Article: Uncommon Leg Exercises

1. Registered User

Article: Uncommon Leg Exercises

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I think if I saw someone at the gym doing that weak looking, hug the bar squat, I may piss myself! Be a man, put the bar on your shoulders (front or back) , and move weight that way!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Try the movement before you claim its 'weak'
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    I think if I saw someone at the gym doing that weak looking, hug the bar squat, I may piss myself! Be a man, put the bar on your shoulders (front or back) , and move weight that way!
    Zercher squat is arguably more important to strongmen than a back squat. You gonna pick up a 300lb stone with no handles by training to hold weight on your shoulders? If you wanna lift heavy awkward things from the ground you need to get used to hundreds of pounds cradled in your forearms. If your zercher squat is weak, it's because you're weak. Do it heavy and you'll get it. And for the record back squat is my favorite exercise after deadlift, but a truly strong person shouldn't be afraid to prove their strength in all kinds of lifts.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Try the movement before you claim its 'weak'
    I don't need to try a movement like that to know it sucks! Just look at the picture, dudes shoulders are hunched, and the bar placement alone promotes bad squat posture. Find me a benefit to this over back/front squats....good luck
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

Zercher squat is arguably more important to strongmen than a back squat. You gonna pick up a 300lb stone with no handles by training to hold weight on your shoulders? If you wanna lift heavy awkward things from the ground you need to get used to hundreds of pounds cradled in your forearms. If your zercher squat is weak, it's because you're weak. Do it heavy and you'll get it. And for the record back squat is my favorite exercise after deadlift, but a truly strong person shouldn't be afraid to prove their strength in all kinds of lifts.
    Strongman training is an animal all of its own. Normal lifters/body builders have no need for that off the wall type of lift. (Just my opinion of course, you all do what u want)
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

It can be, I'd use front squat for quad development & back for power/glute/ham development. I just meant you're cheating yourself if you think you couldn't get a good powerlift or hypertrophy training out of it. Each their own.
  8. Registered User

Is it really easier on your back? Esp with lower disc issues all i tend to do is leg curls these daya!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I don't need to try a movement like that to know it sucks! Just look at the picture, dudes shoulders are hunched, and the bar placement alone promotes bad squat posture. Find me a benefit to this over back/front squats....good luck
    No spinal compression, good for people with shoulder issues, creates more posterior activation, strongmen do them... if you can't handle it, stick to your smith machine squats or whatever you do
  10. Registered User

Overall strength , plus MIXING up your workout gives you GAINS. reduces stress on shoulders so it's perfect. Try new things now and then, might just make a MAN like you a little happier with yourself.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
  2. Leg tingles after exercise, should I worry?
    By marius in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 11:23 AM
  3. Great Leg Exercise to try out
    By Fearhk213 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 12:57 PM
  4. Leg Exercises to Balance Out Wide Hips
    By spitboy2000 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 08:28 AM