CKD Carb Up

1. Registered User
    Answers

CKD Carb Up

Greetings! I am familiar with keto and low carb dieting and have used them continually with success, but after doing some reading I have decided on trying CKD. My question is about when to add a 'carb up' into my current routine?

I currently lift Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri with a rest/pause type program. I also do 30 minutes cardio on Mon, Wed, & Fri doing bike hill climbs. All my cardio and lifts are early AM, prior to work, and my weekends are very limited in time.

I understand that the general plan is to 'carb up' after a depletion work out on Friday and then continue through Sat. evening and start keto/exercise on Sun., but that does not sit with my current routine well.

Would it be all right to start my 'carb up' on Sat. evening with High carbs and then run Sun. with low GI carbs and hit my normal routine on Mon or should I carb up during the week instead? I realize the 'carb up' on plan 'A' would be some 36 hours post Friday's workout, but I'm hoping it will still work as I will still be carb depleted.

If stats are a consideration I am currently 240lbs at around 9.5% bf consuming around 17g net carbs daily(Not including 15g dextrose PWO shake), 300g prot., and just under maint calories.

Thanks!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tahq
    Greetings! I am familiar with keto and low carb dieting and have used them continually with success, but after doing some reading I have decided on trying CKD. My question is about when to add a 'carb up' into my current routine?

I currently lift Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri with a rest/pause type program. I also do 30 minutes cardio on Mon, Wed, & Fri doing bike hill climbs. All my cardio and lifts are early AM, prior to work, and my weekends are very limited in time.

I understand that the general plan is to 'carb up' after a depletion work out on Friday and then continue through Sat. evening and start keto/exercise on Sun., but that does not sit with my current routine well.

Would it be all right to start my 'carb up' on Sat. evening with High carbs and then run Sun. with low GI carbs and hit my normal routine on Mon or should I carb up during the week instead? I realize the 'carb up' on plan 'A' would be some 36 hours post Friday's workout, but I'm hoping it will still work as I will still be carb depleted.

If stats are a consideration I am currently 240lbs at around 9.5% bf consuming around 17g net carbs daily(Not including 15g dextrose PWO shake), 300g prot., and just under maint calories.

Thanks!

Short answer, go over to c-k-d.com

Alot of people (myself included) don't do the depletion workout. Sounds like we are on the same routine, dogg crapp training and HIIT cardio on the off days. I find that I am so depleted by the last day, I have no need for the depletion workout. Just fit it in.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please critique my CKD carb up again
    By pitching101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
  2. Please critique my CKD carb up again
    By pitching101 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 11:29 AM
  3. Please critique my CKD carb up
    By pitching101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM
  4. ckd carb up ?
    By bigdognhb in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 02:03 PM
  5. Why so many carbs required during CKD carb-up?
    By SuppKnight in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 04:57 PM