I Stalled out

gotmoobs

Awards
I been working out for 4 months now, i am 6ft, 236 pounds. When i started working out I was 267 pounds. I work out 5 days a week, play basketball in the gym 15-20 minutes and then run for 30 minutes to 45 minutes on the tread mill, then i do about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of heavy lifting. My breakfast everyday is turkey egg whites, lettece, and onions wrap. lunch usually is something with chicken in it, and protien drink, and dinner is usually whatever my mom makes me, either pasta steak, etc. I been stuck at 236 for a month now, i see myself putting more and more weight up, and im thinning out a little, but i cannot lose weight. I dont know what to do. I cut my calories, and i dont have energy go thru the day. I wake up at about 5am, get out ofwork at 3-330pm get out of the gym at like 630, and i goto sleep at about 12-1. someone help me

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
first.....get more sleep!!!
second.....good work on dropping 31lbs in 4 months!
thrid......sounds like you are adding muscle. scale weight isn't always the best indicator of improvement.
fourth.......when you cut your calories the lethargy is usually temporary. your body will adjust if you give it a week or so. tough it out if you want to keep losing weight. ....oh, and get more sleep!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
first.....get more sleep!!!
second.....good work on dropping 31lbs in 4 months!
thrid......sounds like you are adding muscle. scale weight isn't always the best indicator of improvement.
fourth.......when you cut your calories the lethargy is usually temporary. your body will adjust if you give it a week or so. tough it out if you want to keep losing weight.
Listen to abercrombie here. About how many cals do you get in a day? How many meals? Could be as simple as getting more meals in.

Adams

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How many calories are you eating?

Try absolutely pigging out for 3 or 4 days. Sometimes that will reignite the oven.

gotmoobs

Awards
hey, thanks for answering ,i take in 3 meals a day, 2 protien shakes. pig out for 3-4 days? its pretty hard to do that now lol. I wish I could get more sleep, my job is very demanding, i probly put in 2000 cals a day. decent ammount of protien, and i try hard to stay away from bad fats, i take a multi, vaso, fish oil, and hydroxicut before the gym. Ive taken Jungle warefare before with good results as well.

Kalakbar

Awards
It sounds like you are not getting enough sleep and food. Five hours a night is not enough with the amount of physical activity you're getting!

One of the best things you can do for your weight loss is to have a cheat meal once in a while. For some it's weekly, others monthly, but giving your body a burst of calories and nutrients can help fire up your metabolism again. Remember, if you're not getting enough calories, you might slip into starvation mode.

I know about starvation mode. I lived there for about a year while I went from nearly 400 lbs down to 200 lbs. Of course, I had the muscles of an 8 year old girl when I was 200 lbs, but still ... :p

Regards,
Matt.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
hey, thanks for answering ,i take in 3 meals a day, 2 protien shakes. pig out for 3-4 days? its pretty hard to do that now lol. I wish I could get more sleep, my job is very demanding, i probly put in 2000 cals a day. decent ammount of protien, and i try hard to stay away from bad fats, i take a multi, vaso, fish oil, and hydroxicut before the gym. Ive taken Jungle warefare before with good results as well.
IMO 2000k calories isn't nearly enough for your weight. I weigh 205ish and am cutting with 2500-2600 calories. Use 12x your body weight to find a general guideline for calories you should be eating while cutting.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
im around 250lbs~ and my cut is gunna have me at 2800-3000.. im excited.... good job with the 31lbs!!

gotmoobs

Awards
thats a lot of cals. i have to eat more to lose more?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
thats a lot of cals. i have to eat more to lose more?
No, you eat more to loss weight efficiently. If you nose dive your calories your body will bounce back once you're off your diet and you'll gain the weight back. Slow and steady.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes, plus the weight loss isn't a race :) so loosing 1lb a week consistently over 8-12 months is better than loosing 2.5lbs a week for 3 months and then stalling out, and feeling like crap the whole time. Also by being only 500-700 cals below maintenance, you do learn how you will need to eat the rest of your life to stay at that weight.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
listen to easy....he is very experienced in the field of rapid weight loss.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 22
Anabolics 87
Anabolics 3
ELo Anabolics 2
Training Forum 67