Article: Overhead Press Tips

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Overhead Press Tips

2. Registered User
    Answers

Great article! The bench press is (still) my best upper body lift but over the last couple of months I've caught myself thinking "meh, when's the last time you had to press something off of your chest in real life?" and then I (usually) commence to subtract of couple of sets from bench and replace them w/ overhead pressing. Funny but some long-term problems I've had w/ shoulder pain are starting to disappear too..
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by FadeIntoBig View Post
    Great article! The bench press is (still) my best upper body lift but over the last couple of months I've caught myself thinking "meh, when's the last time you had to press something off of your chest in real life?" and then I (usually) commence to subtract of couple of sets from bench and replace them w/ overhead pressing. Funny but some long-term problems I've had w/ shoulder pain are starting to disappear too..

I have to agree with the shoulder pain issue. I recently changed to o/head press instead of d/bells, an my shoulders feel so much better. Great article, i can always use extra tips to help increase my new fav lift..
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Great Article... seriously, I applied what I read here and my shoulders have never been so sore the next day and I take that as a good sign. Its so appropriate because I have not been progressing on my overhead press but making gains everywhere else. I believe this article unlocked what I needed to make progress on overhead press!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stalling on overhead press
    By pacman2234 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 11:24 PM
  2. Bench Press Tips
    By butrybench555 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 07:38 PM
  3. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
  4. Tips for adding reps to Bench Press