Article: Low Estrogen A Problem For Men?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Low Estrogen A Problem For Men?

2. Registered User
    Answers

Interesting, I know when I had low testosterone (between 300-400ng/dl) my joints would kill me in the morning. After being put on trt with Testim gel the joint pain went away as my test levels increased dramatically as did my e2 levels. Sex drive was awesome as well, but nearly 2 years later and I'm worse off than I was prior to trt. And I've been on injections for a year and a half.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

These articles are hinting that testosterone is not helping you but estrogen is. Idiots will get the wrong idea and start taking birth control pills. More pussification of the nation.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

You want to stay on the high side of the estrogen range when on TRT. I'm testing regularly @ 1200ng/dl, and with that I like my e2 to be around 45. Some guys shoot for 15-25, but I have found that my nuts are fuller and my sex drive is better when my estrogen is a little high. In fact, I prefer to let it run as high as possible (considering how high my test levels are) without allowing myself to have gyno. The best case is exactly what old shool bodybuilders did - run Nolva w/ test.

Nolva blocks the estrogen at the nipple, but otherwise lets it roam free in the body. This would result in a more watery, perhaps more fattening approach but a better feeling one too.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    You want to stay on the high side of the estrogen range when on TRT. I'm testing regularly @ 1200ng/dl, and with that I like my e2 to be around 45. Some guys shoot for 15-25, but I have found that my nuts are fuller and my sex drive is better when my estrogen is a little high. In fact, I prefer to let it run as high as possible (considering how high my test levels are) without allowing myself to have gyno. The best case is exactly what old shool bodybuilders did - run Nolva w/ test.

Nolva blocks the estrogen at the nipple, but otherwise lets it roam free in the body. This would result in a more watery, perhaps more fattening approach but a better feeling one too.
    You're the first person on here to tell me that, and it makes sense. I'd rather be irritable with a little higher estrogen than have my joints ache and pop like I'm an 80 yr old.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Clomid For Men With Low Testosterone by Jeffrey Dach MD
    By pmgamer18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
  2. Does Soy really cause problems for men?
    By ratdog in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 12:45 PM
  3. Test Enan=Birth Control for men?
    By bionicBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 02:29 AM
  4. Low Estrogen got me really sick
    By pjorstad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 02:03 PM
  5. for men only