Article: Nighttime Carbs Yes Or No?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Nighttime Carbs Yes Or No?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I've never believed any of this anyway. My pre sleep snack has been two peanut butter and honey sandwiches on whole grain for the last 15 years. Maybe a big bowl of cereal if I choose. I've yet to meet any active guy that takes his fitness and way of living serious, be fat from eating nightly carbs.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  155 lbs.
    Answers

"It may very well be that the beneficial effects of the diet in this study was more associated with limiting carb dosing (and insulin secretion) to a single bolus rather than spreading them throughout the day."

Exactly. Why on Earth would they NOT also have a group eating their carbs in the morning?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I never paid great attention to this either, however I always attributed it to the fact that I worked out in the late afternoons/evenings, and it's all but fact that eating dirty (as long as fats are correctly proportioned in relation to carbs) after workout is more forgiving on your physique than any other time of the day, and may be beneficial at least performance-wise.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

There is that factor, too. I tend to eat a lot of proteins and fats in the morning and afternoon with minimal/med amount of carbs. Then dinner is usually a starchy/carb meal with my pb+h before bed with about 24oz of milk.

Somehow I am breaking all the rules and am still lean and mean. LOL
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Florent View Post
    "It may very well be that the beneficial effects of the diet in this study was more associated with limiting carb dosing (and insulin secretion) to a single bolus rather than spreading them throughout the day."

Exactly. Why on Earth would they NOT also have a group eating their carbs in the morning?
    I imagine that such a study would in fact find that the difference between the two groups was limiting carb dosing to a single bolus rather than eating carbs at night.

Where one would be more beneficial than the other would depend on a number of factors, including if any degree of fasting occurred prior to the consumption of carbs; and what time of day the person worked out relative to the meal.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

that explains why I'm having trouble losing the rest of my baby weight.. a night shift body builder for a hubby, me eating dinner at 10pm and going to bed at 11:30pm!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  8. lui
    Stats
    4'10"  70k lbs.
    Answers

amazing, the las 2 years I've been eating about 2 pieces of wheat bread, or 2 potatoes, or brown raise, and I've never seen more fat on my body, but its true that its been hard to lose fat too since I', in 10% of body fat, I don´t now if it is for the nigths carbs or, maybe I need more fasted cardio, or leave the nigth carbs. what do you think???
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

2 pieces of bread are putting fat on you?
  10. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

BroScience huh?

I'll have to an experiment on myself.

Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I never paid great attention to this either, however I always attributed it to the fact that I worked out in the late afternoons/evenings, and it's all but fact that eating dirty (as long as fats are correctly proportioned in relation to carbs) after workout is more forgiving on your physique than any other time of the day, and may be beneficial at least performance-wise.
    U eat dirty after ya works outs?

Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    There is that factor, too. I tend to eat a lot of proteins and fats in the morning and afternoon with minimal/med amount of carbs. Then dinner is usually a starchy/carb meal with my pb+h before bed with about 24oz of milk.

Somehow I am breaking all the rules and am still lean and mean. LOL
    Lucky man!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

U eat dirty after ya works outs?
    I often eat things like pop tarts, frosted sugar cookies, or something of that nature for PWO carbs. Doesn't seem to make a difference if I eat that or honey and oats.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I often eat things like pop tarts, frosted sugar cookies, or something of that nature for PWO carbs. Doesn't seem to make a difference if I eat that or honey and oats.
    With a protein shake?

I'd like to have a chicken Philly & fries. :D
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

If I worked out later in the day, a philly and fries would definitely be in order!

I dread the day I can't eat what I want.
  14. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    If I worked out later in the day, a philly and fries would definitely be in order!

I dread the day I can't eat what I want.
    I work out anytime between 7-11pm...
    Depends on work.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. havoc / epistane yes or no
    By smalls556 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:02 AM
  2. post workout carbs- crucial yes or no
    By small_guy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
  3. No SERM??? Opinions??? Yes or No??? Why???
    By colindep in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 12:44 PM
  4. Cardio after leg days - Yes or No?
    By JonesersRX7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 02:04 PM