1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.24%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

has anyone ever tried yerba mate?

i have read articles about it on and off for about two years and i like the benefits that people experience..ie,,,energy,focus, and weightloss. some say it is even better than green tea in regards to weightloss. also, it is found(in trace amounts) in some fat burners. i believe it is from brazil or paraguay in s.america and is consumed with a special straw. i love green tea and am interested in giving this a shot.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well if you have read more good reviews than bad reviews give it a shot. and once you've experimented with it post up on here and share your thoughts ^^
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yeah dude just try it , its cheap

its like green tea wont do anything crazy for fat loss.
    its kind of like the difference between green tea energy and coffe energy. its similar but different to those
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.24%

Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    yeah dude just try it , its cheap

its like green tea wont do anything crazy for fat loss.
    its kind of like the difference between green tea energy and coffe energy. its similar but different to those
    im gunna pick some up this weekend. vitamin shoppe sells it. since i hate coffee i need something for a pick me up. i seem to lose too much muscle on fat burners as well. so this maybe a good alternative. i'll keep you all posted.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Don't get me started at how much I love Yeba. I don't drink coffee anymore because of it! It has chemicals in it naturally that inhibit the negative effects of caffeine (vasoconstriction) while still provided the positive effects. It has multiple Xanthines in it and it helps with digestion. I makes me in a very good mood. I buy the loose tea. You think you are a Shaman, no I am Shaman!
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.93%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I am an avid fan of Yerba Mate. The yerba culture is really cool as well. I ALSO believe in favor of the huge debate: "Does yerba mate contain caffeine or mateine?" It gives a mood enhancement and lots of energy. If you drink the concentrated yerba mate from a legit importer, you'll get pretty high off of it.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I am an avid fan of Yerba Mate. The yerba culture is really cool as well. I ALSO believe in favor of the huge debate: "Does yerba mate contain caffeine or mateine?" It gives a mood enhancement and lots of energy. If you drink the concentrated yerba mate from a legit importer, you'll get pretty high off of it.
    It does have caffeine. Mateine is another name for caffeine. Erowid has some info on this as well. Never heard of the concentrated, I will have to look into that. I also read that Yerba can be smoked.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    It does have caffeine. Mateine is another name for caffeine. Erowid has some info on this as well. Never heard of the concentrated, I will have to look into that. I also read that Yerba can be smoked.
    Hyde, good call on the 'smoking' part. haha! The debate is on whether caffeine is the same as mateine AND there could be a great possibility that the other methylxanthines play the role of off-setting the negatives of the caffeine. However, I tend to believe the doctors and scientists who have concluded that mateine is NOT caffeine. There's no marketing gimmick for mateine either.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hyde, good call on the 'smoking' part. haha! The debate is on whether caffeine is the same as mateine AND there could be a great possibility that the other methylxanthines play the role of off-setting the negatives of the caffeine. However, I tend to believe the doctors and scientists who have concluded that mateine is NOT caffeine. There's no marketing gimmick for mateine either.
    Something is different in Yerba Mate for sure. I feel a lot better after drinking this than I do coffee. Plus, it makes me super regular lol
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.93%

Something is different in Yerba Mate for sure. I feel a lot better after drinking this than I do coffee. Plus, it makes me super regular lol
    I agree as well. Coffee for me = anxiety most of the time. Yerba mate for me = I've got energy and I'm going to have a good time.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yeah its good. I once bought a bottle of powdered instant yerba matte and you could put a bunch of it in a little bit of water and then take a shot of it. good stuff. Yerbe mate Extract pills are not so good though.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.24%

who is the legit importer? also i seen it sold in teabag form as well...is this a good option? thanx
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    who is the legit importer? also i seen it sold in teabag form as well...is this a good option? thanx

You think you are a Shaman, no I am Shaman! The tea bags suck BTW. Get the loose tea its much cheaper and you can make it stronger.
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

if you can find this (or order it online) its the best

has little bits of dried orange peel in it, to give a nice citrusy taste.

BTW, you can make yerba mate in a coffee maker. thats how I do it. you can get 2-3 pots worth out of one load in the machine too
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Don't get me started at how much I love Yeba. I don't drink coffee anymore because of it! It has chemicals in it naturally that inhibit the negative effects of caffeine (vasoconstriction) while still provided the positive effects. It has multiple Xanthines in it and it helps with digestion. I makes me in a very good mood. I buy the loose tea. You think you are a Shaman, no I am Shaman!
    hahah i thought i saw you drumming and chanting during your workouts

yerba is awesome! especially if you get occasional constipation. when i first started with yerba i would sweat bullets after about 15 minutes post consumption and feel very warm. now i just feel good after drinking it. it also does not seem to shock and deplete the adrenals like coffee does, so it could be drank all day without negative effects.
    plus tons of antioxidants etc. etc. etc. just drink it
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.41%

I am a fan of mate as well. It gives a mild energy boost (well I suppose this is dose dependent) and noticeably better mood. I have also grown to like the taste, which to me tastes kind of like chewing tobacco.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.24%

update: im on my 3rd dayof mate. i got the tea bag form for a trial before i get the loose leaf that is supposedly more effective. i started with 2 bags per cup. taste was odd(like cardboard) energy..nill. so i added 2 more per cup and experienced mild energy with a euphoric feeling. my goal is to take a break from stims and try this stuff out and so far its not that bad. i will be ordering the better stuff soon.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Green Tea, Yerba Mate vs cortisol??
    By anbes in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM
  3. Yerba Mate
    By Tyler1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
  4. McCains running mate