5'7"  250 lbs.

I will continue to eat my white rice.
  3. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

And my PB&J on white bread, and pop tarts! :) Everything in moderation
    •   

4. Registered User

stop paranoia about sucralose!!! This is simply retarded. I would be dead by now if it would be even a little toxic.
  5. jxn

There's a lot of exaggeration and misinformation in this article. The author should consider doing a bit more research before writing and publishing articles.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I ate bacon today :)
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

What about the anti nutrients in the bran of grain that block uptake of nutrients and cause inflammation?

Also nitrites and nitrates...plenty of those found in vegetables. Apparently the original study linking heart positions to nitrates and nitrites its questionable science too.
  8. Registered User

Worst article ever.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ white rice post workout. I eat clean but there's nothing wrong w/ sometimes splurging and it can benefit your body. Poorly written
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Do they just let anyone write these articles??

Talk about misinformed and lackluster credible sources.
  11. Registered User

Nitrite nitrates? Aint that in BEEEETS?
  12. Registered User

a load of crap on all levels
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I will continue to eat my white and basmati rice, thank you. I also prefer sugar substitue in coffee with no guilt. All protein bard are garbage, Quest might be the only exception. And popcorn is a great snack choice for low calories and antioxidants. Bad article.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.

The evidence against artificial sweetener is stacked. Aside from that, everything else in moderation is not going to make much of a difference in the long-run.
  15. Registered User

lol, look at those references. I shouldn't hate though. When I was in highschool, I used to reference Mercola all the time.
  16. Registered User

Again with the white rice bashing? Ask 2 billion Asian/Indians if white rice is bad for them. Oh wait, they don't have the obesity problem we have here...
  17. Registered User

I refuse not to have italian bread with my pasta and meatballs and sausage at Sunday dinner
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Hmm I eat white rice everyday, and I'm 5'9 , 204 lbs 13% bf...that's weird ...and I'm not giving up coke zero...worst article ever, very misleading to the beginner lifters
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

In today's world I doubt you could avoid at least half this list on any given day
  20. Registered User

I'm getting really sick and tired of AM posting these **** articles, it sucks.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was BS!!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Originally Posted by PROness View Post
    In today's world I doubt you could avoid at least half this list on any given day
    It isn't that hard to avoid the stuff just bs info.
  23. jxn

Originally Posted by ryanp81 View Post
    I'm getting really sick and tired of AM posting these **** articles, it sucks.
    Yeah, I don't read them as much any more because of the declining quality. It's worse than reading Muscle and Fitness.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.

Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    Again with the white rice bashing? Ask 2 billion Asian/Indians if white rice is bad for them. Oh wait, they don't have the obesity problem we have here...
    I agree! I would argue they also don't have such a mainstream chemical-filled food supply.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

This article is not technically garbage . Many good points on foods to avoid if looking to remain lean and keep hormone's balanced to elicit fat burning. There are always folks in the mix who defy what hoe the average population will respond to eating some of these foods.

The do not eat list should contain the below or if you must indulge to moderation of course, but to each their own.

Soy (only due to the processing of soy and "man-made versions out there)

Margarine. Just use butter (to moderation of course).

Hot dogs very high in nitrates. A little bacon now and than I think is fine.

White rice proven time and time again to have been stripped of it's nutrients. I know some defined it but the processing destroys the value.

White bread (hell even whole wheat should be avoided). Go with whole grain if the choice is to eat bread. (I agree I do like my Italian bread with my pasta meals though.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Perhaps a nutritional expert could write an article for this title and leave the hippy science out.
  27. Registered User

How about SPLENDA? I've read and read most people say its BAD is it really that Bad for you? Any daily in takers here that can give me an honest opinion? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thank you for your time.
  28. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Originally Posted by IamaRookienow View Post
    How about SPLENDA? I've read and read most people say its BAD is it really that Bad for you? Any daily in takers here that can give me an honest opinion? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thank you for your time.

No definitive studies to conclude either way but I have been eating mounds of it since it first came out and I am healthy as can be. :)
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  29. Registered User

Things you should never read....
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Not a stupid question at all. I have Splenda in my coffee daily.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  31. Registered User

Not a dumb question at all, I drink Coke Zero and Pepsi max on a regular basis, I love the stuff and haven't noticed any detrimental effects from it....haven't gained weight or had any issues with raised blood sugar or insulin and as a matter of fact it's a godsend to me when I'm leaning out or dieting, it literally kills my craving for sweets...the biggest violator in regards to arti sweets is stevia from my understanding.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.

Good Info...Not sure if I will go cold turkey on the white bread & rice, but will eat in moderation!
  33. Registered User

Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    White bread (hell even whole wheat should be avoided). Go with whole grain if the choice is to eat bread. (I agree I do like my Italian bread with my pasta meals though.
    Please explain. I hope it's not because of any gluten BS when you don't have celiac disease. I hope it's not just because it's stripped of it's nutrients when you should be getting enough from fruits/vegetables/nuts with a multivitamin for added insurance. I hope it's not because of insulin. Whey raises insulin 7 times higher than white bread and is also lacking "nutrients" yet wasn't on your list. If it's none of those reasons, then please explain why we shouldn't eat white rice or white bread.
  34. Registered User

Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Not a stupid question at all. I have Splenda in my coffee daily.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Splenda is not aspartame. Have you ever read how aspartame became legal? I wouldn't take the FDA's word for anything. I still consume it in the whey that I take. I'm not worried about that tiny amount. Anything is fine in a small enough amount. Apple juice contains both organic and inorganic arsenic and people are fine drinking that.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.

Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    Splenda is not aspartame. Have you ever read how aspartame became legal? I wouldn't take the FDA's word for anything. I still consume it in the whey that I take. I'm not worried about that tiny amount. Anything is fine in a small enough amount. Apple juice contains both organic and inorganic arsenic and people are fine drinking that.
    If I recall correctly, Splenda is chlorinated sugar.

It boggles my mind how people's logic works (or doesn't work in this case). So, because you've been consuming a toxic substance for years, with no obvious side effects, it's rational to assume that it's safe for consumption? I would have to first question what your definition of "safe" is. I know my definition of safe is something that can be consumed indefinitely without ANY potential harm or side effects being produced.

If we were to apply the logic some people submit to regarding artificial sweeteners and their "safety", we should say smokers who have been consuming tobacco for several years and have shown no overt signs of damage or illness are logically able to deduce cigarettes are safe, right?

It would be illogical to make this sort of claim--especially with the amount research and evidence showing the correlations between tobacco and health troubles, right?

What exactly is the difference again?
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    If I recall correctly, Splenda is chlorinated sugar.

It boggles my mind how people's logic works (or doesn't work in this case). So, because you've been consuming a toxic substance for years, with no obvious side effects, it's rational to assume that it's safe for consumption? I would have to first question what your definition of "safe" is. I know my definition of safe is something that can be consumed indefinitely without ANY potential harm or side effects being produced.

If we were to apply the logic some people submit to regarding artificial sweeteners and their "safety", we should say smokers who have been consuming tobacco for several years and have shown no overt signs of damage or illness are logically able to deduce cigarettes are safe, right?

It would be illogical to make this sort of claim--especially with the amount research and evidence showing the correlations between tobacco and health troubles, right?

What exactly is the difference again?
    Then nothing is safe....
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

If nitrates are to be avoided then carrots, radishes, beets and lettuce need to be avoided as well.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.

Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    Then nothing is safe....
    If we want to use a limited view, then yes, you're right.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    If we want to use a limited view, then yes, you're right.
    Duo what can you consume indefinitely without ever having harmful side effects in all circumstances? Safety is relative....
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

I don't think its chlorinated rather a diffidence molecule in the opposing racemic form. So the gut first converts it to sucrose then breaks it down for a lowered GI level and lower calories due to the additional energy needed to metabolize it. Yeah Splenda isn't aspartame. Sorry.

I don't trust the FDA for anything anymore. Money grubbing politics. Not just messing with your food choices but compromising your healthcare.
    Franz Kafka
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM
  2. things your momma never told you about being big
    By jomi822 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 07:37 AM
  3. Things You Should Know But Probably Don't
    By jjohn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4