Abdominal Diet PLZ!

1. Registered User
    Answers

Abdominal Diet PLZ!

I need a Diet to get my Abs back. I am asking for specific diets and foods to eat(such as fruits and veggies). Ill do anything. I have a body fat % of 22. I also work out for a hour and 30 mins a day.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

You really need to do your research, then come here with a diet YOU made and we can help you from there... that is what this site is about, help you help yourself.. NOT doing things for you..
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry.. Its hard to find those specific diets and workouts without websites charging you a "Fanstastic PRICE of $39.99".
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Not really, the thing is you have to find what works for you.. I would suggest you start with a diet that is 40P-40C-20F with the fats being good fats. Watch your calories. Just give it a stab and see what you can do with that and bring it back here and we will give you some suggestions.. it is better to know how to do things yourself then having to pay someone... Now with that said, if you still feel like you can't do it yourself, I would suggest you talk to IA, his email address is in my signature and his website is www.ironaddicts.com very knowledgable guy and it will give you someone that WILL hold you accountable for your diet and training..
  5. Far Beyond Driven
    Answers

Never heard of an "abdominal diet." Do everyone a favor: READ!
  6. Jag
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLabRat
    I need a Diet to get my Abs back. I am asking for specific diets and foods to eat(such as fruits and veggies). Ill do anything. I have a body fat % of 22. I also work out for a hour and 30 mins a day.
    if you're trying to get abs then don't look at fruit as being part of your diet.

stick to lean proteins, healthy fats & work your carbs in around the time you work out. this is important unless you like the feeling of almost passing out.

maybe look into getting an appetite suppressant, a fat burner & some digestive enzymes.

eat when you're hungry and ONLY till your comfortable. i found always being a little bit hungry helped.

if you're working out 90 minutes a day then make 30 of those minutes a cardio session. start slow and increase intensity. if you're not active then try and have a few low intensity cardio sessions a day. maybe a couple of long walks.

reward yourself every 4 or 5 days with 1 or 2 cheat meals (early in the day) it's amazing how this can make you feel mentally & physically. i found this easier to say "no" to a craving when i know a cheat meal or 2 is only a day or so away & once you've had it you don't feel like one again for a while. when there is no end in sight to hunger it can be very daunting and easier to break the diet and to say "to hell with it"

again this is what has helped me in the past. i've had a hell of a time getting & keeping abs.

keep positive. stressing out causes all sorts of fat accumulating hormones to rev up & DON'T compare yourself to anyone else. just plug away & keep to your game plan. the results will happen, trust me.

Jag
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jag
    if you're trying to get abs then don't look at fruit as being part of your diet.

stick to lean proteins, healthy fats & work your carbs in around the time you work out. this is important unless you like the feeling of almost passing out.

maybe look into getting an appetite suppressant, a fat burner & some digestive enzymes.

eat when you're hungry and ONLY till your comfortable. i found always being a little bit hungry helped.

if you're working out 90 minutes a day then make 30 of those minutes a cardio session. start slow and increase intensity. if you're not active then try and have a few low intensity cardio sessions a day. maybe a couple of long walks.

reward yourself every 4 or 5 days with 1 or 2 cheat meals (early in the day) it's amazing how this can make you feel mentally & physically. i found this easier to say "no" to a craving when i know a cheat meal or 2 is only a day or so away & once you've had it you don't feel like one again for a while. when there is no end in sight to hunger it can be very daunting and easier to break the diet and to say "to hell with it"

again this is what has helped me in the past. i've had a hell of a time getting & keeping abs.

keep positive. stressing out causes all sorts of fat accumulating hormones to rev up & DON'T compare yourself to anyone else. just plug away & keep to your game plan. the results will happen, trust me.

Jag
    Although I agree with most of this, I do not agree with getting an appetite suppressant. You want to eat often, like every 2-3 hours. Try eating 5-7 small meals each day with proteins/carbs or proteins and good fats. Avoid meals with carbs and fats together. This will fuel your fire and burn the calories much more efficiently. Suppressing your appetite will only cause you to store calories as fat, and will cause you to go into a catabolic state, which normaly is what you would want to avoid.

Cut your sugar intake, such as sodas and candy. Drink diet sodas, green tea, etc. Look into taking some Chromium Picolinate. This helps reduce your cravings for carbs and sweet foods. It will take 6-8 weeks for it to kick in. Worked like a charm for me.

Make sure the carbs you do consume are good complex carbs such as, oatmeal, whole weat bread, yams, fresh veggies, etc. Make your calories count. Avoid empty calories.

You need to find out what your intake of calories needs to be at in order to shed fat. There are plenty of sites on the net where you can find the calculators to research this. As much as it pains me to say, bb.com has some good info on diets in their article section, along with calculators, and nutritional info. There is also plenty of info on this board to find others diets that you can use as a guide and adjust to your specific needs. Keep a log of what you eat during the day. This will assist you with keeping track of your calories.

After you have done some research, and you come up with a diet, post it here and let the others critique it. They will give you their input on where you need to cut or add things.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.
  8. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I don't agree with the "no fruit" idea.. I eat 3 cups pineapple, 2 oranges, and 5 bananas a day while cutting, I have to or I'll snipe people from office buildings..

It's all in how your body metabolizes them.. I mean, horse **** could become a popular anabolic, don't mean I'll be munchin' on road apples after a parade, that's for damn sure!

Simple rule I go by: Calories in should be less than calories out.. Eat clean calories, lean meats and poultry, plenty of green veggies, and complex carbs from whole grains, nothing enriched.. You'd be amazed at the **** I get from some who know I eat sweet potato while cutting..
    Last edited by bigpetefox; 03-06-2004 at 10:17 AM. Reason: I should at least sound like I know something! LoL
  9. Registered User
    Answers

I found what works very well for me is to make all your meals for the day beforehand, and eat based on the clock. I've gotten used to eating every 3 hours or so, and having premade meal portions eliminates any chance of overeating. I recommend anyone to give this a shot, it ensures that you are getting adequate protein to help hang onto lean muscle tissue, while at the same time also avoiding excess hunger as you are eating every 3 hours.
  10. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I eat every 1-2 hours, so I tend to eat more meals a day(8-10) than most do..
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Myabe you can eat your fruits post workout. You get to replenish your body and they contain enzymes that help with digestion (bromelain).
  12. Registered User
    Answers

If you can handle it and wanna lose weight fast try Fat Fast. I did it for 3 weeks went from 247 to 223. arm measurements stayed the same and if i lost any muscle I sure could not tell. My friend lasted 2 weeks lost 14 pounds. I will say 8-10 pounds was water weight since 2 weeks after it ended I went to 227. Its hell though and may not be very healthy for u. Basically I got ate or actually drank 30 grams protein powder and 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil 5-6 times a day along with 3 servings metamucil. Took stacker2, 10 fish oil caps, multi-vitamin, and used nueroformula off ruggedmag bought ingrediants from BAC preworkout. Oh and drank a lot of water.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

One thing to know before you start is that you can't spot reduce. In other words you can't just lose the fat that covers you're ab's. You will lose fat from other areas before you notice it going away from you're stomach so don't get discouraged if it takes a while to see that belly dissapearing.

To lose fat the idea is to eat less calories than you would use, and to eat clean. To figure out how many calories you need to eat a day to lose weight you can use the simple forumla of -

16x(your body weight)

This will be roughly the amount of calories you need a day to maintain your weight. To lose fat at a steady rate subtract 500 calories from the number you got from the formula.

Example-

I weigh 198lbs
    16x198 = 3168
    3168 - 500 = 2668

So I need to consume roughly 2600-2700 calories a day to lose fat steadly.
    Note that there are other more advanced formulas to use which may be more accurate which you could find out on the net. This is just a simple one as I cbf.

And as said in the above posts, eating more smaller meals often(6-7 meals a day) is better than 3 larger meals a day. This is because eating raises your metabolism so your body uses the food faster.

It has already been suggested on the splits that you could use for your foods.
    Just really try to eat protien enriched foods, eat more complex carbs and less sugars(this means goodbye soda's & candy) and consume good fats. Saturated and Trans Fatty fats are bad and Monounsaturated, Polyunsaturated and Omega 3 are good.

But diets do depend on the person and how well your body reacts to the diet so it is a constant experiment. One thing to remember is that you need to keep updating how many calories you need a day as as you lose weight the number will change.

There, thats a little bit of basic run down - research is the key to learning about how to go about dieting and its much better to learn for yourself than have others making up a diet for you. So go out and read up and put what you learn into action.

Hope this helps
  14. Jag
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    I don't agree with the "no fruit" idea.. I eat 3 cups pineapple, 2 oranges, and 5 bananas a day while cutting, I have to or I'll snipe people from office buildings..

It's all in how your body metabolizes them.. I mean, horse **** could become a popular anabolic, don't mean I'll be munchin' on road apples after a parade, that's for damn sure!

Simple rule I go by: Calories in should be less than calories out.. Eat clean calories, lean meats and poultry, plenty of green veggies, and complex carbs from whole grains, nothing enriched.. You'd be amazed at the **** I get from some who know I eat sweet potato while cutting..
    Big Pete & Cuffs,

don't know if you guys have been around the 25-30% bf or not (Pete i'd say you haven't. i've seen your pics. ) but there is absolutely NO WAY i could get bodyfat down by eating the fruit you mentioned.

i'm an endo/meso bodytype. i grow big quick but have a helluva time keeping my waist/bodyfat down. quitting smoking and age creeping up hasn't helped either.

i love fruit but i can't even get away with eating it post w/o. tried that so i envy you.
    i have whey, egg whites, oats & honey in water (my mandatory p/w shake) but found the best time for me to have this is 60-90 minutes after my work out is done.
    before this time i get extremely bloated. i experimented with this as everyone says they have their post w/o shakes within 30 minutes, which i did religiously & just got fatter.

2 or 3 other meals are either protein/carb meals (early in the day) and small protein/fat meals (later)
    i to also have the occasional sweet potato with my meal AFTER the post w/o shake this i can get away with.

Cuffs i might give the chromium a try. heard good & bad things about it but never tried it. i/ve tried r-ala & regular ala with no real benefits to justify buying it again.

controlling insulin resistance is my biggest task and i'm thinking TheLabRat may be having a similiar problem. just trying to read between the lines i suppose

anyway, good thread so far.

Jag
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Last August I was around 23-25% bf. I am at 14.5% right now. I had a 6 year lay-off from working out. Was just F'ing lazy. I can gain weight very easily. I believe you need some sort of fruits in your diet. Apples are very good if eaten with a chicken breast, low GI. If you eat bananas, eat the slightly green ones, they have also have a lower GI. I was also eating one cup of pineapple p/w. A balance of foods is necessary, as long as it is in moderation, and time of consumption is in order. As far as Pete goes, most rules don't apply to him...He's a freak! LOL!

I have been taking the Chromium since Sept. and have no cravings for the sweets or carbs now. I attribute this to the Chromium and will-power. I also take green tea extract, and guggulbolic extreme. Sugar was the real kicker for me losing my weight, along with eating more frequently, and watching my carbs. As of October 15th, I have lost 30 lbs of weight, and in the area of 10% bf. Currently I'm doing a 4-6 week clean bulk, and have gained 8 lbs in the last 10 days, from 206lbs to 214lbs.

I know it's very tough, and frustrating at times. I still hate the scale, even though I know not to judge by that. My motivation is the mirror (I am beginning to see my abs for the first time in 14 years), fit of clothes, and the many compliments I have been receiving. Heads in the gym are starting to turn to me, and at times, I'm the big dawg in there. My beginning goal was to get my bf to 13% by summer. My goal now is to get to 10% bf by this summer, and into the single digits by next summer. My reward when I hit the 10% mark is to get my PT certificate and begin training part-time at the gym I belong to.

The key to this whole deal is to make this a complete lifestyle change. When I decided to begin training again, I went into it full bore. I am now addicted to it.

I know this response got a little off topic, but I felt like I needed to share my experience, and stress that body change isn't going to happen overnight. That one needs short-term and long-term goals. And to stay focused/motivated. That is where belonging to a community such as this helps me.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Sounds like you have been doing so awesome work Cuffs.. I respect the hell out of that...
  17. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    I eat every 1-2 hours, so I tend to eat more meals a day(8-10) than most do..
    What do each your meals look like at such frequency?
  18. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago
    What do each your meals look like at such frequency?
    Usually, every other meal is 6-8oz lean beef with 50g sweet potato, all others usually contain chicken, turkey, green veggies, pineapple, whey mixed in rice milk, PWO shake is whey isolate (ATW), dextrose, and creatine..

The foundation of my eating is steak and sweet potato, the main ones that I feel fullness after eating..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. tips on my diet plz
    By kreature in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 05:23 AM
  2. LAST MINUTE KETO DIET QUESTIONS, just a little help plz
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
  3. My new stack and diet plz help
    By Stallion83 in forum Supplements