Body fat requirements and stress - AnabolicMinds.com

Body fat requirements and stress

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Body fat requirements and stress

Hey all,

I have been on a diets in the past few years.. namely the abs diet, burn the fat feed the muscle, power eating, and now the anabolic diet. The BFFM program took me to 8% bodyfat but at that level, I looked great but felt AWFUL..always tired, always stressed..

How stressful on the body is it to be in the 8-9.5% bodyfat range?
    Are some people genetically healthier at say 12-14% bodyfat?

I ask because I've gained back some weight to recover my adrenals and basicallymy entire endocrine system after overtraining. I am 170 12-14% BF
    I used to be 150 8%. I've gained some muscle for sure, but a lot of chub too.

Thanks a lot.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  179 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by clr18287 View Post
    Hey all,

I have been on a diets in the past few years.. namely the abs diet, burn the fat feed the muscle, power eating, and now the anabolic diet. The BFFM program took me to 8% bodyfat but at that level, I looked great but felt AWFUL..always tired, always stressed..

I ask because I've gained back some weight to recover my adrenals and basicallymy entire endocrine system after overtraining. I am 170 12-14% BF

Thanks a lot.
    5 foot 10 and a lot of chub at 170?

Post pics, I think mot of it is in your head.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by clr18287 View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks a lot.
    It is very stressful on the body to maintain low levels of bodyfat close to essential fat stores: 3-5% BF for male and 8-12% BF for females (varies depending on the individual). For a male 8-9.5% BF should not be very stressful at all.

Perhaps you feel the way you do BECAUSE you have pretty much consistently been on one diet or another and not really been eating properly. Or maybe, as you mentioned, you will feel better at a higher BF%; I know someone who does not like to go below 10% BF because it makes them feel as you describe. Personal preference (and genetics) on how low you can go re leanness and stay (and low levels of BF can affect your health regardless, especially with females).

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
  2. Posting requirements.
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 04:00 PM
  3. soy and protein requirements
    By RaMatkal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM