turkelton

Awards
Day 15 - 213
Today it feels like I have been through hell. I showed my legs some tough love in the gym today and they ache even while sitting still. I am emotionally drained too. My brother is a drug addict and i have been trying to pull him from the drug life and he is just killing me. I gave him an ultimatum today, having to live by the rules or move out. I have been stressed out beyond belief, which is very negative to a cut. I can't have my cortisol hiking up this way. All i can do is pray that this gets taken care of in a quick manner. I feel like i have been hit by a truck and i just want to go to sleep. At least it was MLK Jr. day today and i didnt have school. At least i have been perfect on diet and training for the past 15 days.
Sorry to hear about that; hope it all works out.

At least you've been making pretty decent progress...

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 - Weight 212.5

I worked out at the university of utah today. It was alright other than the fact that there are way too many hot woman. Breaks my concentration. Still banged up the shoulders pretty good. Hit abs with the ab wheel as well. Strength has taken a bit of a hit but i am still doing well with mass. Look extra pumped at 10 pm last night for no particular reason.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 19 - weight 211.5
Worked Hamstrings and calves. Went fantastic. I am feeling really good about losing fat while retaining muscle. I am almost positive that i havent lost any muscle. If anything, I think i have put on a bit. I do have pre pics so I will take some post pics when finished with my 8 week run and post them up.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 20 - weight 212
Arms day dessert. I worked out with one of my favorite training partners, Neal. We put each other through the ringer and it was very satisfying. I cooked up a bunch of meals today so i am prepared for the next step - Week 4 comin up. I will dip under 3k cals this week and hopefully that will continue to shred fat off and trim me up. My buddy commented on how vascular i was looking today, so i will take that as a good sign.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 22 - weight 213
I must have recharged some glycogen yesterday on my rest day. I am feeling pretty drained today. Hit quads hard. Down to 2900 cals. I will post up the diet for this week tonight.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 24 - Weight 210.5
Chest tris today. Using my superdrine now for cutting purposes. Dosing it at 2-3 pills a day. Seeing good loss. I am keeping muscle pretty well but am feeling smaller

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 - weight 211
I slammed shoulders and abs today. Feeling a little more flat. I think this is due to the depleting carbs. My body has been used to 250g+ carbs for a while now. I am not pumping up quite as much. I am planning on cheating this Saturday for one meal. I have a date so I figure its a good excuse. Hopefully getting some additional carbs in that meal will stimulate my body to lose even more fat with depleted carbs later.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 26 - weight 209.5
Starting feel really flat and depleted. I worked hamstrings and calves today. Was not able to push myself how i usually do. Died after 12 or so sets. I only did 10 minutes of cardio today. I consider this a failure. Need to find some energy somehow.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
30 minutes post workout, estimated heart rate 150. But the last 5 minutes i pick it up push myself. I have figured the diet changing will cause a good amount of change for my body and that i would just keep the cardio constant at 30 mins

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 28
Rest day. Have had kind of an energy restoring day. I ate extra carbs over the normal amount and I am going to continue tomorrow back to where i was on the diet. Feeling a whole lot more motivated and it looks like i am going to be able to finish out strong. Looking a bit trimmer than where i was when i started the diet. If have results like i have had the last 4 weeks for the next 4 weeks, I will be happy.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
Yeah, you have to push through that hump. You look worse before better, small/depleted and still have a lot of the fat. Most people quit there. You push past that and you start looking great. Keep going, don't give in! Good luck!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Doc (love the Dave Draper quote) and Xink!
Day 29 - Weight 210.5
I have been renewed a bit by the weekend. Had a date with a truly good girl who brought my spirits up. I had a destructively good workout today. Pushed through 5 sets of squats and felt winded upon completion. 30 mins cardio. I am stoked for the next 4 weeks. I think it is funny when you notice a bit of fat loss in an area you wouldn't expect to lose it. I noticed that my armpit to chest area has leaned out a ton! It was kind of a weird thing to notice.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Week 5 Diet -
Calories 2759.5 / Protein 317.65g / Carbohydrates 107.05g / Fat 109.78g

Meal 1
4 egg whites
3 whole eggs
1/2 slice of ezekiel bread
1 tbsp smart balance

Meal 2 Preworkout
2 scoops myofusion
4 ounces skim milk

Meal 3 Postworkout
2 1/4 scoops myofusion
4 ounces skim milk

Meal 4
5 ounces tuna
1/2 slice ezekiel bread
2 tbsp natty peanut butter

Meal 5
6 ounces chicken breast
1/4 cup brown rice
1.5 tbsp smart balance
1/2 cup green beans

Meal 6
5 ounces 96/4 beef
1 tbsp smart balance
2.5 ounces tuna
1/4 cup brown rice

Meal 7
2 scoops muscle milk
1/2 ounce peanuts

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 30 - Weight 210
Chest and tris day. Incline dumbbell chest press, followed by incline hammer press, hammer strength decline press, cable decline flies, tricep push downs, and 2 other tricep exercises. Pounded out the 30 minutes of cardio which was surprisingly easy. Still feeling determined.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 31 - weight 209.5
Back and Bi's. Moved well through my workout. I have been doing abs after cardio every day. I have had a good motivation level. Last night, I slept nine hours! I have been tired and getting out of bed is not very attractive. I can't say that i have been on time to all my classes. But screw that, I will still get A's in them.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 32 - Hammies and Calves
Felt super tired today! I somehow mustered a lot of motivation though and had a great workout and did well on my calc 3 test. Feeling good about weight loss today. Just gotta keep going!

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 33 - Weight 208
Signficant jump in weight on the scale, had to recheck it 3 times. I am definitely feeling empty on glycogen. Did some deadlifts, pull ups, and traps workout today because I couldn't decide what i was going to work. I am doing shoulders and abs with a buddy tomorrow and pretty much all my muscle groups have been hit this week. Smashed through the cardio today. Feeling good

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Day 34 - weight 208
Hit shoulders and abs and did my cardio as usual. I am feeling super roasted today. Don't have me meals made up and i have a bunch of appointments. !!! I will figure out how to make it even macros though. I may just do the 'tuna jig' today. Which means eat tuna like a MF'er.