Article: Are Eggs The Perfect Food?

  1. Registered User
    The Press's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,243
    Answers
    0

    Article: Are Eggs The Perfect Food?



  2. Registered User
    fujindemon74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Is this AnabolicMinds.com?

    There isn't anything remotely "healthy" about most of the stuff we do.
    Squatting & deadlifting 2-3x or more bodyweight isn't healthy.
    The list goes on and on.

    No serious strength athlete I know eats for "health".
    We eat for performance.

    My breakfast consists of 4-6 strips of bacon, 3-4 slices of toast w/ prune spread, 5-6 fried eggs and 2 pints of whole milk.
  3. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    When I'm in contest condition, I start every day with 6 hard boiled eggs. My breath stinks but I love the meal and the results stand on their merit.

    *as a side note, this guy says egg whites are chemicals in a carton... My egg whites are "quick whites" and the ingredient list couldn't be shorter: 100% pure pasteurized egg whites.

    My protein powders, on the other hand, are chemical cocktails that require a PhD to fully understand!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    girthypiece's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by fujindemon74 View Post
    Is this AnabolicMinds.com?

    There isn't anything remotely "healthy" about most of the stuff we do.
    Squatting & deadlifting 2-3x or more bodyweight isn't healthy.
    The list goes on and on.

    No serious strength athlete I know eats for "health".
    We eat for performance.

    My breakfast consists of 4-6 strips of bacon, 3-4 slices of toast w/ prune spread, 5-6 fried eggs and 2 pints of whole milk.
    What exactly is "unhealthy" about squatting and deadlifting multiple times per week. And please explain how eating for performance is in opposition to eating for "health". Im dying to hear this
  5. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by girthypiece View Post
    What exactly is "unhealthy" about squatting and deadlifting multiple times per week. And please explain how eating for performance is in opposition to eating for "health". Im dying to hear this
    He said 2-3x bodyweight, not the frequency of 2-3x a week. Either way, both of those are beyond what any MD would recommend for health.

    Eating for performance and health CAN be the same, but not in the iron game! If you want to be beast (lean or not) you're going to take your nutrition beyond what is required for health.

    My doc tells me I only need 50-80g protein a day
  6. Registered User
    girthypiece's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post

    He said 2-3x bodyweight, not the frequency of 2-3x a week. Either way, both of those are beyond what any MD would recommend for health.

    Eating for performance and health CAN be the same, but not in the iron game! If you want to be beast (lean or not) you're going to take your nutrition beyond what is required for health.

    My doc tells me I only need 50-80g protein a day
    Sorry for misquoting you. I know in speaking to many docs their education on protein came from the '70's when they still believed its molecular structure to be too large to be filtered by the kidneys therefore causing undue stress. In reality there has never been any study ever produced that shows protein to be a detriment to kidney health. Not ever.
    Also as a side note, running on pavement at times causes the equivalent impact force of 6-7x bodyweight on the knees.
    As for MD's and their opinions on squatting I would like to quote the great Rippetoe

    Anyone who says that full squats are "bad for the knees" has, with that statement, demonstrated conclusively that they are not entitled to an opinion about the matter. People who know nothing about a topic, especially a very technical one that requires specific training, knowledge, and experience, are not due an opinion about that topic and are better served by being quiet when it is asked about or discussed. For example, when brain surgery, or string theory, or the NFL draft, or women's dress sizes, or white wine is being discussed, I remain quiet, odd though that may seem. But seldom is this the case when orthopedic surgeons, athletic trainers, physical therapists, or nurses are asked about full squats
  7. Registered User
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by girthypiece View Post

    Sorry for misquoting you. I know in speaking to many docs their education on protein came from the '70's when they still believed its molecular structure to be too large to be filtered by the kidneys therefore causing undue stress. In reality there has never been any study ever produced that shows protein to be a detriment to kidney health. Not ever.
    Also as a side note, running on pavement at times causes the equivalent impact force of 6-7x bodyweight on the knees.
    As for MD's and their opinions on squatting I would like to quote the great Rippetoe

    Anyone who says that full squats are "bad for the knees" has, with that statement, demonstrated conclusively that they are not entitled to an opinion about the matter. People who know nothing about a topic, especially a very technical one that requires specific training, knowledge, and experience, are not due an opinion about that topic and are better served by being quiet when it is asked about or discussed. For example, when brain surgery, or string theory, or the NFL draft, or women's dress sizes, or white wine is being discussed, I remain quiet, odd though that may seem. But seldom is this the case when orthopedic surgeons, athletic trainers, physical therapists, or nurses are asked about full squats
    One of the greatest quotes I have ever read.

    I will go to a doctor when I have the flu or break a bone. I will never go to a doctor about training advice or nutrition advice.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  8. Registered User
    fujindemon74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    If I wasn't clear in my original post about multiples of bodyweight moved vs frequency of training, let me say I meant multiples of bodyweight moved.

    Regarding frequency, I squat every day. Either back squat or front squat, although I've been known to do both in a single day.

    A volume phase can last between 21-45 days, during which I typically complete upwards of 75 reps/day, the majority of which are between 70% and 95% of my daily max.
    A deload can last 7-14 days, during which I typically complete 28-35 reps/day, working up to a near max without a missed rep.
    This is in addition to throwing in at least two additional movements from deadlift, row, pulls/chins, overhead press, cleans, farmer's carry, yada, yada, yada, and several miles of hill climbs.

    I eat to perform.
    You can eat to be healthy.
  9. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    I haven't had less than 300g of protein in a day in many years... I was using the doctor recommendation as an example of misinformation from "credible sources"

    I'm sure most of us have had strains, pulls, overuse tendinitis, tendonosis, bursitis, arthritis... In addition to the general aches and pains.

    Most people see those inevitable symptoms as unhealthy...I personally DGAS
  10. Registered User
    SXIPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    This was quite a poorly written article. It just wanders aimlessly without making any real points.
  11. Registered User
    fujindemon74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    This was quite a poorly written article. It just wanders aimlessly without making any real points.
    Srs. It belongs on a yoga website, not a site with "anabolic" in it's URL.
  12. Registered User
    ricroc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,120
    Answers
    0

    Prune spread! I've been wondering if such an item exists. Now I gotta check this out.

    I love my eggs, too. Eat 4-5 or 6 if I'm feeling frisky.
  13. Registered User
    fujindemon74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Visit the kosher aisle of your grocery.
    It's the perfect amount of sweetness to go along with the salty/savory bacon/egg combo.
  14. Registered User
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Answers
    0

    Wtf did I just read?
  15. Registered User
    biscuits's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by fujindemon74 View Post
    Is this AnabolicMinds.com?

    There isn't anything remotely "healthy" about most of the stuff we do.
    Squatting & deadlifting 2-3x or more bodyweight isn't healthy.
    The list goes on and on.

    No serious strength athlete I know eats for "health".
    We eat for performance.

    My breakfast consists of 4-6 strips of bacon, 3-4 slices of toast w/ prune spread, 5-6 fried eggs and 2 pints of whole milk.
    Last time I checked, anabolic minds has ALWAYS linked health related articles and studies... And since when was deadlifting and squatting heavy not healthy.. Also, anabolic minds is not only for strength athletes lmao.
  16. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Last time I checked, anabolic minds has ALWAYS linked health related articles and studies... And since when was deadlifting and squatting heavy not healthy.. Also, anabolic minds is not only for strength athletes lmao.

    I have to disagree with the notion that training super heavy is healthy. I LOVE going heavy, and I train at or above 90% of 1rm for months at a time during a strength phase...

    HOWEVER, any time the bar stalls and you grind through the sticking point (or even fail) you're going beyond what is necessary for "health". I miss reps verrrry rarely, but I know I'm being safer and more health conscious in the 70-80% range.

    May he, who always uses perfect form for maximal loads, post the first video.
  17. Registered User
    biscuits's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post
    I have to disagree with the notion that training super heavy is healthy. I LOVE going heavy, and I train at or above 90% of 1rm for months at a time during a strength phase...

    HOWEVER, any time the bar stalls and you grind through the sticking point (or even fail) you're going beyond what is necessary for "health". I miss reps verrrry rarely, but I know I'm being safer and more health conscious in the 70-80% range.

    May he, who always uses perfect form for maximal loads, post the first video.
    It's a lot healthier than pink dumbells. And if you lift to the point where you are consistanly injuring yourself... You might want to rethink your program
  18. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    It's a lot healthier than pink dumbells. And if you lift to the point where you are consistanly injuring yourself... You might want to rethink your program
    I never said I'm consistently injuring myself.

    Maybe you weren't directing that comment toward me specifically.

    On the other hand, I would posit that anyone that has never had at least a tweak from training is either very new to training or using those pink dumbbells you refer to.

    My programming is quite sound, regardless of my aches and pains. I just like to impress myself a few times a week.
  19. Registered User
    fujindemon74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Last time I checked, anabolic minds has ALWAYS linked health related articles and studies... And since when was deadlifting and squatting heavy not healthy.. Also, anabolic minds is not only for strength athletes lmao.
    Then perhaps the site should be named FitnessMinds.com

    I have no injuries to speak of whatsoever, but I'm not deluding myself by thinking what I do is "healthy".

    If anything, it's challenging and is a mechanism by which I see how far I can push mentally and physically, but it ain't "healthy".
  20. Registered User
    compudog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    963
    Answers
    0

    The author does make a good point about the way the egg producing chickens are kept. I'll take a farm egg over a factory egg any day.
  21. Registered User
    biscuits's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post
    I never said I'm consistently injuring myself.

    Maybe you weren't directing that comment toward me specifically.

    On the other hand, I would posit that anyone that has never had at least a tweak from training is either very new to training or using those pink dumbbells you refer to.

    My programming is quite sound, regardless of my aches and pains. I just like to impress myself a few times a week.
    It was more of a general statement, not directed towards you. And the part in bold is like saying athletes in any sport aren't healthy because they get injured ALL the time. Just because you get tweaks doesn't mean it's an unhealthy activity.
  22. Registered User
    biscuits's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by fujindemon74 View Post
    Then perhaps the site should be named FitnessMinds.com

    I have no injuries to speak of whatsoever, but I'm not deluding myself by thinking what I do is "healthy".

    If anything, it's challenging and is a mechanism by which I see how far I can push mentally and physically, but it ain't "healthy".
    Because anabolism isn't needed in bodybuilding and most physical sports... Which are not considered strength athletes. Maybe you belong on steroids.com or something. And yes what YOU do may or may not be healthy. But weight training as opposed to not weight training IS in fact healthy.

    Just because your goal is powerlifting/strongman doesn't make it everyone's on this website
  23. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    It was more of a general statement, not directed towards you. And the part in bold is like saying athletes in any sport aren't healthy because they get injured ALL the time. Just because you get tweaks doesn't mean it's an unhealthy activity.
    Oh ok well I'm glad we have something to disagree on.

    Football players and their concussions... It has health implications

    Taekwondo martial artists are notorious for their hip replacements in their 40's or even 30's

    Basketball players and their acl tears. For them it's not so big a deal when they have dr James andrews to fix them up. For the average Joe, the knee is rarely the same.

    I could go on, but I won't.

    Bottom line is, I train hard AND smart, and I still come away w tweaks and minor injuries. Do I know what 20-30 more years of this is going to lead to? No. And neither do you.

    Fitness training can (by definition) be healthy.

    Powerlifting isn't always healthy.
    Dieting to contest condition for BB isn't healthy (I don't use drugs either).

    Being an iron/physique athlete is something that I love and will never give up willingly. I do it because I love it and it makes me awesome. Not because it makes me healthy.

    I do think that it I possible to achieve moderate success in this sport with health as the primary goal, but when winning at highly competive levels is the goal, health will inevitably be compromised.
  24. Registered User
    girthypiece's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post

    Oh ok well I'm glad we have something to disagree on.

    Football players and their concussions... It has health implications

    Taekwondo martial artists are notorious for their hip replacements in their 40's or even 30's

    Basketball players and their acl tears. For them it's not so big a deal when they have dr James andrews to fix them up. For the average Joe, the knee is rarely the same.

    I could go on, but I won't.

    Bottom line is, I train hard AND smart, and I still come away w tweaks and minor injuries. Do I know what 20-30 more years of this is going to lead to? No. And neither do you.

    Fitness training can (by definition) be healthy.

    Powerlifting isn't always healthy.
    Dieting to contest condition for BB isn't healthy (I don't use drugs either).

    Being an iron/physique athlete is something that I love and will never give up willingly. I do it because I love it and it makes me awesome. Not because it makes me healthy.

    I do think that it I possible to achieve moderate success in this sport with health as the primary goal, but when winning at highly competive levels is the goal, health will inevitably be compromised.
    Anyone who has heard of Layne Norton realizes bb dieting does not necessitate sacrificing "health" as he has proved this many times. Lifting heavy ie powerlifting impacts the cardiovascular system in much the same way as other high intensity exercise like running.
    Anytime someone labels an activity in such a general way as to say all of "x" is unhealthy, they have clearly demonstrated an insufficient understanding of the topic. Define what is "unhealthy" and go from there.
    If one is convinced their training is "unhealthy" then they should stop and seek the advice of someone qualified to evaluate their goals, programming, and methodology.
    In the end, being alive is "unhealthy" since being alive results in death 100% of the time. Everything has a risk and reward
  25. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by girthypiece View Post
    Anyone who has heard of Layne Norton realizes bb dieting does not necessitate sacrificing "health" as he has proved this many times. Lifting heavy ie powerlifting impacts the cardiovascular system in much the same way as other high intensity exercise like running.
    Anytime someone labels an activity in such a general way as to say all of "x" is unhealthy, they have clearly demonstrated an insufficient understanding of the topic. Define what is "unhealthy" and go from there.
    If one is convinced their training is "unhealthy" then they should stop and seek the advice of someone qualified to evaluate their goals, programming, and methodology.
    In the end, being alive is "unhealthy" since being alive results in death 100% of the time. Everything has a risk and reward
    Layne who? I'm a noob right? I diet on 1200 cals w no carbs, 3 hours LISS cardio, and I cut my water on Monday for a Saturday competition... Cmon i hope you're not trying to school me.

    I'm not sure what your point is.

    I am very healthy. I have tracked every kcal and macro for the last 2.5 years and I don't drink or smoke. That's all part of my sport and my healthy lifestyle. I did however round my back on my 2nd and 3rd rep at 390 atg squats today. It was unhealthy. Don't know what else to tell you.

    Go be healthy
  26. Registered User
    girthypiece's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post

    Layne who? I'm a noob right? I diet on 1200 cals w no carbs, 3 hours LISS cardio, and I cut my water on Monday for a Saturday competition... Cmon i hope you're not trying to school me.

    I'm not sure what your point is.

    I am very healthy. I have tracked every kcal and macro for the last 2.5 years and I don't drink or smoke. That's all part of my sport and my healthy lifestyle. I did however round my back on my 2nd and 3rd rep at 390 atg squats today. It was unhealthy. Don't know what else to tell you.

    Go be healthy
    You labeled heavy lifting and contest dieting as "unhealthy" without mentioning what is "unhealthy" about any of it and are even further from providing evidence to substantiate your claims. I merely pointed out a guy that anyone could look up and not only see how he contest diets but also learn how it is not "unhealthy".
    You then pointed out how you do both things that you have claimed to be "unhealthy" while yourself remaining "healthy" even after an "unhealthy squat session. I can't imagine anyone learning anything from what you have posted other than to skip over future posts that you make.
  27. Registered User
    compudog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    963
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post
    Layne who? I'm a noob right? I diet on 1200 cals w no carbs, 3 hours LISS cardio, and I cut my water on Monday for a Saturday competition... Cmon i hope you're not trying to school me.

    I'm not sure what your point is.

    I am very healthy. I have tracked every kcal and macro for the last 2.5 years and I don't drink or smoke. That's all part of my sport and my healthy lifestyle. I did however round my back on my 2nd and 3rd rep at 390 atg squats today. It was unhealthy. Don't know what else to tell you.

    Go be healthy
    The problem here seems to be different ideas of what constitutes "healthy" . The current medical definition of "healthy" seems to be whatever is going to prolong one's life the most. It's a popular idea, but that doesn't make it right.

    Personally I think health is a subjective thing; it has a lot to do with quality of life. That kind of passive-aggressive/path of least resistance approach to good health just doesn't work for me. Like the man said, there's nothing passive about my aggression. One of my older friends got injured recently and he was kind of moaning about his rehab. I told him, "would you rather spend your last day in a hospital bed, or climbing a mountain? Get your ass up there into the fresh air and sunshine and say, See you world?"

    The key here is being *able* to climb a mountain on your last day. The point being, minor injuries (and sometimes major ones) are the price we pay for living healthy, active lives. It's a small price in my opinion, given the alternative.
  28. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by girthypiece View Post
    You labeled heavy lifting and contest dieting as "unhealthy" without mentioning what is "unhealthy" about any of it and are even further from providing evidence to substantiate your claims. I merely pointed out a guy that anyone could look up and not only see how he contest diets but also learn how it is not "unhealthy".
    You then pointed out how you do both things that you have claimed to be "unhealthy" while yourself remaining "healthy" even after an "unhealthy squat session. I can't imagine anyone learning anything from what you have posted other than to skip over future posts that you make.
    Yes please do skip over my posts. I don't enjoy bickering with you.

    I am a huge proponent of training and dieting. I coach 30+ sessions a week as a CSCS, in addition to my own training sessions. This is my whole life.

    If you re-read my post you'll see that I stated that high level PL is unhealthy. I don't think that can be argued against, but I'm sure some will try.

    CONTEST LEVEL conditioning for top BB competition is unhealthy. It just is. I've been in peak condition using safe practices and I know that I was much healthier at 6 weeks out than 6 days out (peak week). Have you competed?

    Are you familiar with Dr Nortons work on metabolic and hormonal damage as a result of dieting? Does hormonal/metabolic damage sound healthy to you? It's not, but it is the reality of months of severe caloric restriction to a bodyfat percentage of <5%...often much lower

    Also, many are skeptical of which of the top "natural pros" are using banned substances, which do have health implications. Natural Bodybuilding is "tested" but not necessarily "natural".

    I agree that we all have to come to our own definition of what is healthy and what we are willing to sacrifice in pursuit of our goals. I work with a sports medicine team, and every day I have articles shoved in my face about the risks of my " extreme" approach. I'm a proponent of hard training and disciplined dieting, but I do NOT KNOW the long term (30+ years) results of these practices. Please don't pretend that you do.
  29. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by girthypiece View Post
    You labeled heavy lifting and contest dieting as "unhealthy" without mentioning what is "unhealthy" about any of it and are even further from providing evidence to substantiate your claims. I merely pointed out a guy that anyone could look up and not only see how he contest diets but also learn how it is not "unhealthy".
    You then pointed out how you do both things that you have claimed to be "unhealthy" while yourself remaining "healthy" even after an "unhealthy squat session. I can't imagine anyone learning anything from what you have posted other than to skip over future posts that you make.
    Yes please do skip over my posts. I don't enjoy bickering with you.

    I am a huge proponent of training and dieting. I coach 30+ sessions a week as a CSCS, in addition to my own training sessions. This is my whole life.

    If you re-read my post you'll see that I stated that high level PL is unhealthy. I don't think that can be argued against, but I'm sure some will try.

    CONTEST LEVEL conditioning for top BB competition is unhealthy. It just is. I've been in peak condition using safe practices and I know that I was much healthier at 6 weeks out than 6 days out (peak week). Have you competed?

    Are you familiar with Dr Nortons work on metabolic and hormonal damage as a result of dieting? Does hormonal/metabolic damage sound healthy to you? It's not, but it is the reality of months of severe caloric restriction to a bodyfat percentage of <5%...often much lower

    Also, many are skeptical of which of the top "natural pros" are using banned substances, which do have health implications. Natural Bodybuilding is "tested" but not necessarily "natural".

    I agree that we all have to come to our own definition of what is healthy and what we are willing to sacrifice in pursuit of our goals. I work with a sports medicine team, and every day I have articles shoved in my face about the risks of my " extreme" approach. I'm a proponent of hard training and disciplined dieting, but I do NOT KNOW the long term (30+ years) results of these practices. Please don't pretend that you do.
  30. Registered User
    fujindemon74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Because anabolism isn't needed in bodybuilding and most physical sports... Which are not considered strength athletes. Maybe you belong on steroids.com or something. And yes what YOU do may or may not be healthy. But weight training as opposed to not weight training IS in fact healthy.

    Just because your goal is powerlifting/strongman doesn't make it everyone's on this website
    You're funny.
  31. Registered User
    girthypiece's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Tampoco View Post

    Yes please do skip over my posts. I don't enjoy bickering with you.

    I am a huge proponent of training and dieting. I coach 30+ sessions a week as a CSCS, in addition to my own training sessions. This is my whole life.

    If you re-read my post you'll see that I stated that high level PL is unhealthy. I don't think that can be argued against, but I'm sure some will try.

    CONTEST LEVEL conditioning for top BB competition is unhealthy. It just is. I've been in peak condition using safe practices and I know that I was much healthier at 6 weeks out than 6 days out (peak week). Have you competed?

    Are you familiar with Dr Nortons work on metabolic and hormonal damage as a result of dieting? Does hormonal/metabolic damage sound healthy to you? It's not, but it is the reality of months of severe caloric restriction to a bodyfat percentage of <5%...often much lower

    Also, many are skeptical of which of the top "natural pros" are using banned substances, which do have health implications. Natural Bodybuilding is "tested" but not necessarily "natural".

    I agree that we all have to come to our own definition of what is healthy and what we are willing to sacrifice in pursuit of our goals. I work with a sports medicine team, and every day I have articles shoved in my face about the risks of my " extreme" approach. I'm a proponent of hard training and disciplined dieting, but I do NOT KNOW the long term (30+ years) results of these practices. Please don't pretend that you do.
    Metabolic damage more appropriately named adaptive thermogenesis is the result of poor contest dieting and programming aka the unhealthy kind. There is a better alternative, you should do some reading on what Norton actually promotes instead of throwing the name around and expecting it to have some kind of merit, the same way you're flaunting that cscs and how many potentially illadvised clients you hold.
    If you admittedly dont know the long term effects of something how could you possibly then label it as "unhealthy".
  32. Registered User
    girthypiece's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    31
    Answers
    0

    Also if you think highly competitive powerlifting is harmful to one's health how about you build a case and submit evidence instead of talking in circles.
  33. Registered User
    Tampoco's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    23
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by girthypiece View Post
    Also if you think highly competitive powerlifting is harmful to one's health how about you build a case and submit evidence instead of talking in circles.
    Who are you?! Get lost man!

    Do you compete? Have you dieted? Are you strong?

    You brought up norton... I couldn't care less about throwing names around.

    I'm not interested in talking to you about anything. Please ignore my posts like you promised you would.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Here's why all the top ## food lists are incomplete
    By ZiR RED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 04:47 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
  3. What are the top foods you shove in your face each day?
    By Thompson in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 10:21 PM
  4. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
  5. Article-Boiling up the facts about pasta and GI
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 02:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in