I Stalled out - AnabolicMinds.com

I Stalled out

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

Unhappy I Stalled out

I been working out for 4 months now, i am 6ft, 236 pounds. When i started working out I was 267 pounds. I work out 5 days a week, play basketball in the gym 15-20 minutes and then run for 30 minutes to 45 minutes on the tread mill, then i do about 1 to 1 1/2 hours of heavy lifting. My breakfast everyday is turkey egg whites, lettece, and onions wrap. lunch usually is something with chicken in it, and protien drink, and dinner is usually whatever my mom makes me, either pasta steak, etc. I been stuck at 236 for a month now, i see myself putting more and more weight up, and im thinning out a little, but i cannot lose weight. I dont know what to do. I cut my calories, and i dont have energy go thru the day. I wake up at about 5am, get out ofwork at 3-330pm get out of the gym at like 630, and i goto sleep at about 12-1. someone help me

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

first.....get more sleep!!!
    second.....good work on dropping 31lbs in 4 months!
    thrid......sounds like you are adding muscle. scale weight isn't always the best indicator of improvement.
    fourth.......when you cut your calories the lethargy is usually temporary. your body will adjust if you give it a week or so. tough it out if you want to keep losing weight. ....oh, and get more sleep!
  3. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    first.....get more sleep!!!
    second.....good work on dropping 31lbs in 4 months!
    thrid......sounds like you are adding muscle. scale weight isn't always the best indicator of improvement.
    fourth.......when you cut your calories the lethargy is usually temporary. your body will adjust if you give it a week or so. tough it out if you want to keep losing weight.
    Listen to abercrombie here. About how many cals do you get in a day? How many meals? Could be as simple as getting more meals in.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

4. Professional Member

How many calories are you eating?

Try absolutely pigging out for 3 or 4 days. Sometimes that will reignite the oven.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

hey, thanks for answering ,i take in 3 meals a day, 2 protien shakes. pig out for 3-4 days? its pretty hard to do that now lol. I wish I could get more sleep, my job is very demanding, i probly put in 2000 cals a day. decent ammount of protien, and i try hard to stay away from bad fats, i take a multi, vaso, fish oil, and hydroxicut before the gym. Ive taken Jungle warefare before with good results as well.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  266 lbs.

It sounds like you are not getting enough sleep and food. Five hours a night is not enough with the amount of physical activity you're getting!

One of the best things you can do for your weight loss is to have a cheat meal once in a while. For some it's weekly, others monthly, but giving your body a burst of calories and nutrients can help fire up your metabolism again. Remember, if you're not getting enough calories, you might slip into starvation mode.

I know about starvation mode. I lived there for about a year while I went from nearly 400 lbs down to 200 lbs. Of course, I had the muscles of an 8 year old girl when I was 200 lbs, but still ...

Regards,
    Matt.
  7. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by gotmoobs View Post
    hey, thanks for answering ,i take in 3 meals a day, 2 protien shakes. pig out for 3-4 days? its pretty hard to do that now lol. I wish I could get more sleep, my job is very demanding, i probly put in 2000 cals a day. decent ammount of protien, and i try hard to stay away from bad fats, i take a multi, vaso, fish oil, and hydroxicut before the gym. Ive taken Jungle warefare before with good results as well.
    IMO 2000k calories isn't nearly enough for your weight. I weigh 205ish and am cutting with 2500-2600 calories. Use 12x your body weight to find a general guideline for calories you should be eating while cutting.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.

im around 250lbs~ and my cut is gunna have me at 2800-3000.. im excited.... good job with the 31lbs!!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

thats a lot of cals. i have to eat more to lose more?
  10. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by gotmoobs View Post
    thats a lot of cals. i have to eat more to lose more?
    No, you eat more to loss weight efficiently. If you nose dive your calories your body will bounce back once you're off your diet and you'll gain the weight back. Slow and steady.
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yes, plus the weight loss isn't a race so loosing 1lb a week consistently over 8-12 months is better than loosing 2.5lbs a week for 3 months and then stalling out, and feeling like crap the whole time. Also by being only 500-700 cals below maintenance, you do learn how you will need to eat the rest of your life to stay at that weight.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

listen to easy....he is very experienced in the field of rapid weight loss.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stalled order
    By Torobestia in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 11:25 PM
  2. stalled weight loss
    By Blownkbgt in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 09:32 PM