RD - Cutting Log
- 04-28-2009, 12:45 AM
RD - Cutting Log
Doing a cut and figured I would log it for reference. I am not into doing overly-detailed and ridiculous logs (unless, of course, I did a sponsored supplement and that's what a company wanted).
As a result, I keep things pretty simply because I don't like reading through tons of crap in other people's logs, so I don't put anyone else through it. So, here we go..
- Anabolic Diet Inspired
- High Fat/Med Protein/Very Low Carb on MTWThF and Sa AM
- Med Protein/Med Fat/High Carb on Sa PM and S
- Roughly 1450-1550 calories each day 50f/45p/5c
- Tons of Water
- Su/M/Th or F - Weights (Pull on 1, Push on 2, whatever I feel like on 3)
- T - Spring Intervals
- W/Th/F/S - Steady-State Cardio
- TTA (250 mg) + Salvia Miltiorrhiza (250 mg) -- 2-3 times a day
- Controlled Labs REDuction -- AM dose and PM dose
- NO-Xplode PWO (got it for free so shut up)
- Scivation Whey PostWO
- Fish Oil (here and there)
- Napalm (beginning 4/28) -- 1-2 times a day
* I know 1500 calories is low, but it's what works for me.
* I started this 2 weeks ago (early April) -- waited to log it just to make sure I was sticking with it.
* I weigh myself on Monday AM -- full of glycogen and water at that point.
* I use the mirror and the scale to judge my progress.
* I will update this occasionally from now on (4/27)
Beginning of Week 1 (4/13): 202
Beginning of Week 2 (4/20): 199.5 (-2.5)
Beginning of Week 3 (4/27): 196.5 (-5.5)
Beginning of Week 4 (5/03): 193.5 (-9)
- 04-28-2009, 12:49 AM
Training: Squats 4x6; Leg Ext 2x15; DB Bench 4x10; Flyes 2x15; Dips 3x10; OH Tricep Extensions 3x12; 30 min deck hockey
feel pretty good -- still full of carbs, but satisfy sweet cravings (at night) with sugar free Jello.
- 04-28-2009, 07:13 PM
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
04-28-2009, 08:12 PM
- Some terrific eggs & cheese covered in red hot for breakfast
- Thinking of including coffee in my diet since the only caffeine I get is from my AM REDuction
* Note: Got Salvia burps (rare for me) and almost threw up earlier
- Lean burger and steak + some broccoli for the rest of the day
- 3.5 miles in 30 min moderate cardio on nature trail (essentially quick jogging)
- BCAA's and a couple White Flood tablets beforehand (out of a sample pack)
*Note: Plain BCAA's taste like bitter butt.
- Feeling good -- cardio is getting easier and no carb-cravings
- Rained like a bitch here today so I only got in about 15 minutes of shooting drills
- Muscles nice and sore from heavy squats and presses yesterday
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Subscribed....your weight loss looks very consistent so far and the last time I did a similar diet I had great success....good luck!
04-30-2009, 12:48 PM
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM
This is a day late cause I forgot to post it yesterday; today's will up later on.
- Standard diet -- meats, cheeses, eggs, and a little fish throughout the day
- Steak for dinner & some whip-cream for dessert
* Note: Had some Brie cheese and actually loved it (didn't think I would)
- 4 miles; 35 min moderate cardio on nature trail (fasted)
- BCAAs before and after; Crystal Light helps me out here
- 30 min shooting drills later on in the day
- Got a free sample of Arson (lulz) so I tried that out and didn't notice anything
* Note: Legs are sore as **** -- I'll be moving squats to my Su training session
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
How do you sweeten your whipped cream? I was using the splenda baking but notice the maltodextrin in and thought that would be counterproductive. Subbed here need all the knowledge I can get.
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Also, are you saying there is maltodextrin in the Splenda powder? or just the baking stuff that you have? I gotta watch out for that **** then since I'm a Splenda fan.
05-01-2009, 02:43 AM
- AM cardio today -- 3.5 miles in 30 minutes
- BCAAs before and after (~6g before and 6g after)
- 30 min shooting drills.
*Note: Run with my eyes closed when I get tired -- so close to running into a deer jumping across the trail.
- Thought about lifting today but didn't have the energy to do it.
- Beef Roast, sausages, broccoli, cheeses, salad, turkey breast, and whipped cream sums up my day pretty well.
- Got some carb-cravings today but didn't cave thank god.
05-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Not sure about all the splenda products but I bought the granulated thats cup for cup sugar replacment for baking. The main ingredients are maltodextrin and sucralose. I have heard of some new stevia products that are pretty good as far as flavor goes. I am going to look for some of those.
05-01-2009, 02:07 PM
One thing I used for sweet cravings other than sugar free jello was crystal light candies. Taste great and give you the fix.
05-01-2009, 07:40 PM
05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
05-02-2009, 02:59 AM
- Let's see; AM cardio again (yay) -- 3 miles in 30 minutes (way hotter than normal here today + fasted + 5th low-carb day = pain).
- Hadn't eaten for almost 11 hours when I did my cardio (I know, but it just worked out that way) so I dosed BCAAs a little higher -- 10g before and 5g after).
- 30 min shooting drills.
- Lifted back and bis roughly 7 hours after cardio and tore it the **** up.
*Note: Bought Haulin' Hooks the other day and, I'm not gonna lie, I can pull more now without doubt and rocked my back -- a good investment
- And the diet -- coffee in the AM sweetened with Stevia
* Note: Stevia is the ****
- Foods include Ribs, burger twice (80/20), brie, broccoli, whey post-WO, and whipped cream.
* Note: Not very hungry today? and no strong carb-cravings? I think it might have to do with the coffee and the weight session..
05-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Nice log mate, I like the truncated style, makes it pretty easy to read.
Can't believe you're existing on 1500kcal...I would be eating the wallpaper by now!
05-03-2009, 02:39 PM
- Refeed today which I was surprisingly unenthusiastic about.
*Note: Weighed in at 189.5 pre-carb load.
*Note: You want carbs the most when you can't have them and vice versa.
- Some pizza, bagel, breads, pasta, cereals, couple sweets, whey, turkey, and various other dishes made up my day.
- Trained chest and shoulders; Decline BB Press, then several sets to failure on weighted push-ups on the power tower bars. Standing Military BB Press; Front Raises (actually almost across my chest); Rear Delt Raises.
- 50g Dex, 35g whey postWO.
- No extended cardio today which was nice because my hams are a bit sore, but did drills for about 30 min.
05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
05-04-2009, 01:17 AM
- Today was kind of a hybrid as I switched back into low-carb mode.
*Note: Weighed in at 193.5 post-carb load -- 4 pound swing in glycogen as I am constantly hydrated
- Had grain cereal when I woke up, an english muffin + whey a few hours later, and dextrose + whey post-workout. After that, I had a ****ing terrific steak for dinner, and a piece of sausage and cheese a few hours later.
*Note: Since I'm not on a deadline or anything, I included carbs around this session for the anabolic impact and am not too worried about it affecting my fat burning for the rest of the week.
- Trained arms today (I have done an arms day in months); overhead triceps extension SS w/ hammer curls; dips SS w/ BB curls; skulls SS w/ 1-arm preacher curls.
- 50g dex; 35g whey post-workout.
- 40 minutes shooting drills today.
*Note: No extended cardio today -- sessions resuming tomorrow (yay).
05-05-2009, 10:16 PM
- started my summer job today which takes up a ton of my time
- small amount of bacon, sausage, cheese, lean burger, and turkey today
*Note: reports are becoming kind of redundant as there can only be so much variation day-to-day
- 30 min fasted cardio
- trained back; pulldowns, neutral-grip pull-ups, australian pull-ups
*Note: super-tired today
- I have to get up at 5:30 and began transitioning into that sleeping pattern (rough)
- cheese, turkey, lean burger, popcorn, and a few hot dogs today
- No training or cardio today (worked 11 hours and was just too tired)
05-06-2009, 06:37 PM
05-07-2009, 01:41 AM
05-08-2009, 01:10 AM
5.5.09 - Current
- After almost 4 weeks and roughly 9 pounds of fat, I'm transitioning into a moderate-carb diet in order to reintroduce carbs back into my life.
- Diet will shift from 50f/45p/5c to the more traditional 20f/40p/40c.
*Note: Fruits, whole grains, and lean(er) cuts of meat will be my primary food choices.
- Training will focus more on weights as opposed to cardio, but I'll still include it intermittently throughout the week.
- I'll still update this log occasionally; maybe even frequently -- although the emphasis has shifted away from an all out-cut and more towards recomp/very lean mass gain temporarily.
05-08-2009, 01:10 AM
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By EagleEye in forum BulkingReplies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:02 PM
- By thebigt in forum Get Diesel NutritionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-09-2006, 08:47 AM
- By jjm in forum Weight LossReplies: 20Last Post: 09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
- By TheRifleman in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:25 PM