Article: Paleo Diet Shopping List

  1. Registered User
    The Press's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,222
    Rep Power
    3062

    Article: Paleo Diet Shopping List



  2. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,443
    Rep Power
    645627

    What is the benefit of removing Legumes?

    What is the ultimate goal of Paleo that other diets cannot achieve?
  3. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849
    •   
       

  4. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At the buffet
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27397

    Paleo = broscience. Overly restrictive for no scientific reason.
  5. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Paleo = broscience. Overly restrictive for no scientific reason.
    To say it is bro science is bro science at its finest right there.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. Registered User
    rrritchaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    41

    Subd for later read
  7. Registered User
    Slader1@gmail's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    44

    Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    What is the benefit of removing Legumes?

    What is the ultimate goal of Paleo that other diets cannot achieve?
    Legumes have higher than optimal concentrations of inflammatory compounds and anti-nutrients like lignans. Like grains and most dairy, humans aren't adapted to thrive on this food group.

    The paleo diet, in my own terms, is in pursuit of optimal health, using evolutionary biology and scientific evidence as guidelines. As an ex-bodybuilder turned health-nut, I can attest that while you CAN and probably will get big on a diet full of wheat, cheese, preservatives and factory farmed meats; you will NEVER be as healthy as you could be, and your body will hate you for it. I've reached my muscular genetic potential using a highly restrictive paleoish diet focusing on organic plants animals and eggs. My testosterone has skyrocketted, I'm rarely ill, and I'm enjoying superb mental clarity. I've never felt better in my life.
  8. Registered User
    Vote4pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    413

    Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    What is the benefit of removing Legumes?

    What is the ultimate goal of Paleo that other diets cannot achieve?
    Another Fad ... While u should eat natural and unprocessed food some of the Paleo strictness is non sense ... Nothing wrong with Legumes, they are high In fiber and theyr solid carbs that pack on good protein ... En of story

    Originally Posted by Slader1@gmail View Post

    Legumes have higher than optimal concentrations of inflammatory compounds and anti-nutrients like lignans. Like grains and most dairy, humans aren't adapted to thrive on this food group.

    The paleo diet, in my own terms, is in pursuit of optimal health, using evolutionary biology and scientific evidence as guidelines. As an ex-bodybuilder turned health-nut, I can attest that while you CAN and probably will get big on a diet full of wheat, cheese, preservatives and factory farmed meats; you will NEVER be as healthy as you could be, and your body will hate you for it. I've reached my muscular genetic potential using a highly restrictive paleoish diet focusing on organic plants animals and eggs. My testosterone has skyrocketted, I'm rarely ill, and I'm enjoying superb mental clarity. I've never felt better in my life.
    Most Caveman or pre historic man that ate "Paleo style" didn't live past 30-40

    Paleo had a good POV but don't forget is 2013 and NOT 2000 BC ... The advancements in the supplementation world and food discoveries are to our advantage ... Eat primarily natural and non procesed foods, supplement the rest ...
  9. Registered User
    CopyCat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,262
    Rep Power
    719849

    Originally Posted by Vote4pedro View Post

    Another Fad ... While u should eat natural and unprocessed food some of the Paleo strictness is non sense ... Nothing wrong with Legumes, they are high In fiber and theyr solid carbs that pack on good protein ... En of story

    Most Caveman or pre historic man that ate "Paleo style" didn't live past 30-40

    Paleo had a good POV but don't forget is 2013 and NOT 2000 BC ... The advancements in the supplementation world and food discoveries are to our advantage ... Eat primarily natural and non procesed foods, supplement the rest ...
    To say they did not live past 30 or 40 is simply wrong to say as well if it is an argument against the paleo diet. You seem to forget about the many many other causes of death such as environmental factors, he'll or things like the invention of penicillin. These things play a much larger role in their life expectancy. Not their diet. They are able to determine Paleolithic mans rate of things such as diabetes and heart disease compared to now and it favors them. Simply put.

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,443
    Rep Power
    645627

    I hear both sides clearly. But I think its foolish to say Paleo is superior simply based on various studies on what men ate 4000 yrs ago. Pretty sure men ate whatever was available to them. Some had various mammals as a choice, others predominantly ate fish perhaps, and still others ate rice and veggies.

    Since we have it all here in present day America, I would like to entertain the idea that if we knew what each food is composed of and knew what micronutrients we needed for optimum health, couldnt we figure out that the point is to meet micronutrient and caloric requirements? And not so much on how to get those requirements?

    At the end of the day, overall health is never measured by diet alone, but its clear that many things determine overall health such as Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, or stress levels, or even amount of physical exercise plays a huge factor as well. Its the combination of all things that make up a healthy life, not the removal of starches or legumes or whatever the health and science community is tryin to sell at that point in time. Everything in moderation will always trump the extreme approaches, imo.

    Good for u Paleoist dieters, I'm happy u found something. I'm also certain that removing green beans and fresh purple hull peas is doing nothing for me but removing quite possibly the greatest balanced sources of fibrous carbs from my diet. Not to mention, peas are loaded with protein, too.
  11. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    45135

    Originally Posted by Vote4pedro View Post

    Another Fad ... While u should eat natural and unprocessed food some of the Paleo strictness is non sense ... Nothing wrong with Legumes, they are high In fiber and theyr solid carbs that pack on good protein ... En of story

    Most Caveman or pre historic man that ate "Paleo style" didn't live past 30-40

    Paleo had a good POV but don't forget is 2013 and NOT 2000 BC ... The advancements in the supplementation world and food discoveries are to our advantage ... Eat primarily natural and non procesed foods, supplement the rest ...
    They didn't live past 30 or 40 because if quality of life. I'm not for or against paleo diets.
  12. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,412
    Rep Power
    1807706

    Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    I hear both sides clearly. But I think its foolish to say Paleo is superior simply based on various studies on what men ate 4000 yrs ago. Pretty sure men ate whatever was available to them. Some had various mammals as a choice, others predominantly ate fish perhaps, and still others ate rice and veggies.

    Since we have it all here in present day America, I would like to entertain the idea that if we knew what each food is composed of and knew what micronutrients we needed for optimum health, couldnt we figure out that the point is to meet micronutrient and caloric requirements? And not so much on how to get those requirements?

    At the end of the day, overall health is never measured by diet alone, but its clear that many things determine overall health such as Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, or stress levels, or even amount of physical exercise plays a huge factor as well. Its the combination of all things that make up a healthy life, not the removal of starches or legumes or whatever the health and science community is tryin to sell at that point in time. Everything in moderation will always trump the extreme approaches, imo.

    Good for u Paleoist dieters, I'm happy u found something. I'm also certain that removing green beans and fresh purple hull peas is doing nothing for me but removing quite possibly the greatest balanced sources of fibrous carbs from my diet. Not to mention, peas are loaded with protein, too.
    I don't think they are trying to say it's superior, everyone is different and responds differently to various dieting methods. The paleo diet is simply a diet, a way of eating, not superior to any other diet just a personal preference.
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Make My shopping List
    By Kam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Interesting Article on Dieting by Blood Type.
    By Quinc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 12:10 AM
  3. Shopping List
    By Cuffs in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
  4. Shopping List/Routine
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 01:07 AM
  5. Shopping Lists
    By MadChild in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in