Article: Marriage Makes You Fat

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Marriage Makes You Fat

2. Registered User
    Answers

There is no decisive evidence that satisfied marriages are because the couple "gains weight". This is absurd. You lose weight from divorce due to stress. You have a divorce because you jumped the gun and exchanged vows haphazardly and you have no spine to stick through it or you simply don't value marriage enough to keep going with it. That's a cultural issue, not a weight issue.

I don't like this article because it totally negates the important aspects of divorces and why they happen. Simply put, both partners (that get a divorce) are selfish and therefore unsatisfied. When you are unsatisfied, you worry about things like how you look, how you feel, and how much attention you are getting from the world. You basically find you worth in everything BUT your spouse. You focus on yourself rather than your spouse.

Again, silly connections. And loose connections at best.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Lol .. I can say me n wife did gain some weight at first, but then got a membership to the gym and starting living a healthier lifestyle.. heavier then we started but not from being fat but from being leaner
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    There is no decisive evidence that satisfied marriages are because the couple "gains weight". This is absurd. You lose weight from divorce due to stress. You have a divorce because you jumped the gun and exchanged vows haphazardly and you have no spine to stick through it or you simply don't value marriage enough to keep going with it. That's a cultural issue, not a weight issue.

I don't like this article because it totally negates the important aspects of divorces and why they happen. Simply put, both partners (that get a divorce) are selfish and therefore unsatisfied. When you are unsatisfied, you worry about things like how you look, how you feel, and how much attention you are getting from the world. You basically find you worth in everything BUT your spouse. You focus on yourself rather than your spouse.

Again, silly connections. And loose connections at best.
    I totally agree with you!
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Lol .. I can say me n wife did gain some weight at first, but then got a membership to the gym and starting living a healthier lifestyle.. heavier then we started but not from being fat but from being leaner
    Exactly.

I met my wife in the gym. So what does that say about us then? We look and feel better now than ever before, lol.

In fact, I have gained weight too but it's been good weight ~ 10lbs of muscle. I haven't ever been so jacked as I am now since I have been married.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.
    Answers

Exactly.

I met my wife in the gym. So what does that say about us then? We look and feel better now than ever before, lol.

In fact, I have gained weight too but it's been good weight ~ 10lbs of muscle. I haven't ever been so jacked as I am now since I have been married.
    My husband and I are both eating clean, we hired each one a coach we do resistance/weight training daily with one day off. He was skinny when I met him I was a bit chubby. We are both happy and love each other the way we were. Now we just one to be healthier, we have a 2 year old baby. We want to be more active and I'm hoping to participate on my first competition next year!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Exactly.

Yessir.. Cheers to gains lol but yea, I guess it all depends on if you have that someone to support your goals and maybe even train with you. N that, i guess, would b the determining factor haha.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
  2. Test pills make you fat?
    By 2big4u in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 01:00 AM
  3. 7 Eating Styles That Make You Fat
    By yeahright in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 12:10 PM