PPWO carbs while cutting

  1. PPWO carbs while cutting


    Does anyone eat carbs for your post post workout meal? I was always told not to eat carbs close to bed time but recently Ive been reading that it seems to work pretty good. Any experiences?.................. ...


  2. carbs within 2 hours of bedtime is a bad idea. not only do you stunt your growth hormone release but you also are more likely to store fat.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    carbs within 2 hours of bedtime is a bad idea. not only do you stunt your growth hormone release but you also are more likely to store fat.
    Thats what I was thinkin too
    •   
       


  4. cals in vs. cals out.

    a cal deficit is a cal deficit. if you're eating below maintenance all day and then ate some carbs before bed, you wont gain weight.

    You still need to replace glycogen and avoid catabolism on a cut. Just use less than you would on a bulk post w.o.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JayTren3000 View Post
    cals in vs. cals out.

    a cal deficit is a cal deficit. if you're eating below maintenance all day and then ate some carbs before bed, you wont gain weight.

    You still need to replace glycogen and avoid catabolism on a cut. Just use less than you would on a bulk post w.o.
    You had experience with this bro?

  6. If you've just done an intense workout, then eat the damn carbs. You still have to rebuild and repair the damage done to your body from training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If you've just done an intense workout, then eat the damn carbs. You still have to rebuild and repair the damage done to your body from training.
    Agreed. I follow an extremely low-carb diet for every meal except post-workout... and I usually work out late in the evening. I consume a shake with 60 grams of maltodextrin and 30 grams of whey protein. About 40 minutes later, I eat another moderate-carb whole food meal. An hour later I'm in bed. I should also mention that I carb up for an entire afternoon once a week as well.

    In following the above protocol since early April (14 weeks so far), I have gone from 206 lbs down to 193 lbs. Shirts are tighter and pants are looser. Abs are back. I've not only retained muscle while losing fat, but have gained additional mass. Slow and steady wins the race.
    RTR.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rubberring View Post
    Agreed. I follow an extremely low-carb diet for every meal except post-workout... and I usually work out late in the evening. I consume a shake with 60 grams of maltodextrin and 30 grams of whey protein. About 40 minutes later, I eat another moderate-carb whole food meal. An hour later I'm in bed. I should also mention that I carb up for an entire afternoon once a week as well.

    In following the above protocol since early April (14 weeks so far), I have gone from 206 lbs down to 193 lbs. Shirts are tighter and pants are looser. Abs are back. I've not only retained muscle while losing fat, but have gained additional mass. Slow and steady wins the race.
    Nice work bro!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cutting, no carbs?
    By someguy1984 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM
  2. cutting carbs?
    By ucanes23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 05:57 AM
  3. I hate cutting carbs!
    By pdx89 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 06:48 PM
  4. cutting carbs
    By swtnycboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 01:50 PM
  5. PWO carbs while cutting
    By Jeffrw in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Log in
Log in