Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Just no to everything in this article.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Answers

I'm gonna go to the gym right now!!!! And do none of these exercises.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

No and no. And I'm not doing any exercise called Nancy. Kettle bell swings? Whats the fascination with this move?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

The overhead squat is not a "crossfit" move...it helps build up your snatch and to teach you balance. SMH on whoever thinks anything related and of relevance to the Olympic lifts was crafted specifically for this "cross fit" stuff...(trying to be less insulting of the term :D)
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

All posts expected, **** crossfit
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Before commenting, don't be ignorant. These moves have so many benefits and can allow for you to truly pack on muscle and strength. So, before making comments about how bad these are, 1) quit taking selfies in the mirror as your profile pic, 2) try some of these moves in your workouts and I guarantee you'll get stronger and put on size. Look at guys who compete in crossfit games, they are way bigger than most.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by cloyd View Post
    Before commenting, don't be ignorant. These moves have so many benefits and can allow for you to truly pack on muscle and strength. So, before making comments about how bad these are, 1) quit taking selfies in the mirror as your profile pic, 2) try some of these moves in your workouts and I guarantee you'll get stronger and put on size. Look at guys who compete in crossfit games, they are way bigger than most.
    To quote a a professional athlete RE the cross fit games (lol @ that) I forget who... "I'm not trying to be the best at exercise, I play real sports"
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Hell no!!! I have seen plenty of clowns get hurt at our gym!! CFr's always defend these movements as a real show of athleticism!!! What a JOKE!!!!!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

knew this would be a fun comment section...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

You're a jealous human being. Whats the matter cross fit didn't give you the body you were promised? Whats surprise! Lifting high reps and no weight and you didn't gain muscle?! You also didn't eatalot either.... Ohemgee what could've caused you NOT to get yoked?!
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I didn't say any of those things, also when training for crossfit you don't always do little weight with high reps. I guess you wouldn't know since you haven't tried. It's ok we all start out like you, thinking we buy some protein and take selfies in the mirror and become jacked. I hope one day you can realize the benefits of other things, including crossfit. It could really help you in many competitions.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I didn't say any of those things, also when training for crossfit you don't always do little weight with high reps. I guess you wouldn't know since you haven't tried. It's ok we all start out like you, thinking we buy some protein and take selfies in the mirror and become jacked. I hope one day you can realize the benefits of other things, including crossfit. It could really help you in many competitions.
    Umm, I bought some protein and took selfies in the mirror and I became jacked overnight. You must be doing it wrong.

As to why I hate crossfit...**** cardio....therefore **** crossfit
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by xigotmailx View Post

Umm, I bought some protein and took selfies in the mirror and I became jacked overnight. You must be doing it wrong.

As to why I hate crossfit...**** cardio....therefore **** crossfit
    Haha at least this guy has a sense of humor. Like the vador.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

I have never taken a selfie. I have a ball sack. I just can't see the point in inuring myself doing Olympic lifts with high reps it'd unsatisfying too
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I just like how AM keeps putting CF articles up, as well as using pics of CFers as the pic for tons of their articles as well.....makes me happy knowing it tweaks so many people out!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

True crossfit is only good for crossfit.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    No and no. And I'm not doing any exercise called Nancy. Kettle bell swings? Whats the fascination with this move?
    Your bashing the one exercise that is worth a crap in the article. Read a little bit from Dan John, kettle bell swings are a great exercise.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Any of you guys look like this at 5'7" 190? http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...-crossfit.html

Some of the exercises like overhead squat and thrusters are pretty legit.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Solid bro is solid.
    “To be stronger tomorrow than I am today…”
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Ignorance is fear

Originally Posted by Stl_Lift View Post
    Solid bro is solid.
    I have trained at elite mma gyms, Strength and conditioning schools and clubs that work with NFL athletes, Strongman gyms, Power lifting, and Body building gyms. Crossfit athletes are by far the FUNCTIONALLY strongest athletes i have ever trained with. The reason people get hurt is poor coaching. Thats just like any Golds Gym. Any football S&C coach, any MMA trainer, etc. Some trainers are idiots. But there are some that are very good. Crossfit Football is by far my favorite exercise program i have ever done. Tons of Heavy HEAVY Olympic lifting with sled drags rope climbs etc, with a huge emphasis on explosion. Which of you in here could do a do a King Kong wod. Look that up. I dont know why so many men hate on Crossfit. As a man I like to lift heavy things, I like to build for performance, and I like to be a beast. The Crossfit gym i used to train at is one of the top in the nation and it made me a beast.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Schyluer View Post

I have trained at elite mma gyms, Strength and conditioning schools and clubs that work with NFL athletes, Strongman gyms, Power lifting, and Body building gyms. Crossfit athletes are by far the FUNCTIONALLY strongest athletes i have ever trained with. The reason people get hurt is poor coaching. Thats just like any Golds Gym. Any football S&C coach, any MMA trainer, etc. Some trainers are idiots. But there are some that are very good. Crossfit Football is by far my favorite exercise program i have ever done. Tons of Heavy HEAVY Olympic lifting with sled drags rope climbs etc, with a huge emphasis on explosion. Which of you in here could do a do a King Kong wod. Look that up. I dont know why so many men hate on Crossfit. As a man I like to lift heavy things, I like to build for performance, and I like to be a beast. The Crossfit gym i used to train at is one of the top in the nation and it made me a beast.
    http://youtu.be/73YbiqPsF1I

King Kong Wod = super set welcome to bodybuilding 201, and the guy i just watched doing them was taking way to many breaks. Your supposed to do each exercise consecutively, not take a 15 second break between each rep.

How are cross-fitters the most functionally strong? Are there any cross-fitters who have done power lifting meets and broke records? Will I see a cross-fitters at this years met-rx world strongest man competition and blow by all the competition? The answer is no, because cross-fitters aren't the worlds strongest, power lifters are and to say and different is idiotic.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  277 lbs.
    Answers

It's so funny to see how much hate there is for Crossfit by so many self professed experts. If you ask any legitimate S&C coach worth his salt, he'll tell you that these lifts have their place. Crossfit didn't create them. They just utilize them. How kettlebell swings are a worthless movement is beyond me. I guess if you just want to get big and not be able to actually do anything with your size then these movements aren't for you. Talk to Andy Bolton about KB swings.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Your bashing the one exercise that is worth a crap in the article. Read a little bit from Dan John, kettle bell swings are a great exercise.
    was thinking the same thing, lol....
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post

http://youtu.be/73YbiqPsF1I

King Kong Wod = super set welcome to bodybuilding 201, and the guy i just watched doing them was taking way to many breaks. Your supposed to do each exercise consecutively, not take a 15 second break between each rep.

How are cross-fitters the most functionally strong? Are there any cross-fitters who have done power lifting meets and broke records? Will I see a cross-fitters at this years met-rx world strongest man competition and blow by all the competition? The answer is no, because cross-fitters aren't the worlds strongest, power lifters are and to say and different is idiotic.
    You will never hear a CFer claim to be the worlds strongest...that is not the goal. The goal is to be fit. Take the met-Rx winner and ask him to then go run a mile, see how that works out for him! Yes, be may be stronger than an Ox, but not necessarily fit!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post

You will never hear a CFer claim to be the worlds strongest...that is not the goal. The goal is to be fit. Take the met-Rx winner and ask him to then go run a mile, see how that works out for him! Yes, be may be stronger than an Ox, but not necessarily fit!
    So y'all are just better than everyone just not the best at anything haha.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post

So y'all are just better than everyone just not the best at anything haha.
    You said it, not me
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

You said it, not me
    Cool because I just love crossfit. Everyone I know doing crossfit is turning into rich froning.

In all serious(which is hard to do while discussing this topic), most crossfit people don't seem to know how to program. They neglect actual strength.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Cool because I just love crossfit. Everyone I know doing crossfit is turning into rich froning.

In all serious(which is hard to do while discussing this topic), most crossfit people don't seem to know how to program. They neglect actual strength.
    I'll give you that one, good programming is very hard to find, especially since a lot of people wing it. IF, and big IF, you find a gym/trainer that is any good it's a great way to train IMO.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I'll give you that one, good programming is very hard to find, especially since a lot of people wing it. IF, and big IF, you find a gym/trainer that is any good it's a great way to train IMO.
    Agreed but that is very hard to find and probably often times very expensive. I get the whole you get what you pay for but damn crossfit boxes aren't cheap. I think crossfit boxes with a focus on strength is ideal. I have seen a few of them online from a blog/forum. But they are more crossfit in name than principle.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed but that is very hard to find and probably often times very expensive. I get the whole you get what you pay for but damn crossfit boxes aren't cheap. I think crossfit boxes with a focus on strength is ideal. I have seen a few of them online from a blog/forum. But they are more crossfit in name than principle.
    They are a lil pricey. I went to one for a while with my wife that cost us $105 a month for 3 days a week each. Not too bad
  32. Registered User
    Answers

I'm not sure about the kipups or w/e those pull ups are called, or the rest of crossfits stuff, think the company program/idea w/e is stupid.

but training at high intensities with heavy weight is hard. and isn't for everyone, like the weak, lazy, or whiney.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

They are a lil pricey. I went to one for a while with my wife that cost us $105 a month for 3 days a week each. Not too bad
    It really depends on the area. I got talked to by a guy I know who does crossfit today and he says he pays $70 a month. Which for this area is quite expensive considering most fitness centers cost $20-30 a month here. Plus a large portion of the population has the ability to go to an Air Force base and use the base fitness center. And again who knows the quality of place. Some of the people who are joining don't know what to look for anyway when it comes to programming.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I've tried CF. As a bodybuilder it wasn't for me but I gave it an honest go. My problem is with the cult and the ignorant people who preach CF (Not all but most). And to the bro who said the guys in the CF Games are pretty big, Yeah they were bodybuilding for years before switching over. Also Olympic lifts are NOT CF specific! OL's have been around for ever.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Othello1276 View Post
    It's so funny to see how much hate there is for Crossfit by so many self professed experts. If you ask any legitimate S&C coach worth his salt, he'll tell you that these lifts have their place. Crossfit didn't create them. They just utilize them. How kettlebell swings are a worthless movement is beyond me. I guess if you just want to get big and not be able to actually do anything with your size then these movements aren't for you. Talk to Andy Bolton about KB swings.
    Some of the moves are good. It's the fact that 30 plus reps of overhead snatch ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOUR BODY! They are meant to be a 3-6 rep explosive movement. How much explosion do you think you have on your 10th? 20th? 30th? What you will get is a demolished back. Have fun.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    The overhead squat is not a "crossfit" move...it helps build up your snatch and to teach you balance. SMH on whoever thinks anything related and of relevance to the Olympic lifts was crafted specifically for this "cross fit" stuff...(trying to be less insulting of the term :D)
    Thanks brother for straightening that one out for those that don't know better
    Independent Review
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

You must be new here...
    Dumb indeed. Trust me the gentlemen you speak of did not get "big" performing "crossfit" exercises. They did so the old school way, then transitioned.

Please just stop with your venomous and uninformed comments

Btw crossfit is just a hodgepodge of traditional exercises mixed together. Period...
    Independent Review
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

wow, some very ignorant and some very educated comments.

I am no cross fitter, but kb swings and overhead squats are just amazing, thrusters not so much unless you can use a viper or log, because the wrists placement with the bb variation is just taxing as hell.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  277 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post

Some of the moves are good. It's the fact that 30 plus reps of overhead snatch ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOUR BODY! They are meant to be a 3-6 rep explosive movement. How much explosion do you think you have on your 10th? 20th? 30th? What you will get is a demolished back. Have fun.
    Yeah, I definitely agree with you on how these OL's should be utilized because they are damn taxing on the body. But I do think if they are performed properly, high reps have their place. The thing is with Crossfit, is that I don't think that it's sustainable in the long term. Bodybuilding, you can do pretty much forever, in some form or another.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Othello1276 View Post
    Yeah, I definitely agree with you on how these OL's should be utilized because they are damn taxing on the body. But I do think if they are performed properly, high reps have their place. The thing is with Crossfit, is that I don't think that it's sustainable in the long term. Bodybuilding, you can do pretty much forever, in some form or another.
    I agree that high rep movements have their place. I just think with an explosive movement like Overhead Snatch, it is utilized totally wrong. You are also right about the sustainability. Imagine being in your 50's trying that crap. haha Hell, I have no qualms with the Overhead Squat, I have utilized them before. Good whole body lift that teaches you more coordination because it is self-correcting. You either can do it or you can't. haha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whoever moved you guys should be shot.
    By poison in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. What do you all do for a living?
    By Rock Lee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 08:38 PM
  3. THIS SUX, What would you guys do?
    By INFLUENCER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 03:30 PM
  4. what do you guys do for shoulder training?
    By hamper19 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:07 AM
  5. knowing what you're doing
    By sage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 12:25 PM