Article: From Powerlifter To Bodybuilder

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Your dead right! I have never trained for Power lifting :) I was asking more form a bodybuilding perspective sorry. Im sure if i juiced up and tried to break my PR's id probably just snap a tendon or tear a muscle.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

In BB'ing terms, which has little to do with the CNS, it helps, but the body does fight back by increasing cortisol and myostatin at a certain in a cycle. The drugs help, but they are just another tool in the arsenal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Underdeal View Post
    Serious question though, do you think that the increased strength, the drive and the rapid results from AAS dont make training physically and mentally much easier to do?

Totally agree that steriods alone do nothing and work ethic is the key but even just mentally, attaining rapid results from your efforts as opposed to the long hard slog of busting your ass for extrememly slow returns does wonders for motivation? No?
    You have to ask first how it is being used... have you reached your max?

If you have. Then how could you say its easier, if you would never reach to that level naturally... It is more of 'upgrading'... now you might be able to attain muscle at a more decent rate. But the playing cards have completely changed and the competition is completely different...
    Its even more science of additional science then of just the bodies science...

Now if you have not reached max... then yes it would be easier to get gains faster... which is not recommended...

Alot of people take it for the wrong reasons and/or wrongly period...

Cheating would be considered assuming the sport... if no one is juicing in the sport then yes this person would have an advantage and would be considered cheating...
    But bodybuilding and powerlifting...
    All are enhanced... unless otherwise... so no thats not cheating...

When you are competing against people that are trying to attain the same goal and are following the same routine... then no it isnt easier... your battling and trying just as hard as a natural bodybuilder...

Thats kinda like saying is the person that has great genetics for a certain sport cheating?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the responses guys. You have both given me alot to think about.

I am admittedly the type looking to speed things up when I havent reached my max potential. I dont have a great max potential anyway I believe.

Thanks for the schooling though. I guess my perspective on AAS is very different from high levels of competition and professionals.

Cheers,
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. FROM STRENGTH TO BODYBUILDING
    By CZERWIEC in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 03:26 PM
  2. I need 3 articles from Powerlifting USA
    By alonsofernand in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
  3. From M1T to Methyl-Dien
    By xMikeDieselx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 09:56 AM
  4. From Keto to bulk - How does it look?
    By goldylight in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 02:10 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 10:04 AM