Need to lose 10-20 pounds of fat?

buckz55

Awards
I weigh about 195 pounds right now
20-21% body fat
around 2 years weight lifting on and off

..... I want to get back down to the 170's but would like to keep a good amount of lean muscle mass too ....

How can I do this in 4-6 weeks ?

Is there a diet that i can do to reach this goal ? I am willing to do the toughest diet out there to get me started..... my diet so far over the past couple years hasn't been horrible but it hasn't been great either

any tips would be appreciated

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Carb cycling or the Anabolic diet could work and a lot of people like a keto diet. Do a search and you will find lots of information regarding these diets.

20lbs in 4-6 weeks probably isn't going to happen or not without some muscle loss but should be possible in 8-10 weeks if you stick to the diet and have a good training schedule. A loss of 2lbs per week is really the max you want and it is always best to lose weight fairly slowly as this will reduce muscle loss.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
20 pounds in 4-6 is very very hard without some kind of fat loss agent, or hormonal agent. both I dont recommend cause It doesn't seem like you have the experience or make either one useful.
you want to train hard. Cardio, cardio cardio and than more cardio. I dont recommend steady state all that much do to extensive steady state actually lowers test levels, and metabolism. Get HIIT cardio in atleast 4-5 times a week. That along with a low carb , mod fat high protien diet and fast paced high and heavy rep weight training can produce some good results. Important thing is to stick with it. best thing you can do is stop eating too close to bed time, stay hydrated and have small meals throughout the day consisting of some protien and some carbs. Pay attention to post w/o nutrion also, Building muscle during a fat loss phase is great. I rather be 180 with more LBM than 170 to just say i'm 170. But thats me personally.

sonicwaste

Awards
At your body weight/bodyfat, 2lbs per week isn't out of the question. As you get leaner, it still isn't out of the question. But 10-20lbs of fat is a journey of variables and precision.

There are many ways to get there. What it takes is A) desire B) diet C) training D) supplementation.

You can get there.

orangerain

Awards
I don't think it's healthy to lose 25 pounds in a month's time since, as mentioned by others, it is advisable to lose only 2 pounds per week. So, you have to take your time doing cardio to lose the pounds and weight train to keep yourself lean. Add a healthy diet as well and you're on your way.