Weight Loss Question - AnabolicMinds.com

Weight Loss Question

1. New Member

Question Weight Loss Question

I have gone from about 185 to about 170 in the last 3 months. But I have been fluctuating between 168 and 172 for the last 3-4 weeks. I haven't been able to lose the last bit of belly fat or any additional weight . I wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions. My diet is good so I can't figure out what's holding me back. I lift 3 days a week and do cardio 3 to 4 days a week.
    I'm 5'10 if that helps get an idea of my body type. I appreciate any advice/suggestions you may have.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

try doing sprints and short burst
    long distance just increases cortisol levels and causes body to store fat

check it out on youtube
    type in cortisol
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Have you been on a strict calorie restriction for the whole time? Or do you cycle your total calorie intake? Ex: days 1-3: cal deficit. Day 4: cal surplus. repeat every 3 days.

You might need to bump your calories a bit to kick your metabolism back up. maybe for a day or two, just don't go overboard. Maybe 500 or so over maintenance.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

post up your diet. but adaptation happens regardless, so its probably time to change diet, and change workout/cardio plans and styles
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Change up your routine if you've been doing it for 3 months, your body adapts around 8 weeks I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    post up your diet. but adaptation happens regardless, so its probably time to change diet, and change workout/cardio plans and styles
    Yes, this is a dumb question, but, your body adapts to your diet? As in, your diet will become more and more ineffective? Is that macro-wise, or just the type of food(ie. wheat bread every day at 12 PM, as opposed to 40 carbs everyday at 11 AM)?
    I always knew about routine, but diet is a new one for me How long is the adaptation usually on this?
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well, it depends what i've seen is the less variation in diet, the less length of time its effective for. Its part of why carb ups and cheat days are critical. I wouldn't say that your body adapts to diet if you are maintaining or even bulking, but in fat loss it does. Part of it is even just lowered leptin levels over time on caloric restriction.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that one up, through me for a loop, lol.

By variation, do you mean from day to day, or on each day? Like, the exact food every other day, and then on the next day, the same thing every other day( Mon, Wed, Fri, then Tues, Thurs, Sat) Or just having the same sources of protein/carbs per day?
    Sorry for the "?"s, those are the last
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I think for me it seems to be more about same total caloric level + macros each day, more than what foods. Eating the same exact foods but varying total calories and carb levels seems to work out ok, where eating a variety of foods but same total cals + carb levels per day doesn't. So I could do ok eating just chicken breasts, wild rice, pecans and spinach so long as I varied the amount of rice day to day, say some days having it with all meals, and alternating days skipping rice at any meal after 2pm.
    This space for rent

9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up.

I'd rep ya, buttt apparently I hafta spread it first
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I think for me it seems to be more about same total caloric level + macros each day, more than what foods. Eating the same exact foods but varying total calories and carb levels seems to work out ok, where eating a variety of foods but same total cals + carb levels per day doesn't. So I could do ok eating just chicken breasts, wild rice, pecans and spinach so long as I varied the amount of rice day to day, say some days having it with all meals, and alternating days skipping rice at any meal after 2pm.
    Good post. Some like to have a couple hundred more cals on training days then on nontraining. I like to rotate total cals every 3 days. EX: I currently am cutting with about 2000 cals and I generally do lower carbs on those days, any where from 50-80. Every third day, I have carb up which I basically follow the scivation cut diet plan. On carb day, every meal up to the last one that day is same as normal. Last meal is carb meal, which for me adds 120g of carbs and 20g of fat. It ups my daily carbs to around 200.That meal is about 640 cals for me and puts me up 400-500 total cals for the day, give or take. Works on the same premise of having the cheat meal. You basically rotate from cutting cals to maintenance level every 3 days.

Since I like structure with my meal plan, the "cut diet" plan works good for me. You can search scivation books and download the free E-book. It has meal strategies from 1400 cals up to 3500 or 4000 I think.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Weight loss question, with assistance
    By chamulan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
  2. Help With Weight Loss/Carb Question
    By buck47 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 08:37 PM
  3. Weight Loss Supplement Question...
    By bighaley21 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6