Article: Medical Schools Undereducating On Obesity

1. Registered User

Article: Medical Schools Undereducating On Obesity

2. Registered User

I am currently attending medical school and feel this article is absurd. The curriculum in both undergrad and med school both cover a fair bit of the side effects regarding obesity. Nutrition courses more specifically are very basic, yes, but it is not a doctor's obligation to provide this information to patients; they have dietitians for a reason. Educating doctors in this regard would leave medical facilities without need for dietitians and further the unemployment rate.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

I totally agree with where this article is going. Doctors should combat disease with exercise and a nutritional diet. You'd be amazed at how simple it is, yet its easier for doctors to pick up the pad and pen and write a script. I believe pharmaceutical companies have their hands in the medical fields pockets but thats a whole other article. Bottom line is it more profitable and easier on overwhelmed physicians to just write for a temporary fix.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Yes we have dieticians for a reason but think about it. At least for me I have to see my regular doctor before I can see a dietician, a dermatologist... Any specializing doctor. He writes prescriptions for almost any problem possibly missing a correct dietary diagnosis (is that even a correct term? Lol)

My dad was pre hypertension, doctor gave him some meds, I tossed those out and changed some things in my dad's diet, he's no longer pre hypertension....
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

shouldn't have to wait till medical school to teach about the dangers of obesity and how to prevent it, they should teach kids about it starting in elementary school, but we don't wanna hurt fat peoples feelings, cause peoples feelings are more important than their health:sad3:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 05:17 PM
  2. AM, school me on Propecia use
    By poison in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 05:27 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
  4. Please school me on CJC-1295/GHRP-6
    By nosnmiveins in forum IGF-1/GH