Article: Male Eating Disorders

1. Registered User

Article: Male Eating Disorders

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

I survived male anorexia at age 16-18. I lost 100 pounds and hit rock bottom in ICU at 94 pounds. I am in the process of finishing a memoir for publishing about the event to shed light on MALE anorexia.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

I've heard about this becoming a problem a few yrs ago when I was teaching diet counseling in the Air Force before retiring. I'm just wondering how prevalent its becoming in today's society?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

I understand totally. In my younger days junk food was a bad addiction of mine. So I would eat tons of it and force myself to throw it up right after. Eventually after a couple of stints in the hospital for ulcers and minor damage to my esophagus I learned my lesson.

Thing was I grew up watching all those movies with the beach guys being ripped and I was obsessed with having that kind of physique.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Originally Posted by GuyverX View Post

Thing was I grew up watching all those movies with the beach guys being ripped and I was obsessed with having that kind of physique.
    This! I didn't binge n purge tho.. I just straight wouldn't eat n worked out like crazy
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  200 lbs.

two words: Furious Pete!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

RE: Dr. Weltzin's statement of, “And if you’re eating that little and maintaining your same level of fitness, that’s a problem.”

I'd like to see some science to back this up. How is that even a problem? I eat proportionately less than the example given (200 pounds, ~10%, & about 2,200 calories a day) and I've had no problem maintaining my weight and increasing my maxes as I get ready to compete at nationals for powerlifting next month. The body is not a textbook and we don't all have the same caloric requirements. I'm so tired of seeing this dogma repeated by both the scientific community who are all theory & no practice and the fitness community who blindly follow the broscience of other members.

The only person who can tell you what's best for your body is you. Take the time to figure out what macro split works best for you, what your optimal level of caloric intake is, etc., by trial and error, not by reading what others say, and it'll be much easier to reach your goals.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

im with cedapaloozaon this one, smae thing with me, i was in the hospital at 100lbs...........slowly gianingback, its been over 2 yearsnow and i feel i a pretty solid 160 again but i do sitll struggle with alwaysthinkin abotu wroking out and food, but immroeof an overexerciser than an under eater, that was alwaysmyissue, now i jsut wat way waymore............with more andmore muscle men being shown guys feeltheyneed to be this and arent happy witht htemselves,people gotta live life and be happywith who they are, i think this is becoming much more prevalent unfortunately
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. eating disorders
    By toughchick401 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
  2. Interesting article about how much food the avg. American eats yearly.
    By D2footballjrc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
  3. Alpha Male Article
    By Mass_69 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
  4. Eating Disorder
    By IronMarc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 11:34 PM
  5. Eating Disorders