Article: Is Intermittent Fasting Effective?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Is Intermittent Fasting Effective?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Answers

could be wrong, but I was always under the assumption that fat loss plateaus around 18 hours and more muscle could be used, and that's why Leangains advocates 16 hours fasts.
  3. ITW
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Without the use of stims nearly round the clock I don't see how people fast for 18 hours.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I've been doing 16 hours, and that's about my limit. I have had friends who've done warrior (20/4) and swear by it. I would never fast more then 12 though if bulking.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I currently do. a 12-13 hour fast everyday from last meal night before to nxt day breakfast works enough for me. I have done 15 hour fasts thats my limit if im not working out.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    could be wrong, but I was always under the assumption that fat loss plateaus around 18 hours and more muscle could be used, and that's why Leangains advocates 16 hours fasts.
    Fat loss plateaus after 24 hours. I have been fasting over 2 years and will never stop.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    Fat loss plateaus after 24 hours. I have been fasting over 2 years and will never stop. @
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by ITW View Post
    Without the use of stims nearly round the clock I don't see how people fast for 18 hours.
    Try it you will be surprised.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Just finished my first 15 hour fast, feel perfectly fine just have to get over the hunger for the first few hours.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I have been doing one 24 hour fast 1x/week. I am doing a bulk right now and have gained weight each week. I make sure to eat close to double calories on the day which the fasts begins to prevent a huge caloric defecit over the week to prevent muscle loss and keep the gains coming. I also am retaining some water from TRT so I know tahts contributing to the weight gain. I am still very lean.

Im thinking of doing the 24 hour fast once every 10 days to 2 weeks now during my bulk.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  90 lbs.
    Answers

I made an article myself called Human Biological Clock n Intermitt fasting. Its an article discussing how our bodies work with nature and the hormone cortisole, wich is another reason to fast in the morning hours. Nevertheless, rethink your question and ask your self...
    How can people workout and gain muscle while fasting, arent they tired and just out of juice? well, if our bodies simply became tired and our motivation just fell apart, woudent we just die as a race? Now the human body actually activates some hormones that makes us fight, fight to find food and fight to kill... Thats why some people fell energized when fasting, some become stronger, other suddenly think clear. I think intermitt fasting is a great tool, and i think alot of people dont think way back in time, and try to understand how the human body actually works.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by Profion View Post
    I made an article myself called Human Biological Clock n Intermitt fasting. Its an article discussing how our bodies work with nature and the hormone cortisole, wich is another reason to fast in the morning hours. Nevertheless, rethink your question and ask your self...
    How can people workout and gain muscle while fasting, arent they tired and just out of juice? well, if our bodies simply became tired and our motivation just fell apart, woudent we just die as a race? Now the human body actually activates some hormones that makes us fight, fight to find food and fight to kill... Thats why some people fell energized when fasting, some become stronger, other suddenly think clear. I think intermitt fasting is a great tool, and i think alot of people dont think way back in time, and try to understand how the human body actually works.
    Well said. Do you have a link for this article?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 01:09 PM
  2. What is THE most effective Liver support supplement???
    By pistonpump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 08:51 AM
  3. Is this exercise effective?
    By 5111 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:28 AM
  4. this article is a trip
    By oswizzle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 05:08 PM
  5. April 29th deadline for Articles is quickly approaching!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 12:35 PM