1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.16%

I Gained 15lbs in about 3 Days.

Lol.

As of this past thursday I was a solid 165lbs (home scale & bodpod evaluation) and 12%bf. Headed out afterwards thursday on a vacation with the family for the weekend. After several months of strict dieting, last week I found myself totally burned out...so I told myself I would take this long weekend "off" and not count calories, stress too much over macros, etc. There wasnt a gym accessible anyway so this was 4 full days OFF. Vacation is my wife and both our families, and is one of those where everyone cooks like its Thanksgiving

Well, I didnt necessarily eat like a madman, but I certainly exceeded Mx calories every day in eating 3 monster cooked meals a day, with a snack or two in between (the occasional cookie or brownie my wife made.) Lots of fantastic meats, veggies, potatoes, etc. I also drank maybe 8-10 beers throughout the course of the 4 days.

Now I knew I would probably gain a lb or 3, and had accepted that mentally. I also knew that coming off the cut that my water retention was low as well as glycogen stores...so I figured I would gain a few lbs there (that could be dropped in a day or two.) I told myself that I couldnt step on the scale until next sunday after a full week in the gym, as that would give me a more accurate idea of where Im at. I broke down. Just for grins I stepped on the scale this afternoon before catching a shower.

180lbs.

I damn near threw up all over myself. I know I gained a ton of water weight...but how much water weight and weight gain can one person achieve in a long weekend? Even with 10lbs of water weight, that leaves around 5lbs of weight gain. Theres about 3500 cals in 1lb of bodyfat right? That would mean that I had to have eaten my maintenance calories PLUS about 17,500 cals in the past 4 days. There is no way. Either way...lesson learned.

Still...Ill be curious to see where I weigh in at the end of the week. Im going to get back in rhythm first thing tomorrow morning. I still have a goal of hitting single digit bodyfat by summertime. Hopefully I didnt just put that out of range. Way to go fatty.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You'd be suprised...I bet you end up right down at 165 again within 7 - 10 days...
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pilot View Post
    Lol.

As of this past thursday I was a solid 165lbs (home scale & bodpod evaluation) and 12%bf. Headed out afterwards thursday on a vacation with the family for the weekend. After several months of strict dieting, last week I found myself totally burned out...so I told myself I would take this long weekend "off" and not count calories, stress too much over macros, etc. There wasnt a gym accessible anyway so this was 4 full days OFF. Vacation is my wife and both our families, and is one of those where everyone cooks like its Thanksgiving

Well, I didnt necessarily eat like a madman, but I certainly exceeded Mx calories every day in eating 3 monster cooked meals a day, with a snack or two in between (the occasional cookie or brownie my wife made.) Lots of fantastic meats, veggies, potatoes, etc. I also drank maybe 8-10 beers throughout the course of the 4 days.

Now I knew I would probably gain a lb or 3, and had accepted that mentally. I also knew that coming off the cut that my water retention was low as well as glycogen stores...so I figured I would gain a few lbs there (that could be dropped in a day or two.) I told myself that I couldnt step on the scale until next sunday after a full week in the gym, as that would give me a more accurate idea of where Im at. I broke down. Just for grins I stepped on the scale this afternoon before catching a shower.

180lbs.

I damn near threw up all over myself. I know I gained a ton of water weight...but how much water weight and weight gain can one person achieve in a long weekend? Even with 10lbs of water weight, that leaves around 5lbs of weight gain. Theres about 3500 cals in 1lb of bodyfat right? That would mean that I had to have eaten my maintenance calories PLUS about 17,500 cals in the past 4 days. There is no way. Either way...lesson learned.

Still...Ill be curious to see where I weigh in at the end of the week. Im going to get back in rhythm first thing tomorrow morning. I still have a goal of hitting single digit bodyfat by summertime. Hopefully I didnt just put that out of range. Way to go fatty.

I wouldn't sweat it. I have gained as much as 10 lbs after a 48 hr carb refeed. Like you said, you didn't eat enough calories to gain that much fat.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.2%

You probably gained only a few pounds with the rest being water.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.16%

I would assume you are all correct...and if you are, beers on me in a few weeks when I come off the cut!
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

yeah, dont forget just digestive tract difference, you can just about count on pooping out 2-3 of those pounds as you go back to lower food intake. between that, glycogen, water, etc you might be up 1-2 real pounds
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.67%

hit the gym hard for a good week to ten days with alot of cardio and it will come off same thing happened to me about a month ago.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gotta lose 10-15lbs of fat... What to take?
    By Machwon1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
  2. lost 15lbs in 1 week...
    By lemon in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 07:03 AM
  3. >>>the Right Way To Gain 10-15lbs In 15 Days With The One!!!<<<
    By Rosie Chee in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
  4. Gain 10-15lbs...w/o fat face????