Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Trutein FTW
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Isn't capitalizing on the "pronounced peak" why most people consume a whey shake directly after and then eat a meal an hour later?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Edit: double post, wasn't showing up earlier
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    But isn't this why most people take advantage of the peak whey provides and then eat a meal an hour or so later?
    I agree. This study did not include a meal...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Dymatize Elite XT. 3 kinds of protein. Love it. Tastes great. Inexpensive . Been using it 3 years. Best low cost protein I've come by with as many benefits.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

This study seems to be pretty poor. First, look at the two charts. Compare the area where Whey protein is greater than the blend to the area where whey protein is less effective than the blend. I wouldn't be as concerned with the levels of phenylalanine as much as I would total BCAA. Also, the charts show that peak concentration of whey in the blood is about 40 minutes in. The FSR % was measured at 2 hours... This is when the blend is at its peak. If the FSR% was measured at 40 minutes, the chart would be wildly skewed toward whey having an advantage. This means that whey played a much larger role in muscle repair and hyptertrophy early on.

Look up research by John Ivy, the ideal scenario would be to take whey protein every 90-120 minutes for a few hours post workout.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Legacyfighter View Post
    This study seems to be pretty poor. First, look at the two charts. Compare the area where Whey protein is greater than the blend to the area where whey protein is less effective than the blend. I wouldn't be as concerned with the levels of phenylalanine as much as I would total BCAA. Also, the charts show that peak concentration of whey in the blood is about 40 minutes in. The FSR % was measured at 2 hours... This is when the blend is at its peak. If the FSR% was measured at 40 minutes, the chart would be wildly skewed toward whey having an advantage. This means that whey played a much larger role in muscle repair and hyptertrophy early on.

Look up research by John Ivy, the ideal scenario would be to take whey protein every 90-120 minutes for a few hours post workout.
    So you're saying to take a whey shake immediately after as well as taking a shake 1.5 to 2 hours later
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by zcol94 View Post

So you're saying to take a whey shake immediately after as well as taking a shake 1.5 to 2 hours later
    Sounds logical to me
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by zcol94 View Post
    yes absolutely. the only time i'd really be concerned about taking a blend, and really casein only would be better, is prior to sleep.
    Need2 Transformation Progress http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167648-legacyfighters-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 11:17 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 11:07 AM
  4. Casein better than Whey?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 02:51 PM