Critque my cut - I want abs baddd

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.21%

Critque my cut - I want abs baddd

I'm 5'9" 182 and 20 percent bodyfat, trying to get down to 8-10 percent bodyfat at around 160. Heres my diet and workout

Im not taking any supps other than protien and green tea extract.

Meal 1 - 2 scoops nitro core protien with water

40 Min cardio

Meal 2 - 10 eggs (whites only), one low fat string cheese, one whole cucumber

Meal 3 - 2 cans tuna, one low fat string cheese, one whole cucumber

Meal 4 - 1 large chicken breast, one whole cucumber, 5 almonds

Work out

Meal 5 - 2 scoops nitro core

Meal 6 - 2 scoops nitrocore

The cals workout to around 2100, and 280 grams of protien, and 90 grams of carbs

Now here is my workout

Day 1
    40 Min cardio after meal one, chest and tris
    hit everything pretty much 4 sets for 8 and trying to go heavy as possible
    20-30 min cardio after workout

Day 2
    40 miin cardio after meal one, back and bis
    4 x 8 - heavy as possible
    20-30 min cardio after work out

Day 3
    40 min cardio after meal one

Day 4
    Shoulders and legs

Day 5
    Bi's and tris
    4 x 8 heavy as possible

Day 6

Day 7

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.21%

bump
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

Hi dedication.

I would try to do your cardio in a fasted state so I'd dump the shake that you take before you do it & have it after.

I would also get rid of the string cheese. It is crap. Use another type of fat that is all fat and no carbs. Almonds are great, olive oil, natural peanut butter etc.

I would not eat two cans of tuna at one time if they are 5-6 ounce cans. One is plenty of protein for your target weight.

I would cut your 10 egg whites down to 6. If you use large eggs you are getting approx. 90 grams of protein when you eat 10 based upon most nutritional calculators using the average info on large eggs. 6 egg whites will give you roughly 36 grams of protein based upon most nutritional calculators using the average info on large eggs.

When you say "1 large chicken breast" if you mean both "boobs" so the peice that you are eating looks like a "heart shaped" piece of chicken then I would eat only 1 side or 1 "boob" at a time. That is also plenty of protein for a feeding for your target weight. You only need 4-6 ounces of chicken to get a good amount of protein.

Keeping to 30-40 grams of protein per feeding is all you need. Why eat more calories of protein that you really need when you are only going to have to burn it off in the end. Try to eat as many real food meals as you can since eating real food is more thermogenic.

As far as your workouts go, your cardio seems good but you may need to bump it up to 30-45 minutes if fat loss slows or you can try HIIT - High-intensity interval training for 15-20 minutes.

I cannot tell by how you wrote this up but I would try to weight train for approx 20-40 minutes depending on the muscle group/s that you have that day. I say this because you need to train your muscles with enough reps and sets to cause trauma so they can grow.

Muscle is the key to fat loss not just because maintaining that muscle takes a lot of energy for your body but also because when you train properly, eat properly, & rest properly, your body will burn on average of 700+ calories in 72hours following a workout just trying to recover and rebuild the muscle you broke down.

While cardio burns more calories on average during the time you perform it versus the calories you burn during a weight training session, the moment that you stop your cardio session your body notices the amount of energy just used during that cardio session so it "adjusts itself" to conserve energy so your metabolism slows down. (This is why HIIT is so popular now. HIIT is said not to create this "signal" to adjust but to have the same continuous fat burning effect that weight training has although it may not be as high as weight training.

I hope this helps by giving you one way to get to your goal.

peace!
    Rike
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.21%

Quote Originally Posted by Rike View Post
    Hi dedication.

I would try to do your cardio in a fasted state so I'd dump the shake that you take before you do it & have it after.

I would also get rid of the string cheese. It is crap. Use another type of fat that is all fat and no carbs. Almonds are great, olive oil, natural peanut butter etc.

I would not eat two cans of tuna at one time if they are 5-6 ounce cans. One is plenty of protein for your target weight.

I would cut your 10 egg whites down to 6. If you use large eggs you are getting approx. 90 grams of protein when you eat 10 based upon most nutritional calculators using the average info on large eggs. 6 egg whites will give you roughly 36 grams of protein based upon most nutritional calculators using the average info on large eggs.

When you say "1 large chicken breast" if you mean both "boobs" so the peice that you are eating looks like a "heart shaped" piece of chicken then I would eat only 1 side or 1 "boob" at a time. That is also plenty of protein for a feeding for your target weight. You only need 4-6 ounces of chicken to get a good amount of protein.

Keeping to 30-40 grams of protein per feeding is all you need. Why eat more calories of protein that you really need when you are only going to have to burn it off in the end. Try to eat as many real food meals as you can since eating real food is more thermogenic.

As far as your workouts go, your cardio seems good but you may need to bump it up to 30-45 minutes if fat loss slows or you can try HIIT - High-intensity interval training for 15-20 minutes.

I cannot tell by how you wrote this up but I would try to weight train for approx 20-40 minutes depending on the muscle group/s that you have that day. I say this because you need to train your muscles with enough reps and sets to cause trauma so they can grow.

Muscle is the key to fat loss not just because maintaining that muscle takes a lot of energy for your body but also because when you train properly, eat properly, & rest properly, your body will burn on average of 700+ calories in 72hours following a workout just trying to recover and rebuild the muscle you broke down.

While cardio burns more calories on average during the time you perform it versus the calories you burn during a weight training session, the moment that you stop your cardio session your body notices the amount of energy just used during that cardio session so it "adjusts itself" to conserve energy so your metabolism slows down. (This is why HIIT is so popular now. HIIT is said not to create this "signal" to adjust but to have the same continuous fat burning effect that weight training has although it may not be as high as weight training.

peace!
    Rike

Thanks for the tips Rike. Question on the cardio. I'm gonna skip the cardio after weights and just keep the one in the morning. But I've heard so many bad stories of burning more muscle on an empty stomach, any truth to that? Also, I've tried HIIT, but since ive just started doin cardio last month, my cardiovascular state is in really bad condition and I almost fell over and died the one day I tried HIIT. Any recc's?

Thanks in advance.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

dedication,
    you are welcome for the help.

You can skip that second cardio session after weight training but it only means your fat loss will come much slower. If you see poor results or the fat loss is too slow then do cardio after some of your easier muscle groups.

I think it is true that you can burn some muscle doing cardio in a fasted state but I do not think at your current status that you have to worry about that. You could drink or take some BCAA pre cardio but I do not think you are going to hamper your muscle growth right now if you toss out the shake. If anything take only one scoop pre cardio. You need to optimize the fact that in a fasted state you have no "energy" immediately available to your body so your body will look to your stored fat to get that energy.

Lastly, I agree with you, if you are not ready for HIIT then definitely just stick to longer less stressful cardio for the time being. It is better than skipping it all together.

I just want to say that nothing I recommend to you is etched in stone. I think we all need some good guidance when it comes to things we do in the gym but eventually we all need to find out what works best for us individually to get results.

good luck!

Rike
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.63%

Quote Originally Posted by dedication View Post
    I'm 5'9" 182 and 20 percent bodyfat, trying to get down to 8-10 percent bodyfat at around 160. Heres my diet and workout

Im not taking any supps other than protien and green tea extract.

Meal 1 - 2 scoops nitro core protien with water

40 Min cardio

Meal 2 - 10 eggs (whites only), one low fat string cheese, one whole cucumber

Meal 3 - 2 cans tuna, one low fat string cheese, one whole cucumber

Meal 4 - 1 large chicken breast, one whole cucumber, 5 almonds

Work out

Meal 5 - 2 scoops nitro core

Meal 6 - 2 scoops nitrocore

The cals workout to around 2100, and 280 grams of protien, and 90 grams of carbs

Now here is my workout

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4
    Shoulders and legs

Day 5
    Bi's and tris
    4 x 8 heavy as possible

Day 6

Day 7
    One thing that has helped me is documenting my meals--recording macros and total calories for each meal. A log like this is pretty informative. I make sure I get 1 g of protein per lean body mass lb and then I adjust total calories to lose fat. When fat loss slows I bulk then I go back on a cut diet. This has been working for me.

HP
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Heavy is right about switching it up as your metabolism adapts to your caloric intake. Also, play with your macro ratios, specifically your C and F. Try to do high P/F days and then after 3-5 days do a carb refeed in the evening after your last meal. Watch your water intake before and after the meal. This helps reset your metabolism and restores glycogen stores. Remember, low carb is great but your brain needs carbs so don't go very low on carbs for too long; plus, it typically helps keep the fat loss going and helps with recovery.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Heavy is right about switching it up as your metabolism adapts to your caloric intake. Also, play with your macro ratios, specifically your C and F. Try to do high P/F days and then after 3-5 days do a carb re-feed in the evening after your last meal. Watch your water intake before and after the meal. This helps reset your metabolism and restores glycogen stores. Remember, low carb is great but your brain needs carbs so don't go very low on carbs for too long; plus, it typically helps keep the fat loss going and helps with recovery.
    This is great info except the "your brain needs carbs" line. That is false and typical mainstream BS. The only reason why you should increase carbs for a feeding or two is to stimulate your thyroid to increase T3 input to keep your metabolism high. Our brains will get sufficient nutrients/energy from the break down of some of our non carb sources to glucose ( Gluconeogenesis )which is why most low carb diets require us to eat higher protein meals than many other diets.

I don't usually like to point to such generic sources but read this if you do not believe me....

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/b/2008...dont-worry.htm

peace,

Rike
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.63%

Personally I am trying to avoid extreme diets as I am just at the start of fat loss and muscle gain. I adjust my diet so I lose weight at a healthy pace with the hope that once at my target weight and look then I can move easily to maintence eating. I have played with macros including lowering carbs but for starters I found just getting my total calories in check and excersizing to be enough. I guess if I get stuck and I need to lose that last 5-10 lbs of fat on my belly I would be willing to try a keto diet. I look at that as a more advanced technique for recomposition.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

Very good and I understand. Good luck my man!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.3%

Great Advice guys I will use it also. Thanks a alot.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Rike View Post
    Hi dedication.

peace!
    Rike
    Good advice minus the bolded. Are you aware that an egg white has about half the protein that is in a whole egg? So 10 egg whites definitely does not provide 90 g protein.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

Quote Originally Posted by rippedX View Post
    Good advice minus the bolded. Are you aware that an egg white has about half the protein that is in a whole egg? So 10 egg whites definitely does not provide 90 g protein.
    Actually, NO!

Most nutrition calculators for JUST 10 Egg whites amounts to 90 grams of protein. I took into account the lack of yolk when i posted my reply but thank you anyway for trying to correct my math.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

Quote Originally Posted by heavypieces View Post
    Personally I am trying to avoid extreme diets as I am just at the start of fat loss and muscle gain. I adjust my diet so I lose weight at a healthy pace with the hope that once at my target weight and look then I can move easily to maintence eating. I have played with macros including lowering carbs but for starters I found just getting my total calories in check and excersizing to be enough. I guess if I get stuck and I need to lose that last 5-10 lbs of fat on my belly I would be willing to try a keto diet. I look at that as a more advanced technique for recomposition.
    Dude, you said you wanted abs "badd". If you ***** foot with your diet you will not get ripped.99% of all people who work out do not push the envelope which is why they stay the same. It takes radical change to get abs or muscle which is why those of us who work hard stand out. If it just took "wanting" abs and big muscles then everyone would have them and no one would stand out in a crowd. You sound like a guy who wants to make a lot of money but does not want to work a lot of hours. It will not work.

Stay smooth!!!

Rike
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.17%

An extra large egg (56g)with the yolk only has 7g of protein, and a standard (56g) serving of egg whites has 6g of protein, so the 36g for six whites is right, but the 90g for 10 is overstated. Maybe just a typo ?

Anyway, good luck.
  16. On a Mission!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.67%

Quote Originally Posted by dedication View Post
    Now here is my workout

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4
    Shoulders and legs

Day 5
    Bi's and tris
    4 x 8 heavy as possible

Day 6

Day 7
    Sorry, I donít like your workout ... You'd be better off implementing HST type training (i.e., lighting up on the volume per WO, and increasing frequency of each WO). Keep the cardio though ... obviously.

If you have the time, I'd do my cardio in the AM and WO in the PM (2on/1off); working each muscle group twice a week (remember low volume). Utilizing a HST type WO, along with cardio, would definitely help your BF loss along a little faster. Full body WOs, for example, might work well also - 2on/1off of course.

Look into it,
    Sprt
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.17%

Quote Originally Posted by SprtNvolcoM View Post
    Sorry, I donít like your workout ... You'd be better off implementing HST type training (i.e., lighting up on the volume per WO, and increasing frequency of each WO). Keep the cardio though ... obviously.

If you have the time, I'd do my cardio in the AM and WO in the PM (2on/1off); working each muscle group twice a week (remember low volume). Utilizing a HST type WO, along with cardio, would definitely help your BF loss along a little faster. Full body WOs, for example, might work well also - 2on/1off of course.

Look into it,
    Sprt
    that does seem pretty good looking on paper
  18. On a Mission!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.67%

Quote Originally Posted by zb126 View Post
    that does seem pretty good looking on paper
    It worked well for me ... in real life.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PLZ critque my first cycle...