Critique my diet, please?

  1. New Member
    joshgruen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    77
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    13.17%

    Critique my diet, please?


    wake up-
    1/2 serving of "muscle milk light" (casein)-100cal
    3g fat
    5.5 carbs (.5 fiber and 1 sugar)
    12.5g protein

    breakfast-
    1 cup oatmeal-300cal
    6g fat
    54 carbs (8 fiber, 2 sugar)
    1 banana-80 cal

    mid-morning snack
    myoplex bar-390cal
    20g fat
    29g carb (3 fiber 8 sugar, 11 sugar alcohols)
    30 protein
    lunch-
    peanut butter-sandwich
    2 wheat-bread-70 cal
    1g fat
    18 carb (6 fiber 1 sugar)
    5 protein
    2 tbsp pb-180cal
    16g fat
    6 carb (2 fiber 3 sugar)
    7g protein

    afternoon snack-
    2tbsp almonds-190cal
    16g fat
    5 carb (3 fiber 2 sugar)
    5g protein

    preworkout-
    whey protein drink-100cal
    1.5g fat
    6g carb (1 fiber 4 sugar)
    protein-17g

    post workout-
    1/2 serving muscle milk-100cal
    3g fat
    5.5 carbs (.5 fiber and 1 sugar)
    12.5g protein

    dinner-
    chicken breast(with seasoning)- 180 cal
    4.5g fat
    35g protein
    1 apple-80cal
    carrots-40 cal


    pre-bed-
    1/2 serving of "muscle milk light" (casein)-100cal
    3g fat
    5.5 carbs (.5 fiber and 1 sugar)
    12.5g protein

    total:1930...but theres no way i eat that little. its at least 2500 calories per day

    other information:
    lift 2 days, cardio 2 days, lift 2 days, cardio 2 days, etc.
    6'1" 170 lbs.

    no supplements but am looking into a few
    also, any drink mixes that would be highly reccomended?

  2. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    wake up-
    1/2 serving of "muscle milk light" (casein)-100cal
    3g fat
    5.5 carbs (.5 fiber and 1 sugar)
    12.5g protein
    I'd say drop the Muscle Milk. Get yourself some straight whey protein and have a shake with a little fruit.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    breakfast-
    1 cup oatmeal-300cal
    6g fat
    54 carbs (8 fiber, 2 sugar)
    1 banana-80 cal
    Why isn't this with your shake?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    mid-morning snack
    myoplex bar-390cal
    20g fat
    29g carb (3 fiber 8 sugar, 11 sugar alcohols)
    30 protein
    Dump the bar, slam a shake.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    lunch-
    peanut butter-sandwich
    2 wheat-bread-70 cal
    1g fat
    18 carb (6 fiber 1 sugar)
    5 protein
    2 tbsp pb-180cal
    16g fat
    6 carb (2 fiber 3 sugar)
    7g protein
    Add some MEAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    afternoon snack-
    2tbsp almonds-190cal
    16g fat
    5 carb (3 fiber 2 sugar)
    5g protein
    Nothing wrong with this

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    preworkout-
    whey protein drink-100cal
    1.5g fat
    6g carb (1 fiber 4 sugar)
    protein-17g
    Add some more protein and put some carbs in here. WMS or Oatmeal.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    post workout-
    1/2 serving muscle milk-100cal
    3g fat
    5.5 carbs (.5 fiber and 1 sugar)
    12.5g protein
    Same as last comment


    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    dinner-
    chicken breast(with seasoning)- 180 cal
    4.5g fat
    35g protein
    1 apple-80cal
    carrots-40 cal
    Dump the apple and carrots, toss in some black beans and a salad or asparagus.




    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    pre-bed-
    1/2 serving of "muscle milk light" (casein)-100cal
    3g fat
    5.5 carbs (.5 fiber and 1 sugar)
    12.5g protein
    Casein shake here.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshgruen View Post
    total:1930...but theres no way i eat that little. its at least 2500 calories per day

    other information:
    lift 2 days, cardio 2 days, lift 2 days, cardio 2 days, etc.
    6'1" 170 lbs.

    no supplements but am looking into a few
    also, any drink mixes that would be highly reccomended?
    Overall you need to eat more whole foods. Get rid of so many of the meal replacement. Add more protein from the source of chicken, beef, or fish. Add more carbs in the form of whole grains. Fats are fine where they are.

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Please Critique my Diet
    By Jeff5886 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 11:41 AM
  2. CKD Diet Critique
    By OCCFan023 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM
  3. Critique my Diet
    By Testudo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
  4. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
  5. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in