Answers

Article: FDA Rules DMAA Non-Natural

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Answers

Whatever!
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Haha anyone who ran dmaa lost their natty cards ;) ...according to the FDA ...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

"to protect consumers when the agency believes a product regulated under its jurisdiction is unsafe."

HA!! They claim 60 deaths related to DMAA and want to ban it while they let the big pharmaceutical companies keep pumping out drugs that have in their disclaimer that it might kill you! Talk about the tail wagging the dog! It's all in how much the FDA crooks can shove in their pockets!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I have to agree with lukehayd on that one. What about banning all drugs that might cause you a heart attack, give you thoughts of suicide, potentially give you the runs, cause you to sleepwalks and hallucinate! Seriously!!!!:rasp:
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Stock up time
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  196 lbs.
    Answers

There are 500 deaths a year from tylenol...who gives a **** about DMAA and thanks for taking away the choice from the consumer. Time to stock up and sell it at twice the price in a year
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by bushyman View Post
    I have to agree with lukehayd on that one. What about banning all drugs that might cause you a heart attack, give you thoughts of suicide, potentially give you the runs, cause you to sleepwalks and hallucinate! Seriously!!!!:rasp:
    Not to mention all of the people who are facing issues with substance abuse because they were given opiate based painkillers BY THEIR DR!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

****ing morons
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

remind you its the same people who took away PP.... hate this mess.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.
    Answers

but aspartame and MSG: "perfectly safe".

riiiight!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    "to protect consumers when the agency believes a product regulated under its jurisdiction is unsafe."

HA!! They claim 60 deaths related to DMAA and want to ban it while they let the big pharmaceutical companies keep pumping out drugs that have in their disclaimer that it might kill you! Talk about the tail wagging the dog! It's all in how much the FDA crooks can shove in their pockets!
    Preach on brotha!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

the difference is the drugs have been licenced and with any drug comes an information sheet enclosed It acknowledges thatsome drugs produce side effects which are listed-most common side effects listed first.If you suffer from any side effect you are advised to stop taking it and see your doctor
    With DMAA its not been extensively tested on humans to my knowledge so the side effects are not known until they happen to a consumer.

its unfortunate that a ruling like this gets people backs up and start shouting what about this drug, that drug etc We have a population that smokes tobacco and drinks alcohol and we know the damage that they can do , but they are sold and consumed having been passed by the govt and thats the fundamental difference -DMAA hasnt.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Time to stock up on some Crap 3D
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    but aspartame and MSG: "perfectly safe".

riiiight!
    and prescribing opiates to people who "need" them...
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    the difference is the drugs have been licenced and with any drug comes an information sheet enclosed It acknowledges thatsome drugs produce side effects which are listed-most common side effects listed first.If you suffer from any side effect you are advised to stop taking it and see your doctor
    With DMAA its not been extensively tested on humans to my knowledge so the side effects are not known until they happen to a consumer.

its unfortunate that a ruling like this gets people backs up and start shouting what about this drug, that drug etc We have a population that smokes tobacco and drinks alcohol and we know the damage that they can do , but they are sold and consumed having been passed by the govt and thats the fundamental difference -DMAA hasnt.
    I see what you are saying and understand. But taking into consideration your statement, why not then have warning labels on supp products and let the consumer decide? Alcohol is sold and causes much more deaths than supplements and more soldiers die by committing suicide more than in actual combat. Root causes are never addressed. So then... where is the logic in banning DMAA?
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

I see what you are saying and understand. But taking into consideration your statement, why not then have warning labels on supp products and let the consumer decide? Alcohol is sold and causes much more deaths than supplements and more soldiers die by committing suicide more than in actual combat. Root causes are never addressed. So then... where is the logic in banning DMAA?
    if they feel they need to ban DMAA, then they should also ban all cookies and sweets because they can cause diabetes...
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Answers

...just dont ban sex cause it cause aids or blisters on your dick...

thats all i care about..they can take away my stims but dont take away my poon!
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by Lifting View Post
    Amen

Get ready for the sales!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

This is gonna cause more people to just purchase bulk DMAA and put themselves at a high risk of overdosing and hurting themselves. Bulk DMAA is a hell of a lot worse since most people take too much and can't properly dose it.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

There are so many "legal" drugs that have far worse effects on people than DMAA could ever dream about. That hogwash from the poster who said it hasn't gone through the FDA obviously doesn't know how the FDA works. It's basically a giant pay off scheme to get product legalized. Why do you think things like MSG and aspartame and opiates are still legal? Big Pharma and Big Food spend a lot of their profitgs making sure that they stay that way. Big Pharma manipulates their studies so they can pass their product. Eli Lily got in trouble for this a few years back only because it was painfully obvious. Even dangerous drugs don't get pulled unless there is a SEVERE outcry. Or better yet, a couple of doctors looking to clear their conscience from peddling their wares look to have it banned. A lot of people are almost more screwed up GOING to the "trusted" doctor. I am personally not the biggest DMAA fan, I just think it sets a bad precedent. At the same time, some of the lowly and unscrupulous supplement companies need to stop f*cking it up for the rest of us and putting drugs and who knows what else in their products.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Eye opening and shocking that its 2013 and the FDA is just challenging Supplement powerhouses, USP still makes great products and if used correctly negative side effects are very hit and miss.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Eye opening and shocking that its 2013 and the FDA is just challenging Supplement powerhouses, USP still makes great products and if used correctly negative side effects are very hit and miss.
    exactly
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Answers

If there were DMAA in cigarettes, no one would give a damn.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    If there were DMAA in cigarettes, no one would give a damn.
    I'm upset my bath salts were contaminated DMAA. Its appetite suppression made me eat less faces. Plus, it's stim-dick properties made my goods look smaller while I was running around naked.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by swim15 View Post
    There are 500 deaths a year from tylenol...who gives a **** about DMAA and thanks for taking away the choice from the consumer. Time to stock up and sell it at twice the price in a year
    Precisely. I used DMAA once and it made me feel like absolute horse szit. Therefore, I do think it's a dangerous supp. However, if they are going to ban it they may as well ban cigarettes and alcohol while they are at it. I mean the death toll on those has to make DMAA look like candy. Banning DMAA is an idiotic decision by people who really don't care about anything but money and government power.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by Onceyougojack View Post
    Stock up time
    no problem to stock and find in future here in east europe;-);-);-)
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    Precisely. I used DMAA once and it made me feel like absolute horse szit. Therefore, I do think it's a dangerous supp. However, if they are going to ban it they may as well ban cigarettes and alcohol while they are at it. I mean the death toll on those has to make DMAA look like candy. Banning DMAA is an idiotic decision by people who really don't care about anything but money and government power.
    i still think many are missing the point -its no good quoting products such as cigarettes , alcohol etc in the same context because whether they have health problems associated with them or not , they have been approved by respective governments as suitable for human consumption , DMAA hasnt , simple as that.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Because very few people will buy most any supplement on their own if it says "may cause death". The only reason why I may take any prescription med that says "may cause, death" is because I have had too, not by personal choice. If I have a free willing choice to take Jack3d, for example only, and it states "may cause excessive heart beats and heart attacks" then I probably am not going to buy it...
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    Cigs and Alcohol have warning labels, Cigs are known to cause lung cancer and death, Alcohol is known to be the cause of deaths and it is readily accepted by the public. DMAA and just about every single supplement in existing isn't readily used by the MAJORITY of the public. Believe it or not, supplement use is in the minority even though it is a multi billion dollar industry it still pales in comparison to medicines, cigs, and alcohol.

Few people are defending supplements (100 million) where as 5 billion are defending Cigs and Alcohol, for instance.

I'm not advocating that DMAA causes death, I am just pointing out the facts.
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by corsaking View Post

Which is why it is a shame. Our regulatory system is built around exceptions and hypocrisy. You could take your statement a step further regarding the tobacco industry and research how much revenue the government takes in taxes from the sale of tobacco. It's no wonder they "dont go there".
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. FDA says DMAA is not natural
    By BaDgErFaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
  2. Article on recent DMAA situation
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
  3. New FDA ruling could jeopordize all supplements
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements