Cutting program.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.39%

Cutting program.

I'm currently on a cuttng program I gone from 24.9-20.4 just under 3 months, I would like to step it up a gear does anyone know of good cutting programs out there and yes my diet is in place

At the moment I don't train legs while cutting as I wont be able to run on them otherwise, causing over training and not great preformance during cardio.

I would like to add in some supersets and some compound movements. I have thought about doing high rep training 1 week and the next week lower rep range, including 1 failure set every 2 days.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.92%

hmm nice. I don't really work my legs either to the fact I like to do my cardio as well. Supersets are fine have u tried something like hiit or circuit training?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.39%

I do HIIT running for no longer than 20 minutes in the mornings..
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would suggest mixing up your rep range throughout the week. For instance on Monday and Friday do 8x3, while on Tuesday and Thursday do 3x10-12. This will provide good good variation of hypotrophy, so that you not only maintain size and strength but also lose a fair amount of fat.

Train your legs. Working your legs should really come before running, even if you have to cut out cardio. Deadlifts and squats are amazing compound movements that do wonders for fat loss, strength and muscle gain. They are the super movements of weight lifting, IMO . Your effects will be greater with weight lifting and a little bit of cardio rather than cardio and a little weight lifting. Diet is the most important thing though, as I'm sure you know.

And what about your supplementation? It is important to be getting proper nutrition while working out. BCAAs are a must in my book. A couple grams of crystalized Vitamin C intra and post workout are great for reducing cortisol.

There are some great fat-burners out there as well that would help speed up your fat-loss process.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.39%

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    I would suggest mixing up your rep range throughout the week. For instance on Monday and Friday do 8x3, while on Tuesday and Thursday do 3x10-12. This will provide good good variation of hypotrophy, so that you not only maintain size and strength but also lose a fair amount of fat.

Train your legs. Working your legs should really come before running, even if you have to cut out cardio. Deadlifts and squats are amazing compound movements that do wonders for fat loss, strength and muscle gain. They are the super movements of weight lifting, IMO . Your effects will be greater with weight lifting and a little bit of cardio rather than cardio and a little weight lifting. Diet is the most important thing though, as I'm sure you know.

And what about your supplementation? It is important to be getting proper nutrition while working out. BCAAs are a must in my book. A couple grams of crystalized Vitamin C intra and post workout are great for reducing cortisol.

There are some great fat-burners out there as well that would help speed up your fat-loss process.
    supplements are EPA/DHA 3gs daily
    ALC 2gs
    ALA 500mg
    multivit
    + whey and casien

You think extra BCAA should be added in daily? I take ON whey 100% Gold 3 times daily. How much BCAA should be added in 10g during my work out?
    Crystalized Vitamin C before training? i never heard of that I have been trying to get my cortisol levels lower!
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would suggest 3-5 g of leucine with 3 or 4 meals a day. Because you are on a cut I would actually suggest around 15-25 grams of BCAA's intra workout. They will really help you maintain muscle and possibly even gain a bit on your calorie deficit. I have been using a product called Essentials by AI intra workout. It contains BCAAs as well as a vitamin complex and you can even buy it with joint support.

Yes, Vitamin C is can lower cortisol levels at higher doses, and it is fairly inexpensive. I use crystalized because it mixes well in my intra workout shake, but I'm sure that taking a tablet or two before working out would be fine. You could do 2-3 grams before or during lifting.

If you would like to go more hard core than vit C for cortisol suppression, IBE makes a quality product called X-Lean. Its also a non-stim that would help you with burning fat. To be fair, I am a rep for IBE. But I do believe this product is solid.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.16%

I think you are making a big mistake by not training your legs! As already mentioned squats and deadlifts involve a huge number of muscle groups and probably have a greater effect on your overall metabolism/fat loss than anything other than maybe sprints. I would make a concerted effort to include these exercises in your program if I was you.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cutting program- thoughts?
    By nab0610 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 11:09 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 09:23 PM