ECA stack ?

culversguy

Awards
So im looking for somthing to help me in my cut and I hear alot of talk about ECA stack and i was just wonder does it work well and would i lose alot of muscle if i took this and are there any harsh side affects from it

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
I'm on a cycle right now. I'm on day 14 and so far I've lost about 8lbs (although I haven't weighed myself in 4 days, perhaps it's more now), plus I haven't seen any real decline in my weight training.

You can't really tell though exactly how much or little muscle you could lose, as even when you try to gain there are days when you can get an extra few reps in at the same weight in all of your sets, depending on when you last meal was, what your meal was, how many hours you slept the previous night etc.

I think a slight decrease in strength should be expected. As far as side-effects are concerned, for the first week to 10 days, I was having pretty intense nightmares, but that's pretty much it, I haven't noticed anything else, although when I finish my cycle in 2 more weeks, I want to get some standard blood-work and tests done, just to be on the safe side.

Your appetite will depend heavily on your diet. Right now I'm going for low-carb, high-protein, medium fat diet.

On my weight days I will have around 100grams of carbs (all of which are from brown bread/rice/pasta) and on my cardio days I try to have less than 50grams. But that's been progressive. To start with for the first week I would recommend for you have 200grams of carbs on your weight days and 150grams on your cardio days (depending on how you are planning your program) and slowly decrease it as you go along.

Good luck, hope I've been of some help.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I think the muscle loss is a function of your diet and not so much the supplements. If you lose weight very fast it tends to be more muscle than if you lose weight more slowly.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont know how true it is but I remember reading if you loose more then 1-1.5lbs a week you are loosing muscle. Healthy fat loss is that 1-1.5lbs a week goal. That is where you should shoot for

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
So im looking for somthing to help me in my cut and I hear alot of talk about ECA stack and i was just wonder does it work well and would i lose alot of muscle if i took this and are there any harsh side affects from it
dont know how true it is but I remember reading if you loose more then 1-1.5lbs a week you are loosing muscle. Healthy fat loss is that 1-1.5lbs a week goal. That is where you should shoot for
Yeah it is hard to make an iron clad rule but most studies suggest a maximum of 0.25-0.5% bf per week, tapering off as you get down to the lower bf%. The 0.5% is near impossible as it requires a flawless diet and training at the very least.

Assuming you are over 10% bf and can lose ~0.25%, if you weigh 172 then you can really only lose 1/2 lb. fat per week. That being said, if you are ~18% bf (for example) you only have 31 lbs. fat on your body and only need to lose ~14 lbs. to get below 10%.

Gauging progress on a cut is hard because the scale is a big liar. For example, on a carb restriction diet you will see a significant drop in water weight. Within a weeks time the scale will show several lbs. lighter but this obviously isn't fat but it isn't muscle either. You want to go by the mirror and not the scale.

Expect to see a drastic drop in the scale in the first week or two due to water weight and then a more gradual decline. Remember, diet is the key to cutting not supplements. The ECA stack will minimally increase metabolism but mostly curbs appetite. The biggest side is increase BP to my knowledge. What is your diet plan?