Hman's cutting up!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I have been meaning to start this log for a bit now, but have just been tired and busy. This isn't going to be a serious log just to track my weight loss and to get some help from my friends when needed. I have already been cutting for 3 weeks already . I started at 192 and am now down to 185-3. So far so good.
My supps consist of cla, glutamine, protein, bcaas, relora and various stims. Cardio is done 4-6 times a week, some is fatsed and some is postworkout. I have been slacking on the cardio the last 2 weeks but will make up for it this 2 weeks.:afro:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Subadub

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wholly sh1t bro! You look huge!! Did you do another cycle?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're looking great, bro! You've really been making some progress behind the scenes here.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
You're looking great, bro! You've really been making some progress behind the scenes here.
Yeah man I have been killing it lately.

Wholly sh1t bro! You look huge!! Did you do another cycle?
I did a 3 week pulse of super a month or 2 ago but it was short and i put on a couple pounds. I don't know how much I kept because I started the cut not too long afterwards. Thanks for the compliment I have been training really hard and eating well.

Subb'd to this :spam:

HAHA...what dose of CLA are you doing? I just started 6gr/day. I've got 400caps so I decided to get a little crazy.
I have never run it seriously before but i am noticing some effects. I don't know if it is just the cla or a combo of all the supps. I am running 4g a day split up throughout the day. Thanks for stopping by!

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Gl man. Already made some great cut progress.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Gl man. Already made some great cut progress.
some progress so far but the pics are before hand. I can pretty much eat what ever I want on the weekends and some cheats during the week and look like that with no cardio, but I want to be lean year round from here on out ya know.Thanks for joining!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
some progress so far but the pics are before hand. I can pretty much eat what ever I want on the weekends and some cheats during the week and look like that with no cardio, but I want to be lean year round from here on out ya know.Thanks for joining!
Do you drink much, H?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
subbin in. good luck bro.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Do you drink much, H?
I have done my far share during college, but i now I keep it to a minimum. I might have 2-3 beers on the weekend for the most part none though. Thats is were i got this belly and lovehandles that damn booze. i am hoping to not have anymore until the end of the cut.:paranoid:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have done my far share during college, but i now I keep it to a minimum. I might have 2-3 beers on the weekend for the most part none though. Thats is were i got this belly and lovehandles that damn booze. i am hoping to not have anymore until the end of the cut.:paranoid:
Righto. I was just curious.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smug bastard!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the gym and the low carb thing is killing my strength. Thats what always stops me mid cut. I hate losing strength and size, but i would rather get lean and then continue on bulking(cleanly). Lets just say it was rough in there:tapedshut:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got back from the gym and the low carb thing is killing my strength. Thats what always stops me mid cut. I hate losing strength and size, but i would rather get lean and then continue on bulking(cleanly). Lets just say it was rough in there:tapedshut:
Same here, man. There is just something satisfying about being lean over being big. Now, if I could be 250lbs at 10-12% bf, I'd probably take it, but I don't think my genetics would allow me to get even close to that. I'll settle for 180lbs at 6-7% bf.

Being big is sweet, but I just feel so great being lean and mean.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Same here, man. There is just something satisfying about being lean over being big. Now, if I could be 250lbs at 10-12% bf, I'd probably take it, but I don't think my genetics would allow me to get even close to that. I'll settle for 180lbs at 6-7% bf.

Yeah buddy and when you go into bulk mode it is so much easier to gain lean mass and you can tell visibly how much you gained alot easier.:afro:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Agreed. I feel much better when I'm mid 190's to high 180's. I felt huge at 225-230lbs, but I was up in the 15% + bf, easy.

Here's me at 230 doing push ups with a friend.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Subbing. Your starting with a very solid base and should be shredded by the end of this. Show me how it is done bro!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that really you Irish?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Supposed to do legs today, but I can't even think about that right now. My summer job(landscaping, mowing) is killing me and i hate it. Can't wait for school to start back up. I will resume workouts tomorrow.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supposed to do legs today, but I can't even think about that right now. My summer job(landscaping, mowing) is killing me and i hate it. Can't wait for school to start back up. I will resume workouts tomorrow.
I hear you man, I work in a machine shop and do about 1,000 things and more times than not am the bitch bc im the "big strong young kid"....it blows.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How you diggin the Relora, H? What are you dosing it at? How long ago did you start it? What's your sign? (no hemo)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Distilled is that a new avi? Legs look bigger to me :scratchchin:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man.. In for this one. The strength loss, is depressing..lol

Irish, you seem to have some solid genetics man. How hard is it for you to stay that lean? I just want to be 210 @ 10% or so.:happysad:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
How you diggin the Relora, H? What are you dosing it at? How long ago did you start it? What's your sign? (no hemo)
I am liking it so far I think it is helping with the trouble spots like stomach and lovehandles!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Irish, you seem to have some solid genetics man. How hard is it for you to stay that lean? I just want to be 210 @ 10% or so.:happysad:
It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

210 @ 10% would be nice too.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
It's not REAL hard for me to stay lean, and I seem to thrive on a cut as I make real good, quick progress; however, the trade off is it's more difficult for me to try to add LBM without putting on a decent amount of fat. I've found that the "slow and steady" approach works best for me.

I feel the same way. I feel like the human body (or at least for most people) has very little problem getting big. However, it does have a problem with getting big and staying lean. Therefore, I also like the slow and steady approach to bulking.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Low & slow, like cooking ribs.

You're actually a lot more patient then I am. I inherently take the marathoners approach when trying to add muscle, but when it comes to shedding fat, I'm very ADD. I drop too quickly and I do pay the price, but my mind goes to a different place when I'm in a genuine cut mode. I become over-concerned with the fat loss and under-concerned about the muscle loss as a result of a fast acting cut.

I have the opposite problem, its easy for me to maintain 210-215lbs, relatively lean and damn near impossible for me to hold 190lbs, respectfully lean, and I prefer being in the 190's.

Keep it up Hman!

I agree with IC's earlier comment, your shoulders & bi's are looking stacked.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I am the same exact way. I can diet and after 12 weeks be down only about 15lbs bc I've kept my LBM but bulking is a different story. I'm too impatient about adding mass bc it SHOULD be easier! You usually hear people bitch about not being able to lose weight,lol.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

For me to stay under 10% for a long time, id likely need to be eating 1300cals, and doing 5hrs of cardio a week(maybe more)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me to stay under 10% for a long time, id likely need to be eating 1300cals, and doing 5hrs of cardio a week(maybe more)
Man that sucks hard. I could stay at about 8% taking in 2k cals/day and doing no cardio. Gaining LBM is real hard for me, though. It comes and goes. 170-175lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me; meaning I can hold that weight and be pretty lean relatively easily. Anything above that is hard for me to hold on to.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man that sucks hard. I could stay at about 8% taking in 2k cals/day and doing no cardio. Gaining LBM is real hard for me, though. It comes and goes. 170-175lbs seems to be the sweet spot for me; meaning I can hold that weight and be pretty lean relatively easily. Anything above that is hard for me to hold on to.
Ya, it blows. heh

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Same once I get lean I can eat alot and stay that way, but to stay super lean cardio is neede at least 3x a week.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same once I get lean I can eat alot and stay that way, but to stay super lean cardio is neede at least 3x a week.
May I suggest fasted resistance training? It's like killing two goats with one dipstick.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Ok well the weight keeps dropping. I have lost about 10 lbs since the beginning but it seems that it can't all be fat. I hate losing muscle or the thought of it. what is everyones out look on this. I have lost bodyfat but but it seems that if i had lost 10lbs of fat i woul be looking alot leaner than i am. What to do?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the no-carb thing is really messing with you. It makes you look like crap and kills muscle tone. I'm on the TKD thing right now and even with that I look a little flat. How's your strength?

Man, do everything you can to not lose muscle. I've cut down before drug-free with little-to-no muscle loss, so I plan on doing it again. You were with me for that ride.

I think often times people on a cut hit the weights way too hard. I think to preserve your muscle you need to take it a little easier in the gym. That's why I always do full-body a few times a week and only an exercise or two for each muscle group. Less hypertrophy and less recovery time. the less eenergy expenditure the better.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Think about it...

You're trying to lose weight, not gain it, so don't train like you're trying to pack on muscle. You're trying to KEEP your strength, not increase it (although it often happens in the process :) ).

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I think the no-carb thing is really messing with you. It makes you look like crap and kills muscle tone. I'm on the TKD thing right now and even with that I look a little flat. How's your strength?

Man, do everything you can to not lose muscle. I've cut down before drug-free with little-to-no muscle loss, so I plan on doing it again. You were with me for that ride.

I think often times people on a cut hit the weights way too hard. I think to preserve your muscle you need to take it a little easier in the gym. That's why I always do full-body a few times a week and only an exercise or two for each muscle group. Less hypertrophy and less recovery time. the less eenergy expenditure the better.
Dude strength is dropping on some workouts but not hardly on others. I think that the carbs just gives me not enough energy. It seems that everytime i cut strength comes back quickly once i introduce carbs back in. I am just wondering if i get down to the real leaness that i want I might lose some serious size. What was your diet last time you got really shredded? Check out my pics again irish and give me your idea on how many pounds you think I would need to lose to get down to 7-8%? (doesn't have to be spot on but just a ballpark idea)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
~12-15lbs, maybe. That's basing off of 7%.

My diet last time I got real diced was basically what I'm doing right now, but not as restrictive. I had carbs in the morning regardless of if it was a workout day or not; however, I am pretty certain overall calories were lower than they are for me now.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
~12-15lbs, maybe. That's basing off of 7%.

My diet last time I got real diced was basically what I'm doing right now, but not as restrictive. I had carbs in the morning regardless of if it was a workout day or not; however, I am pretty certain overall calories were lower than they are for me now.
What were the amount of carbs in the morning? also was that your only carbs in the day? postworkout? I might try this tkd diet but we will se.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What were the amount of carbs in the morning? also was that your only carbs in the day? postworkout? I might try this tkd diet but we will se.
I think it was around 60-80g, and yes, those were my only carbs during the day.

I got real lean again around this past Christmas, but I still couldn't lose that bottom layer of fat around my lower abdomen. I hope to rid myself of that on this cut.