Article: Paleo Diet Shopping List

1. Registered User

Article: Paleo Diet Shopping List

2. Registered User

What is the benefit of removing Legumes?

What is the ultimate goal of Paleo that other diets cannot achieve?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    •   

4. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Paleo = broscience. Overly restrictive for no scientific reason.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Paleo = broscience. Overly restrictive for no scientific reason.
    To say it is bro science is bro science at its finest right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. Registered User

Subd for later read
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

Legumes have higher than optimal concentrations of inflammatory compounds and anti-nutrients like lignans. Like grains and most dairy, humans aren't adapted to thrive on this food group.

The paleo diet, in my own terms, is in pursuit of optimal health, using evolutionary biology and scientific evidence as guidelines. As an ex-bodybuilder turned health-nut, I can attest that while you CAN and probably will get big on a diet full of wheat, cheese, preservatives and factory farmed meats; you will NEVER be as healthy as you could be, and your body will hate you for it. I've reached my muscular genetic potential using a highly restrictive paleoish diet focusing on organic plants animals and eggs. My testosterone has skyrocketted, I'm rarely ill, and I'm enjoying superb mental clarity. I've never felt better in my life.
  8. Registered User

Another Fad ... While u should eat natural and unprocessed food some of the Paleo strictness is non sense ... Nothing wrong with Legumes, they are high In fiber and theyr solid carbs that pack on good protein ... En of story

Originally Posted by Slader1@gmail View Post

Legumes have higher than optimal concentrations of inflammatory compounds and anti-nutrients like lignans. Like grains and most dairy, humans aren't adapted to thrive on this food group.

The paleo diet, in my own terms, is in pursuit of optimal health, using evolutionary biology and scientific evidence as guidelines. As an ex-bodybuilder turned health-nut, I can attest that while you CAN and probably will get big on a diet full of wheat, cheese, preservatives and factory farmed meats; you will NEVER be as healthy as you could be, and your body will hate you for it. I've reached my muscular genetic potential using a highly restrictive paleoish diet focusing on organic plants animals and eggs. My testosterone has skyrocketted, I'm rarely ill, and I'm enjoying superb mental clarity. I've never felt better in my life.
    Most Caveman or pre historic man that ate "Paleo style" didn't live past 30-40

Paleo had a good POV but don't forget is 2013 and NOT 2000 BC ... The advancements in the supplementation world and food discoveries are to our advantage ... Eat primarily natural and non procesed foods, supplement the rest ...
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Originally Posted by Vote4pedro View Post

Another Fad ... While u should eat natural and unprocessed food some of the Paleo strictness is non sense ... Nothing wrong with Legumes, they are high In fiber and theyr solid carbs that pack on good protein ... En of story

Paleo had a good POV but don't forget is 2013 and NOT 2000 BC ... The advancements in the supplementation world and food discoveries are to our advantage ... Eat primarily natural and non procesed foods, supplement the rest ...
    To say they did not live past 30 or 40 is simply wrong to say as well if it is an argument against the paleo diet. You seem to forget about the many many other causes of death such as environmental factors, he'll or things like the invention of penicillin. These things play a much larger role in their life expectancy. Not their diet. They are able to determine Paleolithic mans rate of things such as diabetes and heart disease compared to now and it favors them. Simply put.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. Registered User

I hear both sides clearly. But I think its foolish to say Paleo is superior simply based on various studies on what men ate 4000 yrs ago. Pretty sure men ate whatever was available to them. Some had various mammals as a choice, others predominantly ate fish perhaps, and still others ate rice and veggies.

Since we have it all here in present day America, I would like to entertain the idea that if we knew what each food is composed of and knew what micronutrients we needed for optimum health, couldnt we figure out that the point is to meet micronutrient and caloric requirements? And not so much on how to get those requirements?

At the end of the day, overall health is never measured by diet alone, but its clear that many things determine overall health such as Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, or stress levels, or even amount of physical exercise plays a huge factor as well. Its the combination of all things that make up a healthy life, not the removal of starches or legumes or whatever the health and science community is tryin to sell at that point in time. Everything in moderation will always trump the extreme approaches, imo.

Good for u Paleoist dieters, I'm happy u found something. I'm also certain that removing green beans and fresh purple hull peas is doing nothing for me but removing quite possibly the greatest balanced sources of fibrous carbs from my diet. Not to mention, peas are loaded with protein, too.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Originally Posted by Vote4pedro View Post

They didn't live past 30 or 40 because if quality of life. I'm not for or against paleo diets.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I hear both sides clearly. But I think its foolish to say Paleo is superior simply based on various studies on what men ate 4000 yrs ago. Pretty sure men ate whatever was available to them. Some had various mammals as a choice, others predominantly ate fish perhaps, and still others ate rice and veggies.

Since we have it all here in present day America, I would like to entertain the idea that if we knew what each food is composed of and knew what micronutrients we needed for optimum health, couldnt we figure out that the point is to meet micronutrient and caloric requirements? And not so much on how to get those requirements?

At the end of the day, overall health is never measured by diet alone, but its clear that many things determine overall health such as Maslows Hierarchy of Needs, or stress levels, or even amount of physical exercise plays a huge factor as well. Its the combination of all things that make up a healthy life, not the removal of starches or legumes or whatever the health and science community is tryin to sell at that point in time. Everything in moderation will always trump the extreme approaches, imo.

Good for u Paleoist dieters, I'm happy u found something. I'm also certain that removing green beans and fresh purple hull peas is doing nothing for me but removing quite possibly the greatest balanced sources of fibrous carbs from my diet. Not to mention, peas are loaded with protein, too.
    I don't think they are trying to say it's superior, everyone is different and responds differently to various dieting methods. The paleo diet is simply a diet, a way of eating, not superior to any other diet just a personal preference.
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Make My shopping List
    By Kam in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 12:44 PM
  2. Interesting Article on Dieting by Blood Type.
    By Quinc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 12:10 AM
  3. Shopping List
    By Cuffs in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
  4. Shopping List/Routine
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 01:07 AM
  5. Shopping Lists