Article: How You Get Fat From Diet Soda

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: How You Get Fat From Diet Soda

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

An insulin response is a problem but fortunately for humans, we can exercise choice and willpower where rats can't. Along with showing a correlation of diet soda to fat people, I see an underlying cause of obesity being poor dietary choices around diet soda. It would be interesting to see a study comparing fitness minded people with healthy diets who drink diet soda to fat people. I would bet this study works out to a small correlation.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Good point, but I'm guessing there are more people out there with the poor diets, drinking diet soda and not exercising. It would be interesting to see.

I have often heard and read that carbonated beverages like soda, regardless of diet or not, are not good for your body. Granted, one or two a month might not do any serious damage, but, I bet having one per day is not something that's beneficial.

My sister is addicted to Diet Coke and is always craving cookies and pizza. Having read this, it all makes sense.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

"It makes you hungrier and crave even more sugar and starchy carbs like bread and pasta."
    "Tell that to a 200-pound 5-year-old with diabetes and liver failure. Our taste buds have been hijacked by the food and diet industry. We are programmed to like sweet, salt, and fat tastes."

It's all about education and choices. Think that 200 lb. 5 year old has a lot of say about what they get to eat or is their parents making those desicions? Can we choose to give in to those cravings or can we make good nutritional choices based on what we know? Yes, the food industry is a part of the weight and health problems we have in this country, but the major part of the problem is the people consuming the unhealthy foods. I don't see anyone holding a gun to the head of the fat guy in front of me in line at fast food places. If we could just educate the country and help people make better choices we would have a far healthier country.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Answers

What a complete joke of an article. Telling people its not their fault and feigning responsibility isnt going to help any. "We did a 10-day sugar-free detox with our online community, and 600 people lost more than 4,000 pounds in 10 days!" who even says things like this? Why make me do the math and try to make your numbers sound so large and amazing. Thats 6.67 pounds in 10 days? That sounds healthy! Even though likely it 90% water and glycogen. Youre no better than the diet soda marketing teams spewing your filth.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

There have been numerous studies showing only some artificial sweeteners provoke an insulin response. This article is full of speculations and half truths. I eat natural whole foods as a matter of policy and so don't use artificial sweeteners but this article is still junk science.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by uoft23 View Post
    There have been numerous studies showing only some artificial sweeteners provoke an insulin response. This article is full of speculations and half truths. I eat natural whole foods as a matter of policy and so don't use artificial sweeteners but this article is still junk science.
    The way this article is written is worse than the propaganda the diet soda companies release. Once I got to the pumps out insulin claim I stopped reading ... as stated there are numerous studies showing artificial sweeteners have a zero insulin response.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  166 lbs.
    Answers

This article is trash. Losing fat is all about calories in vs. calories out. The insulin stuff is complete broscience
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Not to rekindle a somewhat dead topic but is carbonation from a diet soda bade for someone trying to lose weight and get in shape?

So many conflicting things on the net that I'm at a point where I just drink water. Of course this is until they come out and say thats bad for me then I'm screwed.

Was just curious about the carbonation topic. I would love to drink a can or even half a can of diet ginger ale but not if its somewhat bad. Ugh damn you bro science.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how you will call my diet?
    By grigs in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 08:38 AM
  2. Can You Get Benefits From Taking Vegetable Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
  3. how to get Nolva from a doctor
    By fochiqua in forum Anabolics