Article: FDA To Ban Trans Fats

1. Registered User

Article: FDA To Ban Trans Fats

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.

The FDA is actually doing something right?! I don't think this will ever happen anytime soon; to many pressure groups with a horse in the race but I think this would help a lot of people improve their diet who don't have the self control to do it on their own.
  3. Registered User

[QUOTE=tcslick;4235290]The FDA is actually doing something right?! I don't think this will ever happen anytime soon; to many pressure groups with a horse in the race but I think this would help a lot of people improve their diet who don't have the self control to do it on their own.[/Q
    completely retarded. lets all have government take more control over out lives
    •   

4. Registered User

Completely retarded. Lets all have the government control more of out lives.
  5. Registered User

The human body is way too complicated to place a number of "lives saved" by reducing trans fats alone. Thats just not possible to be accurate with. The body has way too many variables to even know the bottom line affect of trans fats period, much less how many people are gonna avoid death because they didnt eat any trans fats that year...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

And we thought soy was pervasive enough...
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

"I thought this was America?" - Randy Marsh
  8. Registered User

While, I think that it would very difficult to put a number on "lives saved", look at what foods have trans fats in them. Generally, "junk foods" have many trans fats in them so the people who normally snack on these will be forced to look for an alternative.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Dont be lazy cook wat ever u want at home
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.

Originally Posted by burgerkingguy View Post
    While, I think that it would very difficult to put a number on "lives saved", look at what foods have trans fats in them. Generally, "junk foods" have many trans fats in them so the people who normally snack on these will be forced to look for an alternative.
    Yeah alternative junk foods, just because they can't get junk food A doesn't mean there gonna start eating carrots as a snack. They will just switch to eating junk food B.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    Yeah alternative junk foods, just because they can't get junk food A doesn't mean there gonna start eating carrots as a snack. They will just switch to eating junk food B.
    And a lab in China is going to create a synthetic, one off fat from trans fats to sell as food additives anyways.
  12. Registered User

Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    Correct. The issue is behavioral and the industry is simply responding to that behavior. The behavior is laziness and with that comes a preference for foods that require minimal effort to prepare.

So really trans fats = highly processed = highly preserved to last a long time = convenience = lazy people eat it = unhealthy.

But, if you start at the end and go back left, you'll notice that unhealthy = lazy people, not trans fats.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

Correct. The issue is behavioral and the industry is simply responding to that behavior. The behavior is laziness and with that comes a preference for foods that require minimal effort to prepare.

So really trans fats = highly processed = highly preserved to last a long time = convenience = lazy people eat it = unhealthy.

But, if you start at the end and go back left, you'll notice that unhealthy = lazy people, not trans fats.
    If A=B, and B=C, then A=C.
    Therefore, Trans-fats = unhealthy.
    Margarine if a PHO, flies won't land on it, when heated it becomes a Trans fat. therefore, margarine = unhealthy.
  14. Registered User

Originally Posted by kohai66 View Post

If A=B, and B=C, then A=C.
    Therefore, Trans-fats = unhealthy.
    Margarine if a PHO, flies won't land on it, when heated it becomes a Trans fat. therefore, margarine = unhealthy.
    Well yeah for sure. But my point was more around why Trans fats were needed to begin with. This lazy, convenient society demands ultra preserved foods that cook with minimal effort. This leads to chemically altered foods that do more harm than good.

The habits of our society will always drive our food industry. We need to alter our habits and make more time for gardening and preparing wholesome foods.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Originally Posted by kohai66 View Post
    If A=B, and B=C, then A=C. Therefore, Trans-fats = unhealthy. Margarine if a PHO, flies won't land on it, when heated it becomes a Trans fat. therefore, margarine = unhealthy.
    That's his wording, not a fact. He just worded it to demonstrate that trans fat food is used more by lazy people, and that lazy people also do not take care of their health. It wasn't a literal equation. A --> B --> C; but C doesn't necessarily --> A.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

Well yeah for sure. But my point was more around why Trans fats were needed to begin with. This lazy, convenient society demands ultra preserved foods that cook with minimal effort. This leads to chemically altered foods that do more harm than good.

The habits of our society will always drive our food industry. We need to alter our habits and make more time for gardening and preparing wholesome foods.
    Point taken.
    And I agree. Our society has gotten very attached to overly processed foods; hopefully, this will help but I'm not holding my breath...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. FDA to BAN Trans-Fats
    By T-Bone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 08:29 PM
  2. New York City bans trans fats from restaurants.
    By DeerDeer in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
  3. New York City bans trans fats from restaurants.
    By DeerDeer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
  4. New York to ban Trans-Fats in resturants
    By RenegadeRows in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
  5. Trans Fat Article
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2003, 06:24 PM