slim xtreme or adderal?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Answers

slim xtreme or adderal?

ive been prescribed to adderal previously and lost 160lbs but am looking for an alternate route without having to deal with the dr office and the waiting room to be seen everytime i need a refil. are the 2 close when talking about appetite suppresant? any help or info on the two would be highly appreciated. by the way i dont have a addictive personality i had got off adderal after 4 years easy so addiction isnt a problem.

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

bump
  3. Banned
    Answers

Havent taken the POM but as far as SX goes the apetite supression is far and above anything ive ever experienced.

ECA for me (30mg of eph) supresses my hunger for around 3 hours, 2 caps of SX (1 cap for many) does the job for 8 hours or so.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Answers

adderal is like snorting lines of coke except for it lasts all day.... I would stay away from it though considering im sure it is horrible for your nervous system. Again it is highly addictive wether you have an addictive personality or not doesn't matter.

as far as cutting weight goes if you understand the health risks and that doesn't make a difference for you it is awesome to help lose weight. I used to use it all the time in college to stay up late and study or else just go out and party all night... great mood enhancement.

I would take an adderal in the morning and i woudn't be hungry the entire night....

I have no experience with SX
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Amphetamine (Adderall) is nothing to be used as a appetite suppressant! its plain stupidity, regardless if you were addicted or not, the cons unanimously outweigh the pros
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KgTomCat View Post
    Amphetamine (Adderall) is nothing to be used as a appetite suppressant! its plain stupidity, regardless if you were addicted or not, the cons unanimously outweigh the pros
    I agree

-HB-
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Answers

i never did use the adderall for an appetite suppresant, i had used it for school and i lost alot of weight. i was looking for another alternative instead of that. i will be getting back on adderall in one of the upcomming semesters but i was wanting to know if the supression of the appetite was similar with the slim xtreme. by the way i had already ordered the SE and its amazing. ive lost 20 lbs quick! but it is like adderall and wont let you sleep. i grind my teeth like i do on adderal, i cant stop moving talk etc. pretty much all the side effects of adderall its just not as potent. its the closest thing that ive gotten to it. this supplement is amazing!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

hey guys just wondering, would SX be a good appetite suppressant for a keto diet? i'm on one now and i'm still hungry all the time and i'm worried about overeating and still gaining weight.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

In my opinion using adderall (amphetamine salts) as an intentional weight loss aid is not a good idea.

Combining amphetamines with exercise is a recipe for disaster. Amphetamine use can cause arrhythmia, increased blood pressure, and cardiomyopathy[1] by itself. Combining this with exercise, which will put a higher workload on the heart and raises blood pressure, can be potentially fatal. This is not to say that exercise and amphetamine use is going to kill you, that is very much a dose/ exercise intensity/ and frequency of use dependent equation.

There is definitely a trend with amphetamine use and complications relating to your heart. Not to mention, neurotransmitters and receptors are extremely complicated, they are not toys. Playing with them just to lose weight when self control can accomplish the same is idiotic.

Sorry to rant, its just lately a ton of topics about using amphetamines for weight loss and pre w/out have popped up and i find it frustrating, especially due to what my own experiences with them.

[1] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Am J Ther. 2008 May-Jun;15(3):287-9.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Answers

i totally agree with you on the whole taking it as a pre workout. i would never do this because when i work out my heart is beating hard enough as it is and i dont need anything to increase it. thats y i dont take the slim xtreme until im done working out. this stuff is pretty potent and would recomend controling your heart rate while doing intense workouts. very very potent appetite suppresant though. i took one friday morning before work then another at 12 and i didnt get the urge to eat for 36 hrs. i didnt even get the urge then i just though "man i need to eat something". im most deffinatly going to get 4 or so more bottles of this before the fda makes it controlled like adderall lol
  11. Registered User
    Answers

this is like asking should i use caffeine or cocaine. sorry man but this is not a well thought out question. adderall needs to be taken seriously.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

listen to Tone and KG man. i've had friends get hooked on that stuff. it's not pretty. it's definetly not good for your body either. definetly go another route.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RAMJAM666 View Post
    this is like asking should i use caffeine or cocaine. sorry man but this is not a well thought out question. adderall needs to be taken seriously.
    its basically speed...
    Quote Originally Posted by rush76x View Post
    listen to Tone and KG man. i've had friends get hooked on that stuff. it's not pretty. it's definetly not good for your body either. definetly go another route.
    ive been hooked...Im glad ur liking the SX
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Answers

man this slim xtreme is amazing. the apetite depression is unreal. i went 48 hrs without even getting the notion of i was hungary by only taking one each morning. i had to make myself eat or else i would have went even longer. ive already lost 25lbs in the first week to week and a half. this stuff really works i just hope there isnt any bad side effects such as kidney or liver damage etc..anybody heard of such things?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pbllfrk View Post
    man this slim xtreme is amazing. the apetite depression is unreal. i went 48 hrs without even getting the notion of i was hungary by only taking one each morning. i had to make myself eat or else i would have went even longer. ive already lost 25lbs in the first week to week and a half. this stuff really works i just hope there isnt any bad side effects such as kidney or liver damage etc..anybody heard of such things?
    i know what you mean!! i'm MAKING myself eat breakfast because i know i need to eat but once it's in my mouth i feel like hurling. it's def. an awesome appetite suppressant. i haven't heard anything bout liver damage or anything like that. just be sure to drink plenty of water. also, i'm on my second day and my heard rate is higher than normal and i feel hot. SX speeds up the metabolism, are you feeling this way too??
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Answers

yes i have had an increase in heart rate somewhat. i have also notice that when i take it and i go to work i start feeling it kick in and when it gets to its full potential i start feeling kinda weird. like when i stand up real fast i get light headed etc. almost feels like im kinda buzzed by a beer or something. but after that first hr or so everything is perfectly fine. this is being refered to having been on this for 2 weeks now. it especially happens when i havnt eaten for a loong time. im not to sure if its because of the sx or that i need food or what. about feeling hot i have felt that as well. im not sure if its because the body is burning so much that it increases the temp or if its because it has niacin or other similar products in it (not too sure if it contains such things) but ive noticed a huge drop in weight and am loving this supplement. by the way is there a time period where i should take it then stop for a certain period of time? like cycle it?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

agreed..its amazing....however..25lbs in a week??? do you think we just fell out of the sky????
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  340 lbs.
    Answers

hey man theres no exageration involved when i said that. ive done this multiple times but it only happens maybe for the first 1-2 weeks then it narrows down to a few lbs a week. the reason being is because alot it water weight and with me no eating much im also loosing weight by i guess u could say emptying my insides if you get where im going with that. i know it sounds drastic and like im telling a far fetched tale but its for real. im guessing nobody's ever heard of this happening to a person that is that determined to lose weight?
  19. Board Supporter
    Answers

hey man theres no exageration involved when i said that. ive done this multiple times but it only happens maybe for the first 1-2 weeks then it narrows down to a few lbs a week. the reason being is because alot it water weight and with me no eating much im also loosing weight by i guess u could say emptying my insides if you get where im going with that. i know it sounds drastic and like im telling a far fetched tale but its for real. im guessing nobody's ever heard of this happening to a person that is that determined to lose weight?
    ive heard of it bro....ive done it..not so drastic...but ive lost around 15 pounds starting a drastic diet within the first week but your right...its mostly water weight.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mpkonig View Post
    ive lost around 15 pounds starting a drastic diet within the first week but your right...its mostly water weight.
    YuPp
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anything Like Slim Xtreme?
    By AlexParty in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM
  2. Slim Xtreme
    By bigrobbierob in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 08:54 AM
  3. Slim Xtreme vs. ECA(Y)?