Using just T4...

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.25%

Using just T4...

Any one used just T4 to lose weight? Does it do anything? And if so what dosage did you see results at...

Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.5%

Are you sure your not thinking T3, That get's used for weight loss. I have not seen anybody use T4 for this, I could be wrong thought.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.37%

the body converts t4-t3 from iodine and tyrosine we get from food. I'm no expert but this article may give you more direction. Every on will tell to research before using this stuff. i'll go a step further to say dial in a nutrition plan specific to your goals. Last but not least,(dosage of anything food ect) you will get better results the more you are intune with your body. hope this helps
    cndsinfo.net/publications/m2-thyroiddisease.pdf
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.37%

dont have 50 post yet. add (www) to link of the above post and you will find a pdf
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.25%

thanks for the link

if anyone has used t4, let me know!!

thanks
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.21%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I actually tend to gain a little weight on T4, but have only used the 50-75mcg range, which is not that much. Probably made my thyroid levels worse...
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

never use thyroid drugs w/o steroids, you will lose lots of muscle along w/ the fat
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.37%

Like said before T4 converts to T3. I'm comin off a T3/clen cycle which I did not change my diet, ate what I wanted, I lost round 5-8lbs. I wasn't to worried bout loosing some muscle so I didn't run any AAS with it. If u go that route keep ur protien high and u should be ok. Muscle loss was minimal with me. If I was u I would go straight to the T3 jst be careful. It is a powerful hormone.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.25%

hmm... just had easy access to various doses of t4 so decided to try it. ramped up from 25 to 100mcg, which I've been on for 3 weeks. seen pretty much no difference in terms of weight gain or loss and I'm a bit apprehensive about increasing dosage again at the moment.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.29%

With T4 you need to get up into the range of about 150-200mcg depending on your size. 100mcg would work with T3 but T4 needs to be dosed higher. I use T3 on cycle to help me stay somewhat lean and increase my appetite. Make sure that when you come down you do it slowly or you run the risk of shutting down your thyroid and screwing up your metabolism. I wouldn't run it for more than 3 weeks either. Be careful, thyroid hormones can mess you up when run too high or for too long without coming down slowly enough. Good luck.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblondekid View Post
    With T4 you need to get up into the range of about 150-200mcg depending on your size. 100mcg would work with T3 but T4 needs to be dosed higher. I use T3 on cycle to help me stay somewhat lean and increase my appetite. Make sure that when you come down you do it slowly or you run the risk of shutting down your thyroid and screwing up your metabolism. I wouldn't run it for more than 3 weeks either. Be careful, thyroid hormones can mess you up when run too high or for too long without coming down slowly enough. Good luck.
    thanks.

don't quite feel comfortable going as high as 200mcg yet, been on 100mcg and got a bit worried every time I felt a little funny (thinking it could be cardiac thing)

I assume with doses like 150 or 200 I'm better off splitting it during the day rather than at once? Probably 3x50mcg or 4x50mcg?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.93%

I am very confused on why you want to use T4 and not T3... T3 is much stronger and usually less expensive. I would recommend you do a lot more research on the two so you can make your own educate decision and know what you are getting into. Good luck!
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.25%

^ as I said before, more than anything else its because I have easy access to a range of doses of T4. Procuring T3 will be a little more tricky
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.37%

Thanks Cody for the for the reps. Can't send PM's yet need 2 more post lol.