Looking for my 6 pack......

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Looking for my 6 pack......

Well I have been working out now for 3 years. I have bulked from 165 up to 218 over the last few years. Well I have never in my life had a 6 pack and that is my new goal. I am seriously considering a Test E cycle this winter and would like to start out as lean as possible. In March of this year I was over 215 post Havoc cycle. Currently down to 195 with increased cardio and playing with carbs a bit. So now the plan is CKD and ECA to help me find that 6 pack. I really dont wanna get below 190, but I guess we will see what happens. Pics to follow...Any advice and any criticism is welcome and appreciated...

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

something that has been getting me closer to that is doing a combination of DC training, along with doing carb + calorie cycling. so following DC training which is EOD, on workout days i'm taking in around 3000-3500 cals probably around 45 pro/45 carb/10 fat with no carbs after 5pm, then on off days taking in around 2000 cals as more like 40 pro/20 carb/30 fat, and try to have no "primary" carb food sources after 12pm.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/10/2009

Workout---None, total rest day at the firehouse

Diet--- Calories 2203 (Protein 39%, Carb 19%, Fat 42%)

Notes--- Boring ass day at the firehouse today, nothing going on and at a different than normal station that has NO equipment...
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/11/2009-----Officially Day One of CKD plan

Morning Weight 194.4

Workout-- Superset Chest and Back together plus abs and 10 min on bike...Great workout felt strong on everything...Worked on house all day and then did 1.5 mile walk with the Mrs......

ECA x 2 today

Intake-- Total Calories 1536
    Protein-77% Carbs-4% Fat-19%
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/12/2009

Morning Weight-191

Diet-- 1552 calories
    Protein 55%---Carb 10%---Fat 35%

ECA x 2

On duty at the fire house again today and too busy with work stuff to get in the weight room. Off the next few days to hit the gym hard.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Well I end of day 2 and I just Ketosticked my piss and I am at 15mg/dl....Atleast I know I am starting to enter ketosis
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

seeing keto sticks or not isn't much guarantee of being in ketosis. if you are in ketosis but burning all the ketones created then very little will be going out in urine. so if it shows any at all you are probably good.

on a keto bulk they are valuable
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    seeing keto sticks or not isn't much guarantee of being in ketosis. if you are in ketosis but burning all the ketones created then very little will be going out in urine. so if it shows any at all you are probably good.

on a keto bulk they are valuable
    Thanks for the heads up man...This is my first run at CKD...
  10. Registered User

i doubt your in ketosis, it takes anywhere from 7-14 days to fully be in, but your on the right track, just cut down those carbs, I make my macros 50/20/30...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/13/2009

Morning Weight--189.6

Workout-- Bi's and Tri's Supersetted together, plus 20 min of abs.. Felt great at the gym with good amount of energy.

ECAx1

Diet-- Calories--1628---Protein 49%---Carb---9%---Fat 42%
  12. Registered User

good macros. increase protein though
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/14/2009

Morning Weight--189.6

Workout-- Shoulder/Lats/Traps/Calves all supersets...Awesome workout, really surprised at my energy levels in the gym being such low carb.

ECAx2

Diet--Calories 3233--Protein 32%--Carbs--34%--Fats--34%
    I can see now looking forward to the friday dinner,,love me some carbs this evening. More carbs for tomorrow then back to hardcore Sunday for week two. Probably try to post some updated pics at the end of week 2, I can see a diff in the mirror already.
  14. Registered User

it would be good to get some pics up
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/16/2009

Workout---rest day

Feeling a little guilty after pigging out yesterday. Ate several things I know better than to consume, but such is life...

Diet--Calories 2417---Protein 41%---Carbs 8%---Fat 51%
  16. Registered User

I wouldn't sweat a lil cheating here and there
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Yeah I know.. Gotta have a little cheat meal every now and again. As long as its just on my refeed day, its all good......
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/17/2009

Morning Weight---190.6

Workout---Crazy day at work and neer made it to the weight room. This weeks schedule looks good after today to get busy.

Diet--Calories 1835---Protein 50%---Carbs 11%---Fat 39%
    Last edited by ffmedic32; 08-17-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Tracker screw up,,forgot dinner
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/18/2009

Morning Weight---190.2

Workout--- trisets of chest and tri's,,25 min of abs....Cardio--Dug 36 foot of footer for my shed extension.

ECAx2

Diet---Did not track macros due to computer issues,,,but it was in the norm of around 1500 cal...
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Subbed!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

bro,

you have a good physique, and obviously some good motivation. what's your detailed diet like? cardio routine? judging from your physique you are very close to getting what you strive for, and I believe it's just a slight adjustment of what you are doing that can get you there.

i have a thread in the pics forum where I revamped my physique in 2-3 months, and I was a lot farther off than you are in these pics.

i didn't need any prohormones or the potentially dangerous EC stack so maybe the same can be said for you since you are close.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

I am not crazy about restricting calories or being hungry. I gained a considerable amount of weight around my midsection because I quit going to the gym for about 1 year. Even though I have arms, chest, shoulders that many crave for my midsection was starting to look like ****! So I have focused on running the treadmill burning 500+ calories per session 5 days a week. My upper & middle abs are starting th show again. I may be wrong but I am hoping this type of cardio will get me back my six pack in a way that is sustainable & healthier rather than manipulating my diet or starving myself. A trainer nce told me our metabolism is like pushing a car....once we get it moving it's easy to keep it going.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

8/19/2009

Morning Weight---187

Workout---Another day at the firehouse that screwed my schedule all up. We spent all day out training, ofcourse it was 90 degrees with high humidity so I sweated my arse off all day. After that was call after call and now its 2230,,so no routine today....

ECA x 2

Diet---Calories 2096---Protein 44%---Carbs 6%---Fat 50%
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    bro,

you have a good physique, and obviously some good motivation. what's your detailed diet like? cardio routine? judging from your physique you are very close to getting what you strive for, and I believe it's just a slight adjustment of what you are doing that can get you there.

i have a thread in the pics forum where I revamped my physique in 2-3 months, and I was a lot farther off than you are in these pics.

i didn't need any prohormones or the potentially dangerous EC stack so maybe the same can be said for you since you are close.
    Thanks man, I really am just looking to thin out my midsection a bit. As far as my diet its really pretty plain:: Egg whites, turkey sausage, Whey shake, chicken breast with leafy greens, whey shake, salmon with broccoli, whey shake,,Snack on almonds, can of tuna, and peanut butter......My cardio has been limited these first two weeks due to scheduling. Not as tho I just sit around all day either, I have been finishing my basement and building a shed outside,,so I move all day. Plan to kick the cardio back up for weeks 3 and 4 of the diet. For cardio I usually run/walk 4 miles around our reservoir or bike about 12 miles....Plus I normally commute to work on my bike 5 mile each way and I work 3 days a week........Before starting CKD my diet was and has been clean for years, I have sat at around 17% BF for several years now...If CKD can help me get sub 10 and then I can maintain with my normal diet then the plan worked....
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    I am not crazy about restricting calories or being hungry. I gained a considerable amount of weight around my midsection because I quit going to the gym for about 1 year. Even though I have arms, chest, shoulders that many crave for my midsection was starting to look like ****! So I have focused on running the treadmill burning 500+ calories per session 5 days a week. My upper & middle abs are starting th show again. I may be wrong but I am hoping this type of cardio will get me back my six pack in a way that is sustainable & healthier rather than manipulating my diet or starving myself. A trainer nce told me our metabolism is like pushing a car....once we get it moving it's easy to keep it going.
    In all honesty I have never felt starved on the CKD plan. I can maintain of feeling of fullness without carbs.....
  26. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic32 View Post
    Thanks man, I really am just looking to thin out my midsection a bit. As far as my diet its really pretty plain:: Egg whites, turkey sausage, Whey shake, chicken breast with leafy greens, whey shake, salmon with broccoli, whey shake,,Snack on almonds, can of tuna, and peanut butter......My cardio has been limited these first two weeks due to scheduling. Not as tho I just sit around all day either, I have been finishing my basement and building a shed outside,,so I move all day. Plan to kick the cardio back up for weeks 3 and 4 of the diet. For cardio I usually run/walk 4 miles around our reservoir or bike about 12 miles....Plus I normally commute to work on my bike 5 mile each way and I work 3 days a week........Before starting CKD my diet was and has been clean for years, I have sat at around 17% BF for several years now...If CKD can help me get sub 10 and then I can maintain with my normal diet then the plan worked....
    sounds good, just keep it up and when you can, go hard
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
  2. 6 Pack Help!
    By VeganMike in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM
  3. pSarm/Formadrol Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
    By CorpKiller in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 10:46 PM
  4. How'd u get your six pack abs?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 12:14 PM