Bacon - AnabolicMinds.com

Bacon

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  166 lbs.

Question Bacon

so i saw a food plan for a CKD diet that composed of bacon everyday in the morning?

is that healthy?

i have not ate bacon in years! if this is fine i cant wait!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

i have read up about this, have herd it works well it can be really ****ty at first tho!! from what i have seen the bacon should be fine but i would continue reading about this as the are a few veriations kickin around forums!!!

Good luck man
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

I see it as a good source of fat and a bit of protein in the morning. With a few whole eggs it sets me up well ham and so on for a good breakfast with decent kcal intake. I don't eat a ton of it maybe 3-4 strips. http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/Foo...04/3/Food.aspx

Link to Nitrition Fact for strip of Bacon.
    •   

4. New Member

You're probably better off switching the bacon for something else. It's usually pretty high in salt (bad for your heart/blood pressure/etc), plus lots of processed meats contain preservatives that have recently been linked to bowel cancer.

Try eggs (cheese omlettes?), steaks, chops or any other unprocessed meats. Get as much fish oil (from small fish that haven't had the chance to consume too much PCBs/heavy metals) in you as possible.

Of course, having bacon once or twice a week isn't going to kill you but I would go a bit easy on it if you're planning on staying healthy in the long run.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

meat in mourning is bad, its your most important meal. you need carbs to set you up for the rest of the day e.g wheeties with strawberrys
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTO View Post
    meat in mourning is bad, its your most important meal. you need carbs to set you up for the rest of the day e.g wheeties with strawberrys
    Carbs are what they're trying to avoid on this diet.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

Once your body starts burning Ketons for energy those carbs i nthe morning don't seem nearly as important. I actually feel great all day only tiem I get really tired is after running but that is pretty normal with or without carbs
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

avoid carbs on a diet ? eating meat is not going to make you loose weight it takes alot of energy to digest which you could be using to burn fat.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

Read up on the CKD diets or TKD and you will understand this much better. This is not atkins but similar and that diet (just eating meat) actually works as well but this is as you will see diffrent from that. It does in fact work and works well at burning away fat along with keeping your muscle mass for the most part.

When you take in less then 30ish carbs a day your body is forced to use fat as an energy source (ketones) at this point the fat you take in is used for fuel along with stored body fat and protein for muscle repair. You havecarb up days generally on the weekends last between 6-48 hours that refuel your muscles. You will burn these throughout the week and I will say that this diet does in fact work you must still watch what you eat as with every diet. Not for everyone but once you make it through the first week and your body adjusts it's fuel source it is nice and easy.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

i don't agree ! your body needs carbs ! you do not have to put your body through that to loose weight i seem to do it fine at 30/30/40 and im maintaining. unless your going on stage i highly recommend you do not do that. you need carbs every day.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

To each his own the true anwser is your body does not need carbs to live. The brain is the only organ that still needs some carbs( in the form of glycogen) it function properly. When you enter the state of ketosis fat is used for organs and all basic body functions. It can in fact run on fat stores this starvation(just your bodies fat) would of course be bad but when your body is actively burning it as a fuel source (IE fat in your diet and body) there is nothing wrong with that. It is greatly blown up the amount of carbs you need on a daily basis.

CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread
    CKD Blues
    New to ketogenic diet - have a few questions *Best*
    Just a few posts in the first page worth reading plenty of info on the internet. As I have said you still take in a small amount of carbs a day but generally very little. It does not put your body through horrible rigors or pains it just stops using carbs as the primary source of energy.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.

A mistake that alot of people make is eating enough carbs to stay out of ketosis BUT not eating enough carbs to make the brain function properly. This is different for EVERY person, but in general it is said that the brain needs 100g of carbs to function properly. If you are in ketosis, your body will be burning ketone bodies for energy, and that includes supplying energy to all the vital organs including the brain. So, in a state of ketosis the body does NOT need ANY carbs in order to maintain normal function. It is important to make sure that you find out for YOUR body the maximal amount of carbs you can take and still be in ketosis. It is also important to find out how diet sodas and other beverages with citric acid affect you. They tend to bring some people out of ketosis while ahving no effect on others. All of these things are important considerations when trying to develop an individual diet plan.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

Auto...
    Im proof that CKD works. Ive lost 21lbs in 2 months on diet alone. and begining of august got the money to start at the gym again. and im in even better shape and havent lost any strength.

You can eat bacon. i just wouldnt say every day. Chicken/Tuna/Ground Beef/Steak/Ground Turkey/Eggs/Cheese/Natty PB/Whey Protein

for veggies..Celery with natty pb bomb. broccoli. green peppers. i love sauted onions with evoo just only have half an onion tho.

Thats basically all i eat. and do a carb up on friday after WO until Sat Night.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

steak and eggs, the breakfast of champions, haha
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

avenue red im not sure if you want to be losing weight your 150 pounds. i think you better read up on this diet i just did and it says 30g of carbs a day. I have done similar diets and end up with gastro and diarrhea. If you can put this much disapline into a diet , then you should be able to loose weight on just a low cal diet. eat less !

and im presumming you guys dont cycle.I go for a 5 km run 3 times a week and i can eat anything i want. when i start my cycle in a month it will be meat 3 times a day. but then i will be dropping my cardio down to about 3km 2 times a week. like i said unless your going on stage i wouldn't recommend it. my 2c.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

I can easily see where this can cause problems for people many due ot the lack of fibers in the diet or in some cases vitamins. I would suggest that as always take a multi and find decent foods for this diet with fiber I prefer peanuts.

The truth is that your not entirely at this huge lack of foods to eat unlike say atkins where it is low carb low fat food this one allows you the fat and protein while pointing you in the direction of meat it will at least taste half decent. Overall once your body enters ketosis your energy levels are normal.

We do end up eating less as you would guess with lack of carbs it drops down the overall calorie intake during the day but it makes it much easier to stay below that cutting intake level and still be full.

I wouldn't bother doing a cycle while cutting anyways I know some like to do it but I see it as a waste. While I still run and try to gain the best lean bulk as possible on cycle there is no way I would run this diet during it mainly due ot the lack of calories and the restriction it places on the amount of gym time I have.

Either way you look at it this diet does work and while any diet that cuts down calorie intake (eating less) will work I feel that this helps not only maintain muscle mass but burns off the extra fat.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

avenue red im not sure if you want to be losing weight your 150 pounds. i think you better read up on this diet i just did and it says 30g of carbs a day. I have done similar diets and end up with gastro and diarrhea. If you can put this much disapline into a diet , then you should be able to loose weight on just a low cal diet. eat less !

and im presumming you guys dont cycle.I go for a 5 km run 3 times a week and i can eat anything i want. when i start my cycle in a month it will be meat 3 times a day. but then i will be dropping my cardio down to about 3km 2 times a week. like i said unless your going on stage i wouldn't recommend it. my 2c.
    Don't underestimate a lean mean 5' 8" 155 lbs :bb3:

Genetics has a lot to do with how much cardio will let you get away with. If you are running 5km 3X per week and eating whatever you want, i've got nothing but love and envy for you.

However, that is child's play. I was doing this: Mon 7 miles, tues. 5 miles, wed. 7 miles, thurs 5 miles. Sat. 4 miles. The first 3 miles during the week were ran under 19:20 minutes.

I was trying to cut down my 3 mile run time, but the point is even on this extreme cardio routine I couldn't get away with eating whatever the hell I wanted.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

still don't agree...........carbs build muscle, we need carbs full stop. Eat a noramal healthy diet, just eat less. You can loose weight this way its proven. balance is the key.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

still don't agree...........carbs build muscle, we need carbs full stop. Eat a noramal healthy diet, just eat less. You can loose weight this way its proven. balance is the key.
    You are making far too many assumptions about his phenotype. I personally eat a ton of carbs, but there are many out there that can only eat small amounts of carbs. One of friends is about 280 and he eats 100g of carbs a day at the most.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

100g a day is enough, i was arguing the fact because they don't eat any during the week. carbs = energy. its as simple as that. why do you think runners have carbohydrate gells when there running.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

The point I was trying to get across to you is that when you reduce your carbs to where your body enters ketosis carbs are no longer your primary means of energy. You still take in small amounts durning the day to support normal brain function.

So in this diets carbs do not = energy and as other have said it works!

Keep in mind this diet is generally not used to bulk though some use it that way. We are trying to keep muscle here not so much gain. So yes during a bulking stage I intake as even and clean bulking diet that I can carbs help make up the calories in that diet. During this time I do recieve my energy from carbs and enjoy eating almsot everything!

Once your body is buring fat as fuel your energy levels are normal and you have no trouble functioning during normal activities however, when running or heavy leight lifting the carb stores in your body will be used to support energy as the body can not burn fat fast enough to provide the energy needed.

Some runners deplete carb stores during the week and load up before their next run this is known as supersaturation. when the body is in a depleted state it will allow for maxium carb intake past the normal (balanced) levels thus givings runners more energy and endurance. Clearly you would not want to be in a ketosis state trying to run a marathon.

Some info like I said not all runner do this but it has been used.
    Eating for Endurance Running | Nutrition for Runners
    low carbohydrate diet (less than 50 grams) causes an increase in muscle glycogen storing enzymes. Therefore, starting 6 days from your event, "depleting" muscle glycogen with this 3-day low carb diet (exercising intensely on all three days as well), you can set your body up for a "rebound" of carbohydrate storage during the three days immediately prior to the event. For those next three days, you simply rest, eat a very high carb diet (10 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of bodyweight), and watch your muscles swell up with energy.
  22. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

100g a day is enough, i was arguing the fact because they don't eat any during the week. carbs = energy. its as simple as that. why do you think runners have carbohydrate gells when there running.
    They have it for short term energy. But if you aren't doing long term distance running, its irrelevant. You don't see power lifters using it do you?

There are essential amino acids, and essential fatty acids, there are NO essential carbs. The human body is quite capable of either turning fats into ketones and using that for energy, or turning amino acids into glycogen (leucine doesn't, but the others can). You can survive perfectly well with 0 carbs indefinitely, and make gains as well. that 30g of carbs is suited for taking in things with significant fiber, so you do stay regular bowel movement wise. you could very easily take in just non-soluble fiber and end up with 0 net g of carbs, and feel good.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

Thank you easy that is exactly the point I am trying to make haha!

This is just what I was trying to say a few posts back my research has lead my to finding out the body needs nearly no carbs to survive. It can function in ketosis as long as the fat is provided. A small amount of carbs are needed to keep the brain at full operation once ketones are being used for primary fuel all other parts of the body can fully comsume fat as energy.

The truth is I am on a CKD diet right now and it is working great. My fat stores I have are slowly shrinking this is no fast pace race but in the end I win!
  24. New Member

Lower carb was the way to go for me also, I followed a trace carb/fiberous veggies during the week to a carb up on saturdays and a little sunday and I dropped 20 lbs...only a .5 lb being from muscle via DEXA scan. This was in preparation for an MMA fight...worked great. Now I eat lower carb (rarely going over 200 grams) during the week and most come from veggies and fruit with the exception of post workout. And I am still getting leaner while putting on some size. But everyone is different.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

But everyone is different.
    Great point to make here. While I do believe that everyone (depending on training) would have great results leaning out by simply lowering carb intake it is not for everyone. Surely some people must feel very bad on this diet and I do miss eating lots of fruits.

I don't view this as a extremely long term diet. It helps you to lower your intake of food and my feelings are once I burn off that extra fat next time I do a bulk phase it will be much easier to stay lean.

Generally near the end of this diet you would bring crabs back in slowly. Starting out by adding in say 100g's and working up to your normal intake. Allowing the body to readjust and not try to stack on all these extra carbs. At that point your back to eating normal intake of carbs and your still very lean the end results are amazing!
  26. New Member

If iwere you I would bring most of your carbs back in the form of veggies with the exceptionf of post workout and maybe in the morning. Its very easy to get fat after coming off of this style of eating as I have done in the past but this time around I was smarter. Dieting in general jacks up your metabolism so birng kcals back slowly also.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbs6 View Post
    If iwere you I would bring most of your carbs back in the form of veggies with the exceptionf of post workout and maybe in the morning. Its very easy to get fat after coming off of this style of eating as I have done in the past but this time around I was smarter. Dieting in general jacks up your metabolism so birng kcals back slowly also.

Completely agree here, after my track season was done I had to very slowly come back up on carbs. I think my body just wanted to stack away it all as fast as possible but once it became used to burning it as fuel is was much easier.

I like to have a phase inbetween my cutting and bulking generally after a cutting phase where I enjoy my look. This is where I stablize all my food intake and head slowly towards a bulking diet. Takes lots of self control but I feel it is worth while
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

auto, don't knock it til' ya try it.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

i have tryed it, and im not a big fan of diarrhea. If it works for you guys great. it was just my 2c, its all trial and error. Like Hbs6 says : its very easy to get fat after this type of diet.

when your body craves something its going to get it.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

i have tryed it, and im not a big fan of diarrhea. If it works for you guys great. it was just my 2c, its all trial and error. Like Hbs6 says : its very easy to get fat after this type of diet.

when your body craves something its going to get it.
    It's very easy to get fat after any diet.

The cravings, for me personally at least, are nearly non-existent. It's not like high protein moderate fat meals don't taste good. And, it's hard to cheat when Sat-Sun are flexible with tasty carbs.

On the other hand, you have your calorie restricting diet, which is clean all around. A quick burger, burrito, slice of pizza, bowl of sugar cereal... it all JUUST sounds delicious. America, gotta love the chow.
  31. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Like Hbs6 says : its very easy to get fat after this type of diet.
    its also very easy to get fat after the type of diet you mention its easy to get fat after any time of fat loss. The getting fat after or not is all about controlling intake vs activity. izza: and :hot: and :burg: all are a piece of american life, and they all are way too calorically dense. Restaurants serve portions that should be 2-3 meals.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

thats right eat less but eat right. its not a secret
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

Restaurants serve portions that should be 2-3 meals.
    It makes me laugh when I see that now. I think living around these size portions all the time people start to cook meals of the same size growing up I know this is the size I came to expect.

Now after joining the Navy and having a provided set food portions (offical portion size) I had to adjust to that. Looking at my seemingly half full plate! After a few years in though I have come to expect it and now when I make myself means at home I stick with the same size and find it harder to finish my plate when going out to eat.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

thats right eat less but eat right. its not a secret
    If we had that kind of discipline we'd all be walking around below 10% year round.
  35. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

hehehehe yeah, and you wouldn't see 30% of 12 year olds being obese either
    This space for rent

36. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.

Sad part is I have watched the kids getting off the bus where I live. Each year it gets worse and worse. It seems ironic that the better parents provide for their kid the worse off they become at least in pounds.

Of course I can't blame it all on food the age of TV and computers/games has taken a mighty toll. The sports are still there, there is better knowledge of health and still we grow in size (in the wrong spots) so what does it amount to? Kids doing the smae thing as their parents? Unhealthy eaiting habbits? or just being lazy and content at being lazy!
  37. New Member

avoid carbs on a diet ? eating meat is not going to make you loose weight it takes alot of energy to digest which you could be using to burn fat.
    Are you a Dietitian? You sure sound like one.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Are you a Dietitian? You sure sound like one

well thanks mate, but no its just been trial and error for me. nothing like experience as against second hand information.
  39. Professional Member

well thanks mate, but no its just been trial and error for me. nothing like experience as against second hand information.

Just because you're ignorant of something, does not make it untrue. You have alot to learn...
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Just because you're ignorant of something, does not make it untrue. You have alot to learn...

im not ignorant of the fact i never said this diet dosn't work (read my previous posts). i am saying IMHO there are easier ways too loose weight. note how i said im my opinion, that is eating a 40/30/30 diet but eating less. i seem to do it fine and im 12 % b.f. but hey you just keep eating two ice creams at a time and stay on this diet , you will get there mate i promise
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bacon Explosion
    By merph in forum Recipes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
  2. You think bacon is bad?? Try this!
    By phL8Tme in forum Recipes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM
  3. Refried Beans w/ Bacon
    By zombiemuscle in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
  4. Sex or Bacon? You don't wanna have both...
    By DmitryWI in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 11:41 PM
  5. BBQ Bacon Burgers
    By Canibalistic_js in forum Recipes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:48 AM