Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Like this article good information!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

I say it all the time, Creatine is an amazing supplement. The benefits are vast and don't just stop in the weight room.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Please, please, please be careful with creatine! So many young athlete's and body builders have no idea about the damage this can cause. Now more than ever doctors are finding extreme creatine levels in young adults, this is a direct link to CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease).
    While creatine is great to build a little extra strength it can be a major issue in the long run when your kidneys start. I definitely recommend getting a full micronutrient test every 12-24 months to see just what you are lacking, then you can have a game plan to move forward with.
    Hope this helps atleast one lost soul keep the functions of their kidneys.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by DocAnderson View Post
    Please, please, please be careful with creatine! So many young athlete's and body builders have no idea about the damage this can cause. Now more than ever doctors are finding extreme creatine levels in young adults, this is a direct link to CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease).
    While creatine is great to build a little extra strength it can be a major issue in the long run when your kidneys start. I definitely recommend getting a full micronutrient test every 12-24 months to see just what you are lacking, then you can have a game plan to move forward with.
    Hope this helps atleast one lost soul keep the functions of their kidneys.
    This is a question not a rebuttal nor an attack of any kind. Is there any research that either suggests or proves that consuming creatine leads to an impaired kidney function in healthy individuals. If so, can some one please direct me to it.

Thanks
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    This is a question not a rebuttal nor an attack of any kind. Is there any research that either suggests or proves that consuming creatine leads to an impaired kidney function in healthy individuals. If so, can some one please direct me to it.

Thanks
    +1, would like to know
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I did a quick Google search and found "inconclusive" scientific data about the kidney damage caused by creatine. The article at sportsci.org has scientific backing and states that there was no correlation between creatine use and kidney problems.

Other articles do express that creatinine levels in urine and blood are directly related to how much strain is put on the kidneys and whether an excess of creatine is being consumed or not. There are plenty of such articles at livestrong.com.

I would stick to the old adage about no excess being good for the organism. Stick to the dosage recommended by the manufacturer and if any damage is noticed, discontinue use.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1,4 andro - benefits of transdermal?
    By Project in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 12:24 PM
  2. The Benefits of Flax Seed
    By DarCSA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-01-2003, 02:47 AM
  3. What are the benefits of using the Sauna and/or the Steam Room?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 04:32 AM
  4. Benefits of Fish Oil
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 09:52 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 10:00 AM