Article: NAACP Joins Fight Against NY Soda Ban

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: NAACP Joins Fight Against NY Soda Ban

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Does this say how the majority of the obese I'm these areas? Wouldn't you want to help your people? The people who started your union? The fact is they were paid off by a major soda corporation.
  3. New Member
    Answers

This country is turning into a nanny-state. I rarely, if ever, drink soda but a ban is just more government intrusion.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Answers

How about don't give them free healthcare... that's a blank check for them to **** up their health. Got type 2 diabetes? Buy your own insulin.
  5. New Member
    Answers

I agree this is just another form of government intrusion. We are gonna make mcdonalds drop the sizes of their drinks and people are still gonna consume just as much with the free refills and filling their shopping carts with 2liters and 12 packs. In Illinois tax on cigarettes has skyrocketed and sales weren't hardly effected. There's gonna have to be something different done
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  58 lbs.
    Answers

Wow so sad this organisation is opposing the ban. 35% of Americans are obese. If trends continue that number will grow to 44% by 2030 (mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE88H0RA20120918?irpc=932 ). Nanny state or not, fat cat corporates and industries need to be reeled in and they can't go on making profits while individuals and society suffers. No one can say it's entirely an individuals' will to eat or drink crap. If this was the case industry would not pay millions in advertising and consumer psychology.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

While I always agreed the ban on large sizes was a good idea I had no idea 7 eleven was exempt from these laws (if all truth is being told here), the city should have this on a level playing field. Just one more example of government helping out big successful companies who don't need the help
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    This country is turning into a nanny-state. I rarely, if ever, drink soda but a ban is just more government intrusion.
    agreed, people have no self control hence why everyone is getting fat. This country is going to hell very fast.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

If the obesity rate goes up any higher, I'm moving to europe or Australia. Seriously. I can't stand looking looking at all these fat f**ks. Call me shallow but I mean seriously? The only public place I actually see non-fat people is the gym and whole foods. Everywhere else everyone is fat! Its horrible! I used to be fat from medication I took as a kid. The second I got off of it I went ham and just dropped the weight like a rock cuz I wanted to! These people don't actually even give a crap! They will just keep getting fatter and fatter and try to influence other people that being fat is normal! Well it isnt! This is the only country in the world where being overweight is the norm and I hate it! The government has to try something drastic! Meanwhile the working people have to pay higher taxes to pay for the health care of these a**holes. I'm goddamn sick and tired of this.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

**** that. If people want to be gluttons then let em live how they wanna, they won't live long and it thins the herd. It's no secret sugary beverages and fast food is horribly unhealthy. Just limit their care if they're not trying to care for themselves. I feel as much pity for obese people as I do drug addicts.. ZERO!

Just makes me think of being in Kroger the other day behind a fat woman with like 5 kids in new shoes and clothes that cost more then mine and two carts of groceries full of mostly crappy frozen foods, instant bs and sugary juices and soda. Nothing she was buying was something I'd even eat on a cheat day, the the kicker was she paid with a food stamp card. In the parking lot loaded it into a late model Tahoe. WTF?!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 364
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM
  2. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
  3. How to win a fight against twenty children
    By raginfcktard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 07:58 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 01:25 AM