velocity diet - fish oil and protein questions

  1. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    velocity diet - fish oil and protein questions


    Hi guys, just some quick questions about the velocity diet. I want to test my mettle and see if I could go through with this diet. But I have a little confusion about it


    1. How many fish oil caps do I need to take a day? If I take more then 3-4 I start to get instant pimples on my face. I see some people taking 15 a day, that's pretty much impossible for me. Are there any alternatives?

    2. T-nation is such a biotest whore. But I don't want to buy 13 tubs of some over priced protein that has micellar casein. I've 3kg of WPI and 3kg of WPC natural, unflavoured whey. Will this do as a substitute?

    Thanks

  2. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11114
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    For fish oil, I say go liquid.
    You get more fish oil per serving, and it's much easier to deal with. The liquids are usually flavored too so there's no issue with repeat. 1 tsp of the liquid I take replaces 3-4 softgels.

    As for protein, I suppose they're saying casein because it may be more filling and serve you better before bedtime. I say try it, the worst thing that happens is that you quick 4 days in like me. I couldn't tough out that diet bro, good luck to you.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. New Member
    GXbcmFTO's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    63.89%

    All the Whey has Lean & Fit, 5lbs for $32.99 @ Nutraplanet, it is also a 50/50 blend of Casein/Whey. I do agree that the Biotest Metabolic Drive Low Carb is retardedly expensive!

    ~GX
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1265
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I used 1 scoop Casein, 1 scoop Whey.

    As far as alternatives to fish oil, you could add the equivalent in Olive Oil to a shake.
  5. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    The problem with the fish oil is not that I can't ingest them, it's after a certain amount of fish oil i just start to get pimples

    I'm in australia so I can't get any of your cheap US protein goodness. I might try to buy some casein in australia, but I doubt there are any good prices around.

    Can't i just take WPC? It's more filling then WPI right?

    Anyhow i'll keep the olive oil idea in mind

    I might start it in a week or so and i'll report back on how it goes. Don't know how long i'll be able to keep it up for, with my unfilling protein and all :P
  6. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1265
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    The problem with the fish oil is not that I can't ingest them, it's after a certain amount of fish oil i just start to get pimples

    I'm in australia so I can't get any of your cheap US protein goodness. I might try to buy some casein in australia, but I doubt there are any good prices around.

    Can't i just take WPC? It's more filling then WPI right?

    Anyhow i'll keep the olive oil idea in mind

    I might start it in a week or so and i'll report back on how it goes. Don't know how long i'll be able to keep it up for, with my unfilling protein and all :P

    Whey alone will not cut it. Lots of people have tried it without success. You need casein of some kind, otherwise you won't have a satiated feeling, which will kill you after the first few days.
  7. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    Ah I see, I'll definitely try to get some then.

    Thanks again

    edit: I just had a look and I can get some of ON's Casein $60/1kg. I might try and do a day with just WPC and see how I feel. If I think I can tide myself over with the help of casein then ill get some. Other then that, it'd be too expensive to buy casein in Aus.

    I buy the rest of my protein in bulk, and for $60 I can get 3kg of WPC Damn
  8. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1265
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    Ah I see, I'll definitely try to get some then.

    Thanks again

    edit: I just had a look and I can get some of ON's Casein $60/1kg. I might try and do a day with just WPC and see how I feel. If I think I can tide myself over with the help of casein then ill get some. Other then that, it'd be too expensive to buy casein in Aus.

    I buy the rest of my protein in bulk, and for $60 I can get 3kg of WPC Damn
    Wow, thats expensive. Look into maybe egg protein or anything other than whey. Whey is good post workout, but not a meal replacement.
  9. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    Jeez, I don't even know where I can buy that. I see 90% whey, and 10% micellar casein.

    I guess soy is bad right?
  10. New Member
    crazym's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    142
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

    maybe try syntrax 5.0 if you can get it, or dymatize 12 hour, im over your side of the world (nz) and can get quite a few things at decent prices.
  11. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    MOD EDIT: Please do not post retail links
  12. New Member
    crazym's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    142
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    86.19%

    yeah like that, its a multi protein blend, does have a small amount of soy protein but its pretty minimal. Tastes good and mixes thick, imo anyway.
  13. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    is that a pretty average price for what you get in NZ?

    Have you been using it for meal replacement too/
  14. New Member
    conan1071's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    318
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    29.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    Hi guys, just some quick questions about the velocity diet. I want to test my mettle and see if I could go through with this diet. But I have a little confusion about it


    1. How many fish oil caps do I need to take a day? If I take more then 3-4 I start to get instant pimples on my face. I see some people taking 15 a day, that's pretty much impossible for me. Are there any alternatives?

    2. T-nation is such a biotest whore. But I don't want to buy 13 tubs of some over priced protein that has micellar casein. I've 3kg of WPI and 3kg of WPC natural, unflavoured whey. Will this do as a substitute?

    Thanks
    I emailed the person on t nation who promotes this diet and told him that i have a dairy allergy and can not do the milk based proteins, would this be OK? HE wrote back in all caps, if you cant use the products stated in the diet dont do it because it wont work.. HAHA

    You can use any combo of whey isolate and casein or use xtreme formulations ultra peptide 2.0
  15. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    does it matter if the casein is micellar casein or calcium caseinate?
  16. New Member
    BifWebster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    232
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by GXbcmFTO View Post
    All the Whey has Lean & Fit, 5lbs for $32.99 @ Nutraplanet, it is also a 50/50 blend of Casein/Whey. I do agree that the Biotest Metabolic Drive Low Carb is retardedly expensive!

    ~GX
    Got me excited about that protein.
    But no, there is no casein in there.
    Its whey protein isolate and fiber.
  17. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why are you doing the velocity diet at your height and weight? Aren't you small enough already?
  18. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    Do you ever post anything useful in this section? The breadth of your knowledge seems to stem at 'don't bother' and peak at 'i can do it better'. I would say most of it falls under the umbrella of either attention seeking, or inflammatory.

    I understand your complex must be difficult to control, but maybe you should just try just a little bit harder. Or actually post something useful, you know it works for everyone else on this board.

    I'll humour your question, pathetic as it may be. Which diet I choose to follow, or ask about is my business. I feel that I should lose some fat, and I have a period of time to myself with as little distraction as possible before I move onto working full time with a hectic schedule of commuting and try to impress the boss so I can get a graduate job. I want to try something new, and I've read that fat inhibits testosterone. Of course everyone knows it's just generally bad for you.

    If i don't do the diet now, then I will just start CKD. The issue is, I want to give it a go. and I am only inquiring about the details of it now. So take your useless posts somewhere else.
  19. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by walugi View Post
    Do you ever post anything useful in this section? The breadth of your knowledge seems to stem at 'don't bother' and peak at 'i can do it better'. I would say most of it falls under the umbrella of either attention seeking, or inflammatory.

    I understand your complex must be difficult to control, but maybe you should just try just a little bit harder. Or actually post something useful, you know it works for everyone else on this board.

    I'll humour your question, pathetic as it may be. Which diet I choose to follow, or ask about is my business. I feel that I should lose some fat, and I have a period of time to myself with as little distraction as possible before I move onto working full time with a hectic schedule of commuting and try to impress the boss so I can get a graduate job. I want to try something new, and I've read that fat inhibits testosterone. Of course everyone knows it's just generally bad for you.

    If i don't do the diet now, then I will just start CKD. The issue is, I want to give it a go. and I am only inquiring about the details of it now. So take your useless posts somewhere else.
    Jesus H. Christ. You could have just said that. Do you want me to fedex you some tampons? I apologies if my inquiries about to your plan aren't soft or pleasant enough for you.
  20. New Member
    GXbcmFTO's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    63.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by BifWebster View Post
    Got me excited about that protein.
    But no, there is no casein in there.
    Its whey protein isolate and fiber.
    Actually there IS, NP may not have the updated label.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus ATW View Post
    LEAN AND FIT IS 50% ISO AND 50% MC. Great question!!!
    Quote taken from this thread

    And all it took was going to the All the Whey section to find this info.....

    ~GX
  21. New Member
    walugi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  88 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    199
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    72.03%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Jesus H. Christ. You could have just said that. Do you want me to fedex you some tampons? I apologies if my inquiries about to your plan aren't soft or pleasant enough for you.
    You can try but that would result in 2 things

    1. Cost of fedex to australia for something an heavy as tampons probably $30 atleast
    2. chances of customs detaining it for 3 weeks 95%

    Apology accepted.

    Anyway, is there any point in trying this if i cant take in that much fish oil?
  22. New Member
    pinchharmonic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    216
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    41.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait View Post
    Whey alone will not cut it. Lots of people have tried it without success. You need casein of some kind, otherwise you won't have a satiated feeling, which will kill you after the first few days.
    i thought the same thing as you, but everywhere I read (well flex, MD, muscle fitness) says contrary to intuition:

    casein does not make you feel full, whey does.
  23. Registered User
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    1265
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    69.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pinchharmonic View Post
    i thought the same thing as you, but everywhere I read (well flex, MD, muscle fitness) says contrary to intuition:

    casein does not make you feel full, whey does.
    Well, I did the diet for two weeks. I can tell you that in my experience whey will not fill you up. You need casein and fiber supplementation.

    Where in those magazines did you read that whey fills you up better than casein?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  2. Velocity Diet! I Think I am going to do it!
    By oxman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
  3. ATW Velocity Diet +++
    By 01yz426 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 11:07 PM
  4. Questions about velocity diet
    By C0rk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 01:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in