Article: The Reasons You Should Be Squatting

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: The Reasons You Should Be Squatting

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Bros know you got to get your squats on!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Answers

squat or die!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Seriously? Hormone Release has been proven to be broscience. Cant we get these things fact checked before we let thousands of people read them and then tell their friends?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

#8: not being built like an upside down triangle
    #9: Not having bird legs
    #10: 70% of the muscle in your body is in yout legs. What "bodybuilder" can truly neglect 70% of his muscles?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by XeriCSnipE View Post
    Seriously? Hormone Release has been proven to be broscience. Cant we get these things fact checked before we let thousands of people read them and then tell their friends?
    It's not complete broscience. The hormone release is negligible, though.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Reason for squatting some little girl in china is warming up with you max
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Heaps of info there, great story! Squats are the core of my leg day. I try to variate between wider with toe out and slightly closer with feet straight.
    "Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by XeriCSnipE View Post
    Yup, you're right about hormone release, etc., being "broscience." There is absolutely no scientific evidence, that I'm aware of, supporting this claim. In fact, you can squat heavy all day and night but if you're running a caloric deficit your legs are not going to grow. Nutrition is the main factor in bodybuidling and muscle hypertrophy.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by JRam View Post

Yup, you're right about hormone release, etc., being "broscience." There is absolutely no scientific evidence, that I'm aware of, supporting this claim. In fact, you can squat heavy all day and night but if you're running a caloric deficit your legs are not going to grow. Nutrition is the main factor in bodybuidling and muscle hypertrophy.
    Yes and you can eat 100cals a day while on ungodly amounts of steroids and get smaller. What you said makes no sense.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by geanes View Post
    Yes and you can eat 100cals a day while on ungodly amounts of steroids and get smaller. What you said makes no sense.
    You know what he meant. Technically, testosterone boostage doesnt equate to more mass unless you eat more. I think he was saying diet plays a much larger role than the negligible increase in t-levels because you do squats every week.

Not tryin to offend you man but comin on here with 6 posts and already callin a dude out is a bad way to start. Sometimes people take stuff too literally. It's good to "read between the lines" of what someone is trying to say. You'll avoid alot of unnecessary arguments that way.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

You know what he meant. Technically, testosterone boostage doesnt equate to more mass unless you eat more. I think he was saying diet plays a much larger role than the negligible increase in t-levels because you do squats every week.

Not tryin to offend you man but comin on here with 6 posts and already callin a dude out is a bad way to start. Sometimes people take stuff too literally. It's good to "read between the lines" of what someone is trying to say. You'll avoid alot of unnecessary arguments that way.
    I don't see why my post count matters lmao

Of course nutrition is more important. But saying what was said in the article is completely untrue because you won't grow if you don't eat enough is a useless post. It's like someone giving the advice to do incline bench instead of flat to help bring your chest up, and him saying the advice is bad because you won't gain if you aren't eating enough. Completely unrelated and useless.

The advice to switch to incline, or that squatting may help release hormones, are aids to your lifting that can help you gain slightly more as long as the rest of your **** is on point.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Of course nutrition is more important. But saying what was said in the article is completely untrue because you won't grow if you don't eat enough is a useless post. It's like someone giving the advice to do incline bench instead of flat to help bring your chest up, and him saying the advice is bad because you won't gain if you aren't eating enough. Completely unrelated and useless.

The advice to switch to incline, or that squatting may help release hormones, are aids to your lifting that can help you gain slightly more as long as the rest of your **** is on point.
    Where did i say that that "article is completely untrue"? Nowhere. And by the way, can you point me to any peer-reviewed studies that show that squatting leads to a release of GH? There may be some out there but I'm not familiar with them. Tell me what they are. The reason I commented is that I find many inexperienced trainers think that if they work really hard in the gym, doing squats or whatever, they're going to make size gains regardless of their nutritional regimen. They may make some strength gains for a while but they won't be getting any bigger. Too many people IMHO are constantly switching routines or exercises when the real issue is what they're eating (or not, as the case may be).
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Having a low post count and talking down to another board member right off the bat is a terrible first impression. Yeah, it matters. People learn very quickly to tune out to your voice (or text). It's something quite effectively taught in communication classes actually.

Its almost like you walking in on the first day of your new job and calling BS on everything your co-workers are doing. See how well that goes over..
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Having a low post count and talking down to another board member right off the bat is a terrible first impression. Yeah, it matters. People learn very quickly to tune out to your voice (or text). It's something quite effectively taught in communication classes actually.

Its almost like you walking in on the first day of your new job and calling BS on everything your co-workers are doing. See how well that goes over..

Come here to learn. Then you teach. Then you lead. You've got to go through the process just like everyone else. We approach this board in an effort to discuss things respectfully and to learn something through it.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

No offense meant to anyone. Tell me I'm wrong though.

You speak as if I was just born and this board is my crib right now.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

No offense meant to anyone. Tell me I'm wrong though.

You speak as if I was just born and this board is my crib right now.
    No, your were not just born. However, I think its a good thing to approach things like a child.

Sorry, you weren't just born. But first impressions are very real. If the impression is a bad one, it won't matter if you are right or wrong anymore. I've learned this the hard way in the past. That's all I'm implying and I'm officially finished buffering the conversation b/w the two of you.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

No, your were not just born. However, I think its a good thing to approach things like a child.

Sorry, you weren't just born. But first impressions are very real. If the impression is a bad one, it won't matter if you are right or wrong anymore. I've learned this the hard way in the past. That's all I'm implying and I'm officially finished buffering the conversation b/w the two of you.
    Haha okay then. I really don't mind if anyone thinks I'm a dick. Sorry though guys.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Ha okay. I don't mind what anyone thinks. Sorry though I guess.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. which of the following need/should be cycled:
    By uvawahoowa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 08:26 AM
  2. Why you should be taking GUT HEALTH
    By HYBRID in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 12:44 AM
  3. The 'Anonymous' threads should be removed
    By jakellpet in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM
  4. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 02:13 PM
  5. Whats the reason you started AS ?????
    By dirtysouthmuscl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 05:06 PM