Diabetic:need insulin spike?
- 01-17-2003, 10:01 PM
- 01-18-2003, 04:26 AM
I'm abit outta the loop, is Type 1 where you have too much insulin in the bloodstream at times?
Try a high-glycemic carb drink, like Ultra Fuel or Carbo Force.. Nothin' like a good sugar rush before posing..
- 01-18-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by ironviking
I'm type1 diabetic, since high glycemic carbs dont cause me to have an insulin spike, should I still take them with creatine? I really dont see any other reason to intake HG carbs.
01-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Take your insulin at times like this. (I trust this is post workout, then you should be loading up on carbs and protein, but not for the spike, since your injection will do that for ya)
01-18-2003, 11:26 AM
01-27-2003, 10:05 PM
My buddy is a type-1 diabetic. I got him to start lifting with me about 5 months ago and this is what I have him do:
Post workout shake = At least 30G carb, 30G protein
Inject x amount of units of humalog. I don't know what type of insulin you use but this should provide enough insulin to help support an anabolic environment. Monitor your blood sugar before and after workout to guage insulin dosing.
Similar Forum Threads
- By cessna in forum BulkingReplies: 18Last Post: 04-03-2008, 06:19 PM
- By loner in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 05-26-2007, 06:03 PM
- By chainsaw in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 08-20-2006, 11:43 PM
- By Blutarski in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2005, 01:37 AM
- By Deano in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM