skin problem

culversguy

Awards
okay so i have been losing weight for awhile now and i have noticed on my belly and sides that there isn't fat anymore just excess skin that stretches now my abs are pretty defined if i push the skin down i can see my six pack so i was wondering what can i do about this excess skin will it just go away on its own or is there anything that i can do. im 17 5' 10'' 170lb 16%bf and was 209 32%bf about a year ago if that helps and if you don't know what im talking about i could take a picture and post it if that would help thanks

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
The consensus on the net is that loose skin is just excess fat that still needs to be lost for the skin to tighten up, being that skin is so thin and usually when people have what they think is loose skin it is too thick to not be fat.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
okay so i have been losing weight for awhile now and i have noticed on my belly and sides that there isn't fat anymore just excess skin that stretches now my abs are pretty defined if i push the skin down i can see my six pack so i was wondering what can i do about this excess skin will it just go away on its own or is there anything that i can do. im 17 5' 10'' 170lb 16%bf and was 209 32%bf about a year ago if that helps and if you don't know what im talking about i could take a picture and post it if that would help thanks
Sometimes it can regress over time. Don't get discouraged, keep doing what you're doing. The younger you are, usually the better the prognosis for osme regression. I would avoid tanning or any excess sun exposure - the uva and uvb destroy and replace some of the collagen and can lead to loss of elasticity.