Can i get a body fat estimate?

  1. Question Can i get a body fat estimate?


    Thanks. I'm just stuck and cat get the lower abs to show



  2. maybe you dont have lower abs? some just have 4 and then it goes into the V shap hip flexor
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    www.MindandMuscle.com
    •   
       


  3. tough to say. BF% is based off of more than just an abs shot.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  4. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    maybe you dont have lower abs? some just have 4 and then it goes into the V shap hip flexor
    I can feel the lower 2

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    tough to say. BF% is based off of more than just an abs shot.

    True, though the only fat i'm carrying is my lower abs area.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
    True, though the only fat i'm carrying is my lower abs area.
    so you dont have any on your back? or legs? usually when you caliper you want ot get a 5 pinch measurement
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    www.MindandMuscle.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    so you dont have any on your back? or legs? usually when you caliper you want ot get a 5 pinch measurement
    Well, the majority of the fat is in my lower ab area

    Actually i dont pinch. I dont like those calipers really

    I use an Omron 306 Which has great reviews on it, 4 out of 5 stars. I know alot of people dont like it, but for me it's very consistant though -+2/3%. I also use a tanita scale at the same time. I dont think there is anything really 100% accurate anyways.

    I check in the AM right when i get up. I go to the bathroom first, weigh myself, then bf check in a fasted state. I get readings of 9-10%

  8. As long as you have the calipers done by someone that knows what they are doing they are quite accurate. If you don't trust the calipers I suggest finding a Bod Pod in your area....either that or hydrostatic weighing but that is harder to find.

  9. I'm with Rugger1, 9-11% sounds about right.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    maybe you dont have lower abs? some just have 4 and then it goes into the V shap hip flexor
    OT, but what can I do to help develop that V?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    I'm with Rugger1, 9-11% sounds about right.


    OT, but what can I do to help develop that V?
    i didnt understand that part directed at me. OT?? and your asking what excercises to help develop the hip flexor?
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    www.MindandMuscle.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    I'm with Rugger1, 9-11% sounds about right.


    OT, but what can I do to help develop that V?
    Scissor kicks, weighted ball twists, side bends etc

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    i didnt understand that part directed at me. OT?? and your asking what excercises to help develop the hip flexor?
    OT = Off Topic.

    I'm trying to develop that "V" shape. I've got the whole abs thing down, but my "V" isn't quite where I want it. Is that what it's called? The hip flexor? (I know... I should totally know that. )

    Thanks, Rugger.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    OT = Off Topic.

    I'm trying to develop that "V" shape. I've got the whole abs thing down, but my "V" isn't quite where I want it. Is that what it's called? The hip flexor? (I know... I should totally know that. )

    Thanks, Rugger.
    rugger? huh?
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    www.MindandMuscle.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    rugger? huh?
    yeah boi. word to your mother

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    yeah boi. word to your mother
    oh i didnt even see your post thats why i got confused.
    Mind And Muscle Representative
    www.MindandMuscle.com

  16. i caliper people at work all the time. i would guess you're closer to 8% maybe even lower... but like was stated earlier, it's hard to tell just on abs.

  17. Yea when i folded super lean a few years back my ab fold has me at 2-3% higher than other body parts and I know other people have been in the opposite.

    If a knowlegeable person is doing a fold it's pretty spot on. Either way your lean as hell so who gives a ish
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  18. Try an anti cortisol supp like 11-oxo, that will help shed that fat, id say you were 10 percent, im pretty good normaly at judging, as all my family are either athletes or fitness models, so ive grown up with looking and checking fat measurements, you need to do some lower ab work too, but your upper abs are awesome!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BF Estimate
    By napoleon1815 in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 08:43 AM
  2. estimate
    By darkshadow in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 04:33 PM
  3. estimate body fat
    By chess315 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 03:18 PM
  4. Can someone estimate my BF%?
    By Clownshoes in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Log in
Log in