Muscle Milk to much fat for cut?

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
muscle milk has 110 cals from fat, total fat 12grams sat fat 6g.
is this to much when trying to cut..I have been bustin my ass with cardio and diet and cant seem to shed the BF off my lower abs. could this be the culprit?

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i really don't see the point of muscle milk...........casein protein with some sunflower/safflower oil.

not worth the money.

you may as well use coconut oil and milk lol

if you can spare the time, try using cla for several weeks. it is supposed to get belly fat off.

F

Future

Honestly I think Muscle Milk is garbage. Lipotropic Protein from LG has polyphenols which help burn fart. It is zero carb as well.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Lipotropic doesn't have casein. so it really shouldn't be compared to muscle milk. it is just another isolate.

L

lorbaby69

Awards
Muscle milk sucks! best protein for cutting is myofusion by gaspari or GNC's wheybolic extreme 60.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Take muscle milk light, alot less calories in it. Or Check out this protein at GNC:

Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

Calories: 280
Fat: 1g
Carbs: 7g
Protein: 60g

(Also almost 18g amino acids)

I know you are looking for something to take on a cut, recently saw this at GNC, if you take it in half doses it seems like it would be perfect about of protein with minimal calories!!

Good luck bro, and if you use this lemme know how this tastes!!

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Muscle milk sucks! best protein for cutting is myofusion by gaspari or GNC's wheybolic extreme 60.
HAha, as you were typing that I was looking up the nutritional facts on GNC and typing them in here

L

lorbaby69

Awards
haha that is awesome! I love that protein! It tastes way to good to be that good for you also! chocolate and banana are the best flavors tho, I'm not too fond of the other ones lol

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
Im not on a hard cut, just trying to loose what little BF% to get the abs fully out.. Im just staying away from to much extra fat. chicken, meat, fish for meals. pasta for a snack(for carbs) fruits, peanutbuter, eggs usually 2-3 protein shakes depending..also BCAAs...i like the carbs in MM not to mention the taste is the only i found to enjoy. I am very active even when im not in the gym so I didnt think the added fat would hurt. But now i just dont know.
Im gunna take a look at the protein you suggested. Is the choc. good, ive hard bad experiences b4.
Also click on my profile i have a pic. Im pretty lean so thats why im not on a hard cut.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Cutting and bulking depend on calories and to a lesser extent macro %. As long as Muscle Milk fits your needs, it's great. I love the stuff no matter what my goals are.

I wouldn't pound down Muscle Milk like you would standard whey without paying attention to the calories. MM is more of a "meal replacement" than a simple protein supplement.

I've recently added BSN's Syntha 6 to my diet. It's a quality product, also.

D

dropshot001

Awards
it all depends on what the rest of your diet looks like.

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
it all depends on what the rest of your diet looks like.
chicken, meat, fish for meals. pasta for a snack(for carbs) fruits, peanutbuter, eggs usually 2-3 protein shakes depending..also BCAAs
-example-
protein shake upon waking
20mins later 2-3 eggs
2hours later gym BCAA
protein shake post w.o
30 mins later either fish chicken or meat
about 2 hours later small bowl of pasta
another small meal of either meat fish or chicken
protein shake before bed
snack through out day peanut butter or fruit.
drink only water/OJ

L

lorbaby69

Awards
syntha six and muscle milk aren't very good proteins. the only time I would suggest using them is before bed. as a post workout protein they both are terrible. you have a 45 minute window where you can absorb the most nutrients, that is why you need a whey protein isolate. it is by far the fastest absorbing. That amplified wheybolic is an isolate. and yes the chocolate is really good. Also it has a lot of BCAA's including 10 grams of glutamine. its legit

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
syntha six and muscle milk aren't very good proteins. the only time I would suggest using them is before bed. as a post workout protein they both are terrible. you have a 45 minute window where you can absorb the most nutrients, that is why you need a whey protein isolate. it is by far the fastest absorbing. That amplified wheybolic is an isolate. and yes the chocolate is really good. Also it has a lot of BCAA's including 10 grams of glutamine. its legit

actually, hydrolyzed whey protein absorbs faster and better than isolate.

F

Future

Lipotropic doesn't have casein. so it really shouldn't be compared to muscle milk. it is just another isolate.
That wasn't the point of the thread. Also Lipotropic is a gemma based protein with an exceptionally high biological value which has established itself to be better than milk proteins.

F

Future

I would suggest taking BCAA's and Glutamine 3 times a day as well. Take them before bed. Skip the slow digesting formulas and save some money.

F

Future

actually, hydrolyzed whey protein absorbs faster and better than isolate.
They are actually the same except the enzyme chain of the hydrolyzed is shorter so it is digested faster BUT normally tastes like crap. If cost is an issue I wouldn't split hairs over the two.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
so, how are they the same if hydrolyzed whey has different, shorter, enzyme chain which is digested faster and better utilized by the body? also i don't remember anyone mentioning taste or cost.

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/supplements/69613-perfect-pwo-protein-guide.html

also, does the lipo protein have a slow, steady release of amino acids for hours, like casein?

please stop trying to sell your product in an unrelated thread.

thx

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
that GNC brand is pretty expensive, never been much of a GNC guy on account of their outrageous prices. Im open to suggestions, but cant justify $60 and a taste I may not like.

and besides no one liking MM, could this be my problem you think?

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
lol who buys stuff from GNC.

find a good discount supplement store online.......google coupon codes and use those if they are available.

http://www.tritonhealth.com/ is a really good one ive used for several years. i think they still have the GIFT9 coupon too for 9% off any order.

in fact, im glad you reminded me. just saw leviathan is 28.99 there - 9% =like 26.50ish.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
lol timber, i thought the same thing. if you want polyphenols just take a cap or two of green tea extract.

so dumb.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
lol timber, i thought the same thing. if you want polyphenols just take a cap or two of green tea extract.

so dumb.
Well that, and he said "Fart"...

But seriously... It's quite an LG plug for an unrelated subject.

I'm still not sure why the OP is thinking fat in his diet is a bad thing... if anything I'd think the pasta is the culprit. That being said, the fat in MM isn't really the best quality fat to be taking in... but it shouldn't be impeding fat loss.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
The standard low cost / low fat / no sugar protein is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey...

If you're taking muscle milk for all the "protein shakes" you listed in your diet breakdown... I'd definitely swap that out. Use MM for a PreWO snack, or a nighttime application... Whey shakes for upon waking, and postWO.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
well if i remember correctly, MM has safflower oil in it........so, he is getting some CLA, which does eliminate fat, if taken consistently.

fats i think are great for cutting, but the 12 sugars in MM is what i don't like coupled with 12 more grams of sugar from the milk you add.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Wow... quite the hoopla over protein. Future, you are cracking me up.

The original question was whether MM was limiting his fat loss. Fat loss has to do with how many calories a person is taking in vs. what he/she is burning, not the type of protein, which you guys seem to be stuck on.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
shakes, i have to disagree. types of calories are severely important, as you know. not just how much you are taking in vs going out.

hormones are affected......testosterone,insulin, etc. so i think it is important to say, a sugary protein mix ( that tastes amazing, especially the mint chocolate chip mm) will not chisel your abs.......or will it?

you could always go back to the example of 2000 calories of salmon vs 2000 calories of cane sugar will definitely have different effects on your weight.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Wow... quite the hoopla over protein. Future, you are cracking me up.

The original question was whether MM was limiting his fat loss. Fat loss has to do with how many calories a person is taking in vs. what he/she is burning, not the type of protein, which you guys seem to be stuck on.
Can certainly still offer an opinion that MM is not suitable for PostWO nutrition.

F

Future

so dumb.
what is dumb about using a quality protein that kills many bords with one stone? Try to b e a little more respectful in your debating by the way.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
shakes, i have to disagree. types of calories are severely important, as you know. not just how much you are taking in vs going out.

hormones are affected......testosterone,insulin, etc. so i think it is important to say, a sugary protein mix ( that tastes amazing, especially the mint chocolate chip mm) will not chisel your abs.......or will it?

you could always go back to the example of 2000 calories of salmon vs 2000 calories of cane sugar will definitely have different effects on your weight.
I completely agree.

The bottom line is if the calories and macros fit into your diet or not. There is nothing mysterious in MM that will make a person gain/lose weight. It's all on the label.

Whether casein, whey, or hydrolyzed protein is better... that is a whole other ballgame, as each has their own benefits. I'm not sure one can label any one as always better than any other. It depends on use.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Honestly I think Muscle Milk is garbage. Lipotropic Protein from LG has polyphenols which help burn fart. It is zero carb as well.
:lol: :toofunny: :haha: :rofl:

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
haha you said bord.

just joking.

on a side note, i think you misunderstood my tone. i did not mean, YOU are so dumb. i meant the idea to sprinkle some polyphenols into the product and say it ''burns fat'' was SO DUMB. i guess.....every little bit helps. i would not , however, count that as hitting two birds with one stone........since i doubt it provides 400mg+ of catechins for each serving.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
what is dumb about using a quality protein that kills many bords with one stone? Try to b e a little more respectful in your debating by the way.
Please define bord.

salava29

salava29

Awards
wheyabolic 60 extreme is also a hydralized whey

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
lol who buys stuff from GNC.

find a good discount supplement store online.......google coupon codes and use those if they are available.

is a really good one ive used for several years. i think they still have the GIFT9 coupon too for 9% off any order.

in fact, im glad you reminded me. just saw leviathan is 28.99 there - 9% =like 26.50ish.

Sry if i made myself look noobish in the buying department, but I have many sources of getting my supps, none of which i will pay that much such as GNC n such stores. I just saw someone said gnc had that protein and when I looked the price is crazy therefore I wouldn't buy it.

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
Well that, and he said "Fart"...

But seriously... It's quite an LG plug for an unrelated subject.

I'm still not sure why the OP is thinking fat in his diet is a bad thing... if anything I'd think the pasta is the culprit. That being said, the fat in MM isn't really the best quality fat to be taking in... but it shouldn't be impeding fat loss.
I dont have that much pasta and its not an everyday thing, I am Italian so pasta and meatballs are always in the fridge, so i have a bowl on workout days or at most 4-5 days a week. I never stuff myself, i just want the carbs for energy. I will cut it down and see if this works. Any suggestions on what I should replace that snack/meal with? oatmeal maybe.

All help is appreciated so keep it coming!

L

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
hows this protein i found..whey tech pro 24
120 cals
total fat 1g
sodium 170mg
potassium 170mg
carbs 3g
sugar 1g
protein 24g