Article: Meat For Postworkout Nutrition

  1. Registered User
    The Press's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,217
    Rep Power
    3059

    Article: Meat For Postworkout Nutrition



  2. Registered User
    SXIPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    92137

    Fried minced meat. WTF?
  3. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    645621

    It means train and eat 6oz or more of meat protein PWO.

    Common sense.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    336127

    Eating protein post workout? I'm pretty sure that wont do anything.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  5. Registered User
    Clowpuncher2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    27

    The should have said hamburger. Fried minced meat is so redundant....
  6. Registered User
    easye7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    23

    Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Fried minced meat. WTF?
    I gotta assume they mean just cooked up in a pan with a bit of oil, not like deep fried.
  7. Registered User
    easye7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    23

    I sometimes have meat post workout, if it just happens to workout like that, but this..."The study was financed by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association [beef.org] and by Canada Beef [canadabeef.ca]."...is a bit suspect, no? Not saying the study isn't valid, but there's gotta be a less bias source, right?
  8. Registered User
    SXIPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    92137

    Originally Posted by easye7 View Post
    I gotta assume they mean just cooked up in a pan with a bit of oil, not like deep fried.
    The minced meat is what sketched me out. Perhaps it's just the terminology. I think of minced meat as the bottom of the barrell variety meat.
  9. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    645621

    Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    The minced meat is what sketched me out. Perhaps it's just the terminology. I think of minced meat as the bottom of the barrell variety meat.
    Or just chopped up filet minon.

    This is wild that "eating meat after training for increased protein sythesis" is news to every one. How are you guys even making gains in the gym without applying this basic advice?
  10. Registered User
    easye7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    23

    Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Or just chopped up filet minon. This is wild that "eating meat after training for increased protein sythesis" is news to every one. How are you guys even making gains in the gym without applying this basic advice?
    I don't really eat anything specific post workout, sometimes its dinner (lean meat, veggies, some fat, some carbs maybe) or I have a shake (whey and milk). Unless you are training in a fasted state, I thought nutrient timing wasn't all that important. I'd imagine there is two sides to the argument though.
  11. Registered User
    SXIPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    92137

    I eat raw beef during my workout. Scares the hell out of the p u s s i e s curling in the squat rack.
  12. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    645621

    Originally Posted by easye7 View Post
    I don't really eat anything specific post workout, sometimes its dinner (lean meat, veggies, some fat, some carbs maybe) or I have a shake (whey and milk). Unless you are training in a fasted state, I thought nutrient timing wasn't all that important. I'd imagine there is two sides to the argument though.
    I'd say experiment and see for yourself. I personally believe in the 1hr window after training. Experiential evidence indicates that such things matter for desireable nutrient partitioning.
  13. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,437
    Rep Power
    645621

    Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    I eat raw beef during my workout. Scares the hell out of the p u s s i e s curling in the squat rack.
    Curling in the squat rack is better than EZ curl bar, imo. Straight bar > EZ curl bar.
  14. Registered User
    SXIPro's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    92137

    Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Curling in the squat rack is better than EZ curl bar, imo. Straight bar > EZ curl bar.
    I don't care what bar they use. Just don't curl in the damn squat rack.
  15. Registered User
    dmillz224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    p'cola
    Age
    31
    Posts
    652
    Rep Power
    453

    Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    I don't care what bar they use. Just don't curl in the damn squat rack.
    What he said X2
  16. Registered User
    IrishSoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    333773

    This article failed.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Interesting Article About Discussing Health/Nutrition (long)
    By Nitrox in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 06:25 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 02:20 AM
  4. Postworkout nutrition opinions
    By srx600 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 01:24 PM
  5. Which meat for lunch?
    By Inzah Dude in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in